Dual Electric fans

Yup, post them single slammers here....
Turnstyles
240sx Wannabe

Dual Electric fans

Post by Turnstyles »

I searched...
i bought a universal fan controller for now until i find a nice one later, my clutch fan is stuck activated lol so im upgraded to electric fans, not because its cool but it will allow more space for me to get to the belts etc. for maintenance. IMO

i already have these mishimoto dual fans

P/N 3650-01, i guess its a copied hayden controller, looks just like this

now my question is, i don't have a screw in thermostat like the one above, is it possible to splice in a push in probe thermostat on the wire connecting the screw thermostat? will it work? The orange wire is the only wire that gives motor power, will splicing both fans into it be enough? if not i can always just make one autonomous and the other one manual by direct wire and switch...

anyone with expertise on wiring these please give me a suggestion[/img]
KA24E SOHC swaggin on haters
Turnstyles
240sx Wannabe

Post by Turnstyles »

this is the exact one i have
Turnstyles
240sx Wannabe

Post by Turnstyles »

and i have a koyo radiatior, there is no screw in port for a thermotstat
Turnstyles
240sx Wannabe

Post by Turnstyles »

i figured it out, im not done yet but im deleting this thread tomorow
schmauster920
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by schmauster920 »

Did you just get another one?

So the OP or anyone else knows.. auto parts stores sells a thermostatic controller for like 30 bucks with a probe that goes in the radiator.
D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
Turnstyles
240sx Wannabe

Post by Turnstyles »

yeah i just got another one, im taking the screw in one back and i got the probe version, its pretty simple i had some one explain it to me. i do need to get a fuse for the the second wire to the second fan, just in case
schmauster920

Post by schmauster920 »

Ive got the same fan controller and dual fans.

I will prob get a 2nd fan controller to set on a higher speed for the 2nd fan. It would also act as a fail safe in case one went out

For the record it got doused in radiator fluid for a long time from my overflow bottle when i had a blown head gasket. The are extremely simple and durable.. it only died because it was packed full of dried coolant lol
D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
Turnstyles
240sx Wannabe

Post by Turnstyles »

yeah im almost done, i just need to find a good "hot lead" wire because i want the fans to run when i turn the car off to cool it down to below set temp and turn off, can i wire it to any positive wire or straight to battery terminal?
schmauster920

Post by schmauster920 »

Yeah just add a fuse and you can wire it straight to the battery terminal and have it run when the engine is off and the key is out.
Turnstyles
240sx Wannabe

Post by Turnstyles »

dang i shouldve did that, i wired it to the cigg wire, turn off when i take key out, but the 2nd fan is manual also via switch 8), this is temporary until i get a better set up or when i rewire it, the swicth has a fuse in it but ima run another one just in case
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by cleantune »

It looks like you pretty much figured everything out, but if not- a relay and fused manual switch setup may help with the electric fan situation; it would prevent the switch from overheating, prevent power fluctiations and the circuit will work independently of the accessory power.
For SALE !!! >>http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 44#p537044 <<

Buildthread: http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 46#p537046
instagram: @cleantune / @siks_tehn_racing