KA24et Flooding Out?

Yup, post them single slammers here....
90Ka24et
Dreams of owning a 240!

KA24et Flooding Out?

Post by 90Ka24et »

So I finally got a working Tuned ECU thanks to John "JK Tuning." My car fires right up but is running insanely rich. The oil smells completely like gas and the car will idle fine but will not rev. If I give it gas it will take 5 seconds for me to gain maybe 300 rpms hence the reason I figure its flooding out. I am running a z32 maf and I un plugged it and the car revved up so I am thinking its just a fuel issue. I have an adjustable FPR which I haven't touched yet. Just wanted some input before I start tinkering with things that I may not have to.
NeverSatisfied
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by NeverSatisfied »

Its either a fuel problem or a problem with your tune.
If its worth doing, its worth overdoing.
s13beast
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by s13beast »

Be careful with gas in your oil. That's a good way to spin some bearings or worse.
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

s13beast wrote:Be careful with gas in your oil. That's a good way to spin some bearings or worse.
+2.4
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
souljaseth33
240sx Wannabe

Post by souljaseth33 »

Have you called JK Tuning and let them know your issues?

Im sure he'd be quick to help you out, he seems cool from the times I've dealt with him. My plans of now are to have him tune my SOHC build
Hebrew Hammer - The baddest Heeb this side of Tel Aviv

www.slideny.com

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
90Ka24et
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 90Ka24et »

Yeah I am keeping him updated with the progress and he has been very helpful. I am going to double check my MAF wiring but like I said im thinking it could be this fuel pressure regulator.
90Ka24et
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 90Ka24et »

Turns out the MAF signal wires were not wired together. It did fix the rich issue and there is no longer any smoke, the car jumps up to about 2700 rpms and just stays there. I can't adjust the distributor to idle it down but it is about in the middle of the bolt hole so there isn't much room to move it around. Ive heard this can fry an ECU but mine seems to be working just fine, is there a possibility it corrupted my tune or anything?
boostedPOS
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by boostedPOS »

Have you checked you IACV? maybe it's ramped up super high. It's on the back of your intake manifold and there is an adjuster screw on it. But to properly adjust it you have to unplug your tps then turn your car on, and set the idle to 800ish.

But if you're car idled fine before and after you got the tune it's messed up then i would just talk to the guy who tuned it. But it's always a good idea to make sure you're idle is set correctly.