69 datsun 510 ka24et

Yup, post them single slammers here....
philcas1987
Learners Permit

69 datsun 510 ka24et

Post by philcas1987 »

hey guys posting up my build. its been a long build process to get this 510 to the stage it is now. but i want to take it a step further and turbo the kae. cant keep up with the sr 510's :cry: . i swapped a ka24e, huge afco aluminum radiator,smog delete,walbro 255,header and exhaust, aluminum pulleys,11 pound flywheel,intake,stanza ecu, subaru r160 clsd with 411 gears. cv axles,bigger brakes,swaybars, ect......

i need tons of parts and research to make the turbo 510 happen. so far this is what i have,stock rebuilt short block, t3 turbo from a z31, jgs manifold,rx7 460 injectors,s-afc 2,small intercooler that i might not use. and remote oil filter&oil cooler plumed with -10 an .

i will update. but it will be a slow build
di-devol
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by di-devol »

Looks good, will follow your build.

I think I sold you that motor lol.
SOHC-T: Arias 8.8 Pistons, AMS Sportsman rods w/ ARP rod bolts, Clevite main and rod bearings, Arp main and head studs, Portmatched head, Garrett TO4E 50 trim .60 .63 a/r, Cxracing FMIC-Intercooler piping, Greddy rs bov, Tial 38mm wastegate, Lc-1 WB, Jgs DP, circut sport sr downpipe, CXracing exhaust, O&J stage2 cam, Aem EMS.

Finally 300hp
Mark Washington
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Mark Washington »

Im in 4 the progress as well. Love the 510
good motor choice. :lol:
速い速い シルビア ターボターボ
Its not the size of the turbo,Its how you spool it.
philcas1987
Learners Permit

Post by philcas1987 »

i got rid of an sr that was meant to go into this car. several reasons why i kept it. low end,easy to work on,parts availibility,already swapped in, and its an under dog in 510 circles. so i think i chose a great engine for my dime.

didevol i was the one who bought your shortblock. thats what a 510 looks like but mine in a more rattyer version.

got some small stuff and another exhaust housing after i screwed one up. thinking of having a machine shop extract these two bolts

-4 oil feed and -10 oil drain. need to figure out the water cooling

got an aem uego analog wideband for a song. just need a new o2

Mark Washington
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Is that -10 AN on the turbo return and -4 on the feed? Thats the size I use. Nice way to stop it from leaking.
速い速い シルビア ターボターボ
philcas1987
Learners Permit

Post by philcas1987 »

dropped off the exhaust housing at a machinist :D .a buddy donated a n60 maf and a starion intercooler for this build. i already installed the maf and used the safc to read it. it runs alot smoother. i have a 3'' shorty intake and the maf puts the hotwire right in the path of airflow. i was originally planning on not running a intercooler but i would limit me on boost. im going to run one but im very limited on space. have to be wider than the radiator but shorter than the frame rails. 510's dont have much real estate in front of the radiator. looks like im going to modify the starions end tanks or buy a core and build one. dont want a crazy aussie set up. just want it to look like a 510. sr 510's have way more room and can run a puller fan. i have to run a pusher. its possible to locate the engine 1 1/2' further back with just a little more work.

philcas1987
Learners Permit

Post by philcas1987 »

mounted my set up to a buddies project. first obstacle, i have to remove my brake booster. second would be the turbo inlet it too close to core support. i can mount the maf directly to the turbo and have just enough clearance for a small filter or run a 90 off the inlet and point the filter and maf down. also got the emusa 38mm wastegate.

philcas1987
Learners Permit

Post by philcas1987 »

got the housing back. no more broken studs. i put the engine on a stand, and tore in to it. i have to check everything out. one step forward two steps back i guess.had to get an adapter for the oil line feed. also got some super sweet exhaust manifold gaskets from gladman :D

Mark Washington
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Those are the best exhaust manifold gaskets on the market in the world for the KA24E.

I have been blowing felpro's for a year or so and the gladman ones can be reused if needed. When I swapped my motor I reused them and they dont leak either. Please save your aluminum head and get studs not bolts for the header/manifold. I didn't bother with ARP or anything but after installing time sirts once, I didn't want to bother with it again. Now I wont feel as bad.. When My Titanium header is done Im going to buy another pair from Jordan. I think I was the first to have them other than him? Doesn't matter. Copper was my first thought/ or what I thought I wanted do to ease of porting.But the stainless ones have been nice even though my header and exhaust ports have a few MM bigger ID. Way better than not enough.
速い速い シルビア ターボターボ
Jordan Gladman
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Jordan Gladman »

I only have a few more sets of the gaskets for sale. I didnt really make any money on them, i just wanted some for myself. If you want another set, get em soon.
WWW.GLADFAB.COM SOHC Turbo Manifolds
philcas1987
Learners Permit

Post by philcas1987 »

Mark Washington wrote:Those are the best exhaust manifold gaskets on the market in the world for the KA24E.

I have been blowing felpro's for a year or so and the gladman ones can be reused if needed. When I swapped my motor I reused them and they dont leak either. Please save your aluminum head and get studs not bolts for the header/manifold. I didn't bother with ARP or anything but after installing time sirts once, I didn't want to bother with it again. Now I wont feel as bad.. When My Titanium header is done Im going to buy another pair from Jordan. I think I was the first to have them other than him? Doesn't matter. Copper was my first thought/ or what I thought I wanted do to ease of porting.But the stainless ones have been nice even though my header and exhaust ports have a few MM bigger ID. Way better than not enough.
I'm going to run arp studs on the manifold to head,housing to downpipe flange,and housing to manifold. But can't seem to find the 10 mm in the catalog. $150 in small studs its a lot. 510's nature is to nickle and dime his owner to death. The gasket holes are slightly smaller than the ports on my manifold. Did I mention I love stainless :D
philcas1987
Learners Permit

Post by philcas1987 »

i was lazy. but i made a trip to the wrecking yard. pulled a injector resistor box out of a honda. painted the 460's too. got my b&m supercooler oil cooler. its small but it will fit in the small space between the grill and radiator while clearing the pusher fan. pioneer valve springs came in. i also scored a n62 maf from my mitsubishi buddy. nobody wanted it. i sure did!. now im going to focus on collecting parts to build the long block.

philcas1987
Learners Permit

Post by philcas1987 »

Sorry guys this ka-t is being put on hold... Because I'm doing this at the moment

I hope to be back around the end of the year.
Mark Washington
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Good luck on this build !! I hope the WG works out for you.
速い速い シルビア ターボターボ
melvingoku
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by melvingoku »

can u tell me the code of ur tubro? i looks very similar to mine! .48 a/r?
Saxy_S13
240sx Wannabe

Post by Saxy_S13 »

You sir, are my hero. Lol. This is my goal once I SR the 240. I've gotta FIND a 510 first though. Also looking to import a bluebird maybe instead
body80
240sx Wannabe

Post by body80 »

I love off the wall car builds like this.

I swear if I ever win the lotto I'm building a shop and just make crazy cars like this. My favorite is a twin turbo LS1 in a volvo station wagon.

Keep us updated!
Jeff
Mark Washington
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Off the wall would be a KA-t in a Prius. KA24's belong in 510's
速い速い シルビア ターボターボ
71ka510
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 71ka510 »

hey philcas, is that at james the 510 keepers place? sure looks like his yard