Twin Turbo KA24E **Driveby Videos**

Yup, post them single slammers here....
tom550
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by tom550 »

now thinking about it. it may not do much

where one turbo is connected to the filter then the outlet of the compressure is the piped to the inlet of the 2nd turbos compesur inlet, then that turbos outlet goes to the intake manifold

umm well this might help explain it.
filter to turbo1 inlet
turbo1 to turbo2 inlet
turbo 2 to manifold
maifold

like i said it may not help at all it might actually cause more lag.
ha
jburgess86
240sx Wannabe

Post by jburgess86 »

Alright well I knows its been a while since my last posts so heres some updates.

I have the majority of the work done on the intake manifold. I just have to weld in the back plate for the plenum for idle air and vaccum etc. The exhaust manifold is done and just needs to be surfaced.

The Block is prepped. Bored, decked, honed, tank dipped etc. Got new freeze plugs just need to get em in. Then I just have to install my internals whenever I get them. The crank is polished and ready to go.

The head is completely assembled and ported. All new Stainless valves, stiffer spring sets, reground cam, seals, valve guides, and mechanical lifters.

Check it out and some pics of my 240 that all this is going in
jburgess86
240sx Wannabe

Post by jburgess86 »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jburgess86
240sx Wannabe

Post by jburgess86 »

weee some old SOHC turbo action
blacks13coupe
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by blacks13coupe »

You make them sportmaxx's look good! Very nice car bro, and sick looking setup.
Truck
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Truck »

Those solid lifters are beautiful. Has this seriously not been asked yet? What turbos are you going to run?
Squeaks and squeals is the name of my wheels.
jburgess86
240sx Wannabe

Post by jburgess86 »

blacks13coupe - thanks man, pretty nice rims for the price.

Truck - yea not sure if anyone asked yet. Twin AGP 40 trims. T3 .48 A/R stage 3 wheel. External wastegate Tial 38mm.

I got a good deal on them, had my old t3/t4 50 trim rebuilt by AGP and they made me another identical one from some used turbos they had.

AGP def helped me out a lot on this project and saved me some money. Great company
crazypete59
240sx Wannabe

Post by crazypete59 »

how much did you pay for those lifters and whats the parts number really interested in getting lifters like yours
sdaigle240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by sdaigle240 »

cant get enough of this keep it comin!
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
meme2105
Learners Permit

Post by meme2105 »

sdaigle240 wrote:cant get enough of this keep it comin!
www.OandJperformance.com has mechanical lifters for about 370 iirc. check them out.

also, very nice build. keep us updated
Q45 Brake Upgrade-kevlar brake pads
Godspeed Swaybar-front
ebay strut bar-front
Tokico HP-front
KYB GR2-rear
Ksport GT springs
jburgess86
240sx Wannabe

Post by jburgess86 »

Thanks for all the positive support. Those lifters are from Rebello Racing and will put you back 600.

I should have somethin new by the end of the month.
Josh_300ZXT/240SX
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Josh_300ZXT/240SX »

Looks really good! I will be watching this.
R.I.P. Elian Angel Rowley. 05/15/2010-07/22/2010
We will never forget.

BigJ
bullet92
NooB

Post by bullet92 »

dude thats sick. I love clean engine bays with a fresh swapped clean motor. Too me its amazing. lol.
im a newbie. i know a hella lot about 240's though. im only into s13 hatches. i just lovem.
jburgess86
240sx Wannabe

Post by jburgess86 »

Alright im gunna have some pictures and updates on here sometime early next week for the TT. Just waiting on some things to get my block assembled etc. I should have this not completely done but running in late May.

I put another engine together about 3 weeks ago. Nothing specical to have a new post about, but I will be throwing some pictures of it on here.

It is a OEM rebuild but im gunna be hitting it with some Nitrous to see how that goes. :) it is all stock except ARP headstuds, and mainstuds.
Sock-T
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Sock-T »

This is the best build in the world hands down.
Liteemup39496

Post by Liteemup39496 »

Subbed!!!!

'89 KAe-T Coupe - on the road to a goal of 400whp with A/C
'91 Hatch - VH45 powered, track duty
'05 Titan - I/H/E VK56 - Tow rig and Daily
Single Jingle love
shift_240
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by shift_240 »

epic build cant wait to see the finish result more pics please! :twisted:
another one bites the dust

kevin-bullis
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by kevin-bullis »

Sweet build.
1989 Nissan 240sx (sasha)
4-2-1 Pace Setter Performance Header
Ractive Muffler
Drop_Top_240

Post by Drop_Top_240 »

jburg! gota finish this thing up! im almost done with my cylinder head, the block is ready and timing sets will be ordered. were both gona be running at the same time, and with your megasquirt experience can you help me with my fuel and timing maps in tunerpro?
drop_top_240

good bye drop top

93 coupe de 40 with dohc-t Arias pistons AMS sportsman rods built with 440's z32 maf real rs bov ebay mani, screamer elbow, custom high mount intercooler and exhaust from Purcell Forced Induction s14 t-28bb and socketed ecu tuned by me
Turnstyles
240sx Wannabe

Post by Turnstyles »

waits in the shadows.... 8) damn yall are doing big things i cant wait till i get there, i got alot to do
KA24E SOHC swaggin on haters
jburgess86
240sx Wannabe

Post by jburgess86 »

damnnnn its nice to hear these comments! :D sorry no pictures yet got a little behind still waiting on some parts to assemble the block etc.

YEa man ill def help ya with tuning (as much as I can, my tuning experience lacks) What car ya drive, have I met ya before? Never used tunerpro but im sure its pretty much the same and megatune. Is this MIke?

Hopefully the next time I write something on here ill have some sick pictures to go with it.

Turnstyles dont sweat it man, comes with time. Im rocking a stock single cam right now, with OPEN DIFF :cry:
Drop_Top_240

Post by Drop_Top_240 »

its mike dude.. you know what im doin son
drop_top_240

good bye drop top

93 coupe de 40 with dohc-t Arias pistons AMS sportsman rods built with 440's z32 maf real rs bov ebay mani, screamer elbow, custom high mount intercooler and exhaust from Purcell Forced Induction s14 t-28bb and socketed ecu tuned by me
motoman399
240sx Wannabe

Post by motoman399 »

pretty cool looking build. keep it up. you said you were going to post some more pics of the velocity stacks... can you do that lol im interested. thanks
F/S S14 zenki HUD cluster and HUD display
nu240sx

Post by nu240sx »

I like what you are doing here with the twin turbo set up...dare to be different. Don't let the haters stop you....keep doing what you doing..cant wait to see when its done...
jburgess86
240sx Wannabe

Post by jburgess86 »

Its been a while since I posted on here, Time frame definitely not what I thought. But thats the way it is. So I got the block together last week happy with the way it turned out. Heres some pictures of the operation. Ill post some more pictures and stuff later next week

Still waiting on some parts to do the timing and oil pump. Then ill have the engine assembled.

Ponda
240sx Wannabe

Post by Ponda »

:D Looks awesome!
03' WRX
89' S13 Coupe 2-Tone
www.stuckUdecals.com
Jus14

Post by Jus14 »

looking good this now has my attention keep us posted man...
Zip Tie Racing
www.NissanNation.com
jburgess86
240sx Wannabe

Post by jburgess86 »

Alright so I got the parts for the Timing Chain, got that all assembled. Never saw a new timing cover before, very nice. All mine were kinda ****, cracked in some spots, beat up. I decided to reuse my stock timing chain (actual nissan one). But I felt better about it because I used it before and I know its good.

Now I will be test fitting and making all my oil return and feed lines and some of the downpipes for the turbos. Fitting oil pressure sender.

Still have to finish up the coolant port on the Intake Flange, and weld the back plate to the plenum.

I was thinking about Ceramic Coating the Turbo Manifold, but might try and do something cheaper to save some cash? I was gunna just heat wrap the downpipes regardless.

Ive heard mixed things about whether or not the stock oil pressure sender port on the oil filter adapter to the block is filtered or not? Meaning if you ran a oil feed line from there, is the oil "filtered" before it leaves that location. I tryed checking the oil flow diagram but kinda hard to tell. ANY Knowledge here???? :?:

thanks

Def the cleanest engine I ever put together :D
jburgess86
240sx Wannabe

Post by jburgess86 »

So here are some more updates. Today I got my diff out cleaned most of it up, gunna paint the valve cover and weld up the diff.

This last week I did a lot with wiring up the gauges finally got almost all of it done, just need a EGT gauge but im going to wait till I get the engine running for that. Would rather spend money to actually get it running than worry about stuff for later on. Oil pressure gauge defintely important for now

Fuel pump is on first swith to left with red led light, then front lights, then fans, gauges, and the last switch will be for my linelock selenoid or somethin else.

sorry for **** pics, from phone

jburgess86
240sx Wannabe

Post by jburgess86 »

Worked on the Oil feed and returns for the turbos got the feeds completely done.
The Red A/N fitting has a built in filter, small mesh screen. The feeds start as a dash-4 by the oil filter then they tee off up by the front cover and split into 2x dash-3 lines. no oil restrictors for now till I see what my oil pressure is with the 280zx pump.

Figured out the stock port on the filter adapter IS filtered, but this is reassuring.
And I guess the ports on the sandwhich plate arent filtered?

I widened the oil pan to hold more oil but this was done a while ago. Just have to weld the last oil return and then I can finish the return lines.