Drifting videos, maybe some feedback too?

Yup, post them single slammers here....
Lopin18
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Drifting videos, maybe some feedback too?

Post by Lopin18 »

For those who want to enjoy it:

Gopro videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC31D548F0A14C370

KA24e + OJ Perf Stage 2 Hyd Cam + Holset HE341

For any drifters that could offer some feedback:

I live in the Dominican Republic, drifting a 240sx, KA24E-T, 270hp-270tq on a Holset HE341. Running on used tyres since they are REALLY expensive here.

Problem: Im spinning out and straitening a lot when in WOT @ 3rd gear. When i start the 1st corner its good i think, nice angle speed, but when i go into the main transfer zone (long straight into a long right hand corner), i find that my angle is really lacking, also that when i hit the rev limiter i feel like the tyres arent spinning enough to keep me in high angles (like my 3rd gear is too short or my short final drive...) and to reach further i have to use the ebrake and i dislike that.... same thing in the second long corner, i feel like im lacking angle but i cant input more because i wont get to the clipping point due to speed.

I have a lot of videos, maybe someone can check them out and input tips and things to check, better setups etc... thanks guys anyways!!

Car Setup:

Using all the ISIS Arms in the front and only a ISIS camber arm on the rear, stock toe arm.
Tein tie rods and ends with the ring.
Suspensions HKS hyper on front, Cuscos on the back, both full adjustments coilovers.

Settings:
F: 4.2 Camber, 7.1 Caster, 0.4 Toe Out
R: 1.8 Camber, 0.20 Toe In

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC31D548F0A14C370
sdaigle240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by sdaigle240 »

im not good by any means but from what i can see you need more speed for that turn 1>2 transition. its a fairly long straight huh. can u enter turn 1 with more speed and transition to turn 2 a tad later? also the e brake is your friend. yeah maybe youd love to doa full blown 3rd gear smokey pass but the ebrake is perfectly fine. you lost angle a few times which could have been good times to yank it depending on your speed. if you have wheel speed problems redlined in 3rd, consider yanking that ebrake to scrub some speed, keep or increase angle and get you back into the desired powerband.

why do you toe out up front?
also, you can really really conserve tires by running 0.5* or under out back. looks a lil goofy but 0 gets you awesome wear. i run ~.5

EDIT: bingo. could easily be wrong but personally i would slide turn 1 in 2nd gear, come out of it banging limiter and click 3rd. your entering in 3rd, your wheel speed may be higher but your car speed is too low to carry to turn 2.
Last edited by sdaigle240 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
Lopin18

Post by Lopin18 »

Yeee thats the stuff, i always thought that 3rd gear entries where faster than 2nd gear banging. Will try that one out. Also im gonna rethink my alignment, hopefully by the time i decide ill have enough info to do a better setup.
di-devol

Post by di-devol »

You need the ebrake, and take the first corner faster, when you get to that straight you can see the black marks from people ebraking that transition. Your alignment seems ok, don't rethink anything, just keep going and you'll get it.
SOHC-T: Arias 8.8 Pistons, AMS Sportsman rods w/ ARP rod bolts, Clevite main and rod bearings, Arp main and head studs, Portmatched head, Garrett TO4E 50 trim .60 .63 a/r, Cxracing FMIC-Intercooler piping, Greddy rs bov, Tial 38mm wastegate, Lc-1 WB, Jgs DP, circut sport sr downpipe, CXracing exhaust, O&J stage2 cam, Aem EMS.

Finally 300hp
Lopin18

Post by Lopin18 »

Ive had many problems with my current alignment, so ive read a while and consulted with mitto from driftworks and got a new setup:

Front: Camber 4.2, Caster 7.5, Toe 0.40 out
Rear: Camber 1.3 Total Toe 0.16 in.

So its less camber in the rear, more caster up front, and less toe in in the rear. Maybe that will make it easier on me.
di-devol

Post by di-devol »

I meant, don't only rely on alignment settings lol. Seat time,Seat time,Seat time.

I run
Front
-7 camber
8.5-9 caster
3/32 toe out (total)

Rear
-.5 camber
Stock traction length
1/16 toe in (total)
SOHC-T: Arias 8.8 Pistons, AMS Sportsman rods w/ ARP rod bolts, Clevite main and rod bearings, Arp main and head studs, Portmatched head, Garrett TO4E 50 trim .60 .63 a/r, Cxracing FMIC-Intercooler piping, Greddy rs bov, Tial 38mm wastegate, Lc-1 WB, Jgs DP, circut sport sr downpipe, CXracing exhaust, O&J stage2 cam, Aem EMS.

Finally 300hp
Lopin18

Post by Lopin18 »

Yeah... ive got 6 years drifting, always had an underpowered car, now this year i get 250, then 270hp and now im driving like **** after changing alignment. Probably fitting into the new changes. Ill try those settings, they look very similar to how i ran some years ago and it was great. hopefully im just out of whack in the rear and i havent gotten used to it.
sdaigle240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by sdaigle240 »

i think your alignment specs in the case are less important then you carying turn 1 with more speed.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
Lopin18

Post by Lopin18 »

Yeah i did notice how i went really conservative on 3rd gear entries, i think a 2nd gear banging would get me the push i need and the speed. Will do try that along the alignment hopefully ill hit 2 important points :P, time for testing.