My build. Nissan AXXESS awd 5spd

Yup, post them single slammers here....
Sishinthin
Learners Permit

My build. Nissan AXXESS awd 5spd

Post by Sishinthin »

Building my van. Turboing with t25 and Nismotronic. Spec-v first gen wheels. Rebuilding a lot of it, wear components. Mostly sandblasting and putting POR15 on everything.
I guess I gotta take some pics.
p00t
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Re: My build. Nissan AXXESS awd 5spd

Post by p00t »

Always wanted to do this. Yes please take some pics!
Current Experiment: Project Twin-Charge 2022
Sishinthin
Learners Permit

Post by Sishinthin »

Hope these work.

Sishinthin
Learners Permit

Post by Sishinthin »

Well I'm doing it (...finally). These vans are my favorite nissan AND one of the only ways I know of to get a stickshift AWD nissan in the US with a heavy drivetrain (I don't wanna hear any BS about stanza vans, GT-r's, the one 4wd sentra wagon you saw once, or anything imported special). I'm going right to the dealer, and able to buy whatever for it.
I've worked a bit of everything across the board. The drivetrain is seriously heavy duty for it's stock horsepower and weight. I figure as long as I don't race it with 7 people inside, it outta hold up a while.

Let me warn you, this is a budget build daily driver. It's not going to be real pretty when it's done. It's also not going to be done, when it's done. I need it on the road way more than I need it shiny. The paint is POR15, which looks nice. But it's mostly there to protect the near-irreplaceable parts from Michigan salt. I plan to paint as much of the bottom and inside as I can.
This build will progress as quick as I can ( I need the garage space for the next build, I need something different to drive).
But.. I seem responsible for fixing mine and everyone's everything, forever. So... :eusa-think:

Help's helpful. Flame-matics aren't. But I do wanna hear feedback if I could.
shift_down
SuperMod

Post by shift_down »

I believe the ka-t Community have the ugliest builds I have ever seen. Don't get me wrong, we have pretty ones also, but most of us do not look for cosmetics before we make it fast. What I'm trying to say is, you won't see any flaming because your car is ugly, mine doesn't even have a front end on it!
Come at me bro

Fast
Reliable
Cheap;
You can only pick two, so choose wisely!

My build thread: viewtopic.php?t=57539
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Ahh looks don't get you anywhere. A decent paint job and your good. Kits are retarded in my book. Silvia fronts are ok but I'd rather spend my motor on performance.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
Sishinthin
Learners Permit

Post by Sishinthin »

All I'm doing to the motor is my typical seal-up. Put a new chain, guides, and fresh new front cover/oil pump to make sure the turbo is fed well. Oh, and I painted some things. Compression is good. Don't know how many miles are on it, looked like they put the motor in it from somewhere right before I bought it. No lifter tick.

I was looking around, does a qg18de turbo header work on these motors. Does anyone have one to measure? The ones I see set the turbo toward the trans to clear the accessories, I like that.
sil-coupe
240sx Wannabe

Post by sil-coupe »

Awesome! Can't wait to see more pics. What exhaust mani is that? If custom... Any details?
"Build it, have fun with it, break it, and rebuild it." Brian Parker
"Shiny fittings are for ricers, race cars have zip ties and hose clamps." Barton Black
Sishinthin
Learners Permit

Post by Sishinthin »

Yeah, the exhaust manifold is custom. Some guy made it, I got it off ebay years ago. It's kinda neat, too bad I have to hack it apart. I need the turbo mounting flange moved over, towards the trans.
That's why I was asking if anybody had measurements on a qg18de exhaust manifold. The bolt pattern looks the same, and I've found a couple nice ones for not much. If it works, everybody on here with a SOHC FWD can also benefit.
Sishinthin
Learners Permit

Post by Sishinthin »

What pics are requested?
sil-coupe
240sx Wannabe

Post by sil-coupe »

That's nuts! ...i had never heard that engine code before. Strange that they spaced the exhaust like that on a dual cam. Anyway the tuners look awfully close to fit a ka but I could be wrong. The bolt pattern does apear to be the same though. Good find, thanks!
found this while quickly searching the engine code... Sweet mani.
http://www.then16files.com/2012_05_01_archive.html?m=1
"Build it, have fun with it, break it, and rebuild it." Brian Parker
"Shiny fittings are for ricers, race cars have zip ties and hose clamps." Barton Black
Sishinthin
Learners Permit

Post by Sishinthin »

I read that build, but i didn't see where he said the headers' brand. That's the design I'd like to use based on turbo placement.
Turnstyles
240sx Wannabe

Post by Turnstyles »

nice!!!!!!!
KA24E SOHC swaggin on haters
Sishinthin
Learners Permit

Post by Sishinthin »

project on hold, wife bought a pathfinder
2hunglow1standhi
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 2hunglow1standhi »

Man! This is going to be good!
Saving KA24's... One at a time...
deaconwest
Learners Permit

Post by deaconwest »

Would an SR20DET from a Pulsar work with this AWD setup since they are also AWD?
erich
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by erich »

I just bought one of these last weekend as a beater/project car/24 hour of lemons racer. $650, has a little rust problem but I'll fix it. A friend as a old WRX turbo he'll give me for free so I think a little boost is in order later this winter,