Ka24e-t fmu, piggyback, or hacked maf?

Yup, post them single slammers here....
S13MN
NooB

Ka24e-t fmu, piggyback, or hacked maf?

Post by S13MN »

So there seems to be a lot of debate on what the best device for fuel control is. I'm going to be running 7psi on a Garrett gt28 and stock internals. Now the question is, what would be the best route to go for fuel control? Should I run an fmu w/ stock injectors, a hacked maf w/ 370cc injectors, or 370cc injectors with an apexi s-afc 2? I'm a noob to the boost scene so please bare with me
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Re: Ka24e-t fmu, piggyback, or hacked maf?

Post by cleantune »

Could probably get away with using an FMU with the correct ratio, but I would highly recommend something different like a Megasquirt ECU, JimWolfTechnology ECU, Nistune, or another standalone unit.

For SALE !!! >>http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 44#p537044 <<

Buildthread: http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 46#p537046
instagram: @cleantune / @siks_tehn_racing
Liteemup39496
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Liteemup39496 »

i ran for about 6-7 months on an 10:1(which is high) fmu while i saved for nistune. which in the end im gonna switch to nismotronic cause of the increased potential of it.

ive read 6:1 or 8:1 fmu would be better. im sure others will weigh in
'89 KAe-T Coupe - on the road to a goal of 400whp with A/C
'91 Hatch - VH45 powered, track duty
'05 Titan - I/H/E VK56 - Tow rig and Daily
Single Jingle love
s13xe240sx
Learners Permit

Post by s13xe240sx »

Honestly I would go with megasquirt pnp I ran an fmu for a while and wasnt a big fan, have nistune setup now, which is nice but I think the next build will me megasquirt pnp, easy no **** involved. I mean you still have to tune and all but even the nistune is limited in what all it can do.
deaconwest
Learners Permit

Post by deaconwest »

I would go with a JIM Wolf since you arent familiar much with Turbo this way you get a decent reliable tune however 7 PSI isnt a whole lot of boost so you should be fine with a basic tuned ECU and the other items you listed..
shftqikr
Learners Permit

Post by shftqikr »

New to the ka24e boost idea, but correct me if I'm wrong here. Stating an amount of boost you plan to run doesn't really help you determine how to tune what I think you may be after is matching air flow in cfm to the amount of fuel you can flow to support it. I do agree that the Jim Wolf idea is best, as that is what I plan on using, but even when ordering this Ben will ask for injector size compression ratio, maf type, and I do believe estimated air flow. I know small adjustments can be made with a piggyback, such as safc2, but most of these do not adjust timing along with air flow changes. I know the maf translator 2 has timing adjustment options, but not sure if it works on this engine platform. I know it's an old post, just seeing if I'm on the right path before I mess up something I'm not thinking about for my project