new here, just wanted to post up my build so far

Yup, post them single slammers here....
rustypos13
NooB

new here, just wanted to post up my build so far

Post by rustypos13 »

hey guys, im new to ka-t.org but have been creeping for years and im glad i finally joined. ill start with a quick rundown of my car/experience with the car. i have been modifying heavily for about a year and a half now and i think its about time to share it with the general public. i have a 1990 s13 with a ka24e single clam (obviously) and up until about january of this year i had redone the entire suspention and partly covered the braking system (ruca's, toe arms, traction links, all new oem control arms and ball joints, tein tie rods with spacer, energy suspension bushings, moog sway bar links, all new hard brake lines and SS brake soft line) and then my car started making this horrible banging noise about 9 months ago and discovered it was the engine mounts. at that point my engine bay and everything around it was falling apart so i decided to pull the engine and replace all the rot and nasty with new metal and make it look all pretty (not that anyone cared lol) so i started on what i had no idea was going to be a friggin sweet ass sohc-t build
rustypos13
NooB

Re: new here, just wanted to post up my build so far

Post by rustypos13 »

i need help on how to post pics up lol any takers
Ikera
240sx Wannabe

Post by Ikera »

If you have your pictures uploaded somewhere, you can post them like this

Code: Select all

[img]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w3/Ikera-/240sx/232fa3f2-740e-4f7b-8877-5de8a5cc26d9.jpg[/img]
if you don't have them uploaded you can try an "Upload Attachment" feature in the "Full Editor"
ImageImageImage
rustypos13
NooB

Post by rustypos13 »

i must be braindead, beacause i can't figure this **** out haha. where would i find full editor ?
Ikera wrote:If you have your pictures uploaded somewhere, you can post them like this

Code: Select all

[img]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w3/Ikera-/240sx/232fa3f2-740e-4f7b-8877-5de8a5cc26d9.jpg[/img]
if you don't have them uploaded you can try an "Upload Attachment" feature in the "Full Editor"
Ikera
240sx Wannabe

Post by Ikera »

right beside the "submit" button lol
or
if you click on "POSTREPLY" it will take you to the full editor, scroll down and you will see "upload attachment" tab
ImageImageImage
Turnstyles
240sx Wannabe

Post by Turnstyles »

i lurk here too, ill be keeping an eye out on this :mrgreen:
KA24E SOHC swaggin on haters
sil-coupe
240sx Wannabe

Post by sil-coupe »

Where are the pics!? I'm very interested in seeing this!
"Build it, have fun with it, break it, and rebuild it." Brian Parker
"Shiny fittings are for ricers, race cars have zip ties and hose clamps." Barton Black
rustypos13
NooB

Post by rustypos13 »

It keeps saying "the board attachment quota has been reached" and I can't figure out how the hell to upload pictures on here I swear I'm retarded or something lol
Ikera
240sx Wannabe

Post by Ikera »

okay it's possible that you can not make attachments because you're new user,
so you'll have to upload your images somewhere else (photobucket) and then post the images links here
good luck
ImageImageImage
sil-coupe
240sx Wannabe

Post by sil-coupe »

Just like Ikera said... Photobucket. Once the pics are uploaded they made it super easy... In the "links to share this photo" box, click the bar labeled image. It will automatically copy the whole link. From there all you have to do is paste the link here and all the coding is done for you.
"Build it, have fun with it, break it, and rebuild it." Brian Parker
"Shiny fittings are for ricers, race cars have zip ties and hose clamps." Barton Black
rustypos13
NooB

Post by rustypos13 »

sil-coupe wrote:Just like Ikera said... Photobucket. Once the pics are uploaded they made it super easy... In the "links to share this photo" box, click the bar labeled image. It will automatically copy the whole link. From there all you have to do is paste the link here and all the coding is done for you.
awhh man that is the tits!! lol alright so here we have the coupe before any modifications/repairs were done to the engine or bay, omg it was horrible, and it made the worst banging noise in history.

ImageImageImageImage

im gonna be updating this daily because im actually mostly done with the car, im just finishing up patching the quarter panels right now so stay tuned!!
Ikera
240sx Wannabe

Post by Ikera »

well I'm glad you got that sorted out, to be honest I had no faith in you :)
don't want to sound arrogant, but before you go any further have you seen the KA-T Pictures Forum Sub-Section
that's where most of the builds are posted, but I know some people chose to post there builds here. Anyway just wanted to draw your attention to it

here is a link
viewforum.php?f=40
ImageImageImage
Turnstyles
240sx Wannabe

Post by Turnstyles »

im doing a build also, wondering if youre just going to hone the cylinders or go .20? im debating on what i should do, and did anyone notice the price increase for ka24e pistons and rods lol
KA24E SOHC swaggin on haters
rustypos13
NooB

Post by rustypos13 »

Turnstyles wrote:im doing a build also, wondering if youre just going to hone the cylinders or go .20? im debating on what i should do, and did anyone notice the price increase for ka24e pistons and rods lol
i have a stock bore just honed at a machine shop in my town.