Looking for Help KA24e Going ka24et

Yup, post them single slammers here....
singlejingles13
Learners Permit

Looking for Help KA24e Going ka24et

Post by singlejingles13 »

OK, So this is my first time ever posting any topic in any forum. I dont Quite understand how this site works yet so forgive me if im just another annoying poster.

Here's some background information.
I bought a 1989 hatch about a year or so ago. Been driving it with the Ka24e stock the whole time to just get a feel for my car before attempting to do anything to it. It's a very nice and clean hatch, the motor that is in it right now 120k miles along with the chassis.

But last night i traded my xxr 522's to a buddy of mine who had a spare ka24e as well, I got it as a learning process and a side project to build for a daily driver with boost. I don't have knowledge on any of this and kind of feel lost when it comes to this, I read posts about other peoples builds but don't know if there build sheet meets what im aiming for. im only looking to get 250-300 horse power. I want to rebuild the engine regardless ( Just so i get familiar with my engine )
I don't drift, I'm just building my first project car and would like to do it right the first time as this car has sentimental value to me.

I work at Nissan, And i also work at jack in the box. So i'm not rich, but can throw money at it here and there.

I guess im here to ask the questions that ill probably get **** for, But i just need some in site.

TO PREP FOR BOOST:
What all forged internals would you guys go with. whats necessary, Whats not.

injectors?

Manifold i should go with?

Etc etc

BOOST:

any help on a turbo thats safe to reach around that hp range

And just some basic information how how boost works before i look into buying parts.
( keep in mind i'm not only relying on you guys for this , As im reading and trying to figure it out )

So thanks for welcoming another new guy to the site. Really hope someone can help me out with understanding this a little better.
Adrenalin
240sx Wannabe

Re: Looking for Help KA24e Going ka24et

Post by Adrenalin »

Hi mate. Not sure if you have read the turbo stickies yet but if not please do. These answer many questions you may have. And basically give you a recipe per hp goal. For your horsepower goals a freshly built engine with quality std. parts is adequate. Many people opt for forged internals to allow for future power. The factory rods are strong. Pretty sure there are hp figures on these on this forum if you search. Pistons are usually changed for forged units for 'medium' power goals. Again intake manifold can stay stock.
D21 Pickup in the build - Powered by hybrid KA-R
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60135
singlejingles13
Learners Permit

Thanks man, no i havent read it. I'm still new to figuring out how to search and what not. But in time ill figure it out ( when ever the hell i have time )

But ill look for it! I appreciate it. i just dont want to go half ass , get boost.
Have it fail somehat quick and have to redo the whole process. I would like for my first build to be reliable and clean.
Adrenalin
240sx Wannabe

Post by Adrenalin »

D21 Pickup in the build - Powered by hybrid KA-R
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60135
singlejingles13
Learners Permit

http://www.speedyracer.com/89-93-Nissan ... Turbo-Kit-

I have a single cam, and im not sure if this is for the dual.

Anyways, my question would now be once i have my spare engine ready for boost. being single cam and having harder time finding parts, should i go with a kit and have the manifold re welded and run low boost until i upgrade?
singlejingles13
Learners Permit

Adrenalin wrote:Hi mate. Not sure if you have read the turbo stickies yet but if not please do. These answer many questions you may have. And basically give you a recipe per hp goal. For your horsepower goals a freshly built engine with quality std. parts is adequate. Many people opt for forged internals to allow for future power. The factory rods are strong. Pretty sure there are hp figures on these on this forum if you search. Pistons are usually changed for forged units for 'medium' power goals. Again intake manifold can stay stock.

You say to use the stock manifold. This puzzles me, Im going to look it up right now but i thought you had to purchase a turbo manifold or do you just fab the stock one. I've been trying to look up on this as much as possible through out both jobs. Lol hopefully it dosent get me fired considering im slacking more now trying to comprehend this whole boost thing. I read on that garret basic turbo link, helpful!
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

singlejingles13 wrote:
Adrenalin wrote:Hi mate. Not sure if you have read the turbo stickies yet but if not please do. These answer many questions you may have. And basically give you a recipe per hp goal. For your horsepower goals a freshly built engine with quality std. parts is adequate. Many people opt for forged internals to allow for future power. The factory rods are strong. Pretty sure there are hp figures on these on this forum if you search. Pistons are usually changed for forged units for 'medium' power goals. Again intake manifold can stay stock.

You say to use the stock manifold. This puzzles me, Im going to look it up right now but i thought you had to purchase a turbo manifold or do you just fab the stock one. I've been trying to look up on this as much as possible through out both jobs. Lol hopefully it dosent get me fired considering im slacking more now trying to comprehend this whole boost thing. I read on that garret basic turbo link, helpful!
He said the stock intake manifold can be used. You'll need to buy an exhaust manifold for the turbo.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread