"Baby build" KA-T

Yup, post them single slammers here....
Jordan Gladman
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Jordan Gladman »

Mark, Im just running the AFC with reduced base timing right now. I plan to get my chipped ECU working, just need to figure out wtf is wrong. I socketed a spare Auto ECU which may be the problem, Im going to try socketing a manual ECU and burning a 460 + Z32 bin I got from hybrid KA and I'll tune from there to accomodate my boost. I've made 350+ whp reliably with just an AFC and stock ECU without problems but I believe it will run better once I get the stock ECU chipped. I'll have vids up before the weekend, maybe i'll film something tonight if its not too dark when I get home.

As for studs, those are them. I put studs everywhere, makes putting things together way easier.

http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/de ... 860&ucst=t
jeremy242
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by jeremy242 »

awsome there is a store right next to my house and i didn't even know it was there
ars13
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by ars13 »

Any more info on your turbo? I noticed you said it was a t3/4 60 trim in the first post. What brand is it/reliability/when do you see full boost?

Reason I ask is that I have been looking around at turbos lately and would like to get a good grasp on the different companies products before I make a final decision. Thanks. Your build is AWESOME btw, I love the projectors set up.
Jordan Gladman

Post by Jordan Gladman »

This is the turbo here:

http://www.kineticmotorsport.com/produc ... 8-305.html

Its only a 50 trim. Its a precision turbo, fairly reputable company to buy from.
Mark Washington
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Mark Washington »

This is a good place to be. I am trying to do the same thing. I have an safc!! (not installed)
and a stanza ECU with a consult cable. It gets hella good power but is way rich most of the time. I would like to have the option to change what I can clearly see, and now I feel ready for the next head-AKE :bash:
速い速い シルビア ターボターボ
Its not the size of the turbo,Its how you spool it.
Mark Washington
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Mark Washington »

Jordan Im just bumping your build cause its so sick and gives singles a good name.
I kind of forgot and am glad I recapped on it. Add the intake manifold dude,
It is a big and very cool part of your build.
I try to find sick SOHC in the pic section and here but I guess Im not going back far enough.
I was running 274-40-17 N3000 myself (back only) and loved the hard compound and long life along with a tough/thick sidewall.
速い速い シルビア ターボターボ
Its not the size of the turbo,Its how you spool it.
Jordan Gladman

Post by Jordan Gladman »

The tires would probably be one of my last choices for rubber if money wasnt an issue, but these tires are cheap cheap cheap. They worked out to around $50 each with my rims.

As for this build...

I have seimen 60lb injectors on route, I have an OJ stage 2 hyd turbo cam on the way as well as my new intake manifold. Im currently running 20lbs of boost and hitting around 68% airflow on my Z32, after adding the chipped ECU i've been able to get a lot out of my 460s and Id estimate the hp to be in the 350 range as is. Im hoping to increase that significantly with the new injectors and cam as well as a meth injection kit within a month or so.

I'm also playing with the idea of port matching my spare cylinder head to the intake/exhaust manifolds and replacing the valve springs with harder ones. I tried ordering the springs from horsepowerparts.com but they never got back to me, i'll have to dig around some more to find someone to ship to canada.

You can also look out for an equal length manifold in the near future. I dont think 400whp will be a problem with my shorty sidemount, but I think I could benefit greatly from going with an equal length in the future.

Heres an update pic of the intake manifold if anyone missed the fab section pics.

New exhaust manifold gaskets. ;)

di-devol
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by di-devol »

oi! where did you get those gaskets?
SOHC-T: Arias 8.8 Pistons, AMS Sportsman rods w/ ARP rod bolts, Clevite main and rod bearings, Arp main and head studs, Portmatched head, Garrett TO4E 50 trim .60 .63 a/r, Cxracing FMIC-Intercooler piping, Greddy rs bov, Tial 38mm wastegate, Lc-1 WB, Jgs DP, circut sport sr downpipe, CXracing exhaust, O&J stage2 cam, Aem EMS.

Finally 300hp
Jordan Gladman

Post by Jordan Gladman »

ars13
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by ars13 »

I always get happy when I open this thread. Awesome work. I noticed the gaskets the other day when I was looking through your ebay store. I thought about switching to a kade, but it's tough to make that decision when I look at the work you've done with the single cam. Great looking manifold by the way.
40ozsx
NooB

Re: "Baby build" KA-T

Post by 40ozsx »

I'm kinda new here, so I don't know if I'll get hate for bumping this post from 5 years ago. But this is freaking awesome, I'm taking notes left and right from this build.
ApexEight
Learners Permit

Re: "Baby build" KA-T

Post by ApexEight »

You're right, this is a sweet build. Jordan, are you still on here? And are you the guy behind Gladman Performance by chance?