The Red Hatchling

Yup, post them single slammers here....
mookhaasa
Dreams of owning a 240!

Re: The Red Hatchling

Post by mookhaasa »

So this is the new starting point
Red 1989 240sx. Rb20det

Black S13 Coupe. About to be 5spd and turbo.
mookhaasa
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by mookhaasa »

finally got another stand so I can hopefully freshen up my motor tomorrow. Swap what I can Saturday. Finish up sunday/monday. Then if all goes well... buy a turbo kit.
Red 1989 240sx. Rb20det

mookhaasa
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by mookhaasa »

Okay Brew life never slows down so I am still behind on my goals. In the meantime I bought a $300 2000 Corolla and now it needs a rebuild but is 5spd and hella clean. Have to get my 720 datsun out of my mom's yard so that's about to happen again. Pretty much have everything but fuel management for this turbo coupe build. Rb20det hatch has been such a great daily, but now needs some love too. Slowly doing a 5lug swap on the hatch, but dailying coils is not my style, so once the coupe runs I may steal the uprights and try to get 5lug to work with kyb/euroline suspension. i hate spacers so this might not be easy. My end goal at this point is to have a ka-t coupe with the most luxury and a **** box rat rod hatch which I have, but the coupe need to get ritzy. also I don't use forums much cuz of the work stuffs, but miss it.
Also got my hands on a $50 2003 Ford Focus for the purpose of making a 24hours of lemons racecar.

[img] https://scontent.forf1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=57C4A2F9 [img]
Red 1989 240sx. Rb20det

supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

You have your hands in quite a few things...way to stay busy while getting stuff done. You have a quite a few projects. Keep it up.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
mookhaasa
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by mookhaasa »

I am about to have a ton of garage time.

Things I learnded this weekend...
1. Studs for turbo are too long and need to be trimmed or replaced with shorties
2. I need to clock the turbo quite a bit for this manifold
3. Tying the wastegate dumppipe into the exhaust is gonna be fun to get it by the steering knuckle, might just dump out and tie in later
4. Need to flow test the rx7 injectors and see if they are worth anything or if I need bigger
5. I think I might need to swap exhausts so this can have the 3" and my rb20det hatch can have a deep growly 2.5" NICOclub special

Next is pulling dud kae with auto and prepping bay for fun times. Getting kae with low comp in cylinder1 torn down to get ready to de piston swap and make sure everything is freshened up. Then start mocking up turbo and piping to the massive intercooler I have been sitting on.

Question... at what point does a small intercooler stop working for you? like stock sidemount vs. small front mount vs. larger front mount/v-mount or whatever. smaller is responsive but then it doesn't cool enough at a certain point so you upgrade for flow then larger for more cooling and larger/v-mount. My intercooloer is large but then now so is the turbo so I know I am not maxing it out but would a smaller intercooler be better until I can say it doesn't cool enough?
Red 1989 240sx. Rb20det