Where and what kind of turbo should I get?

Yup, post them single slammers here....
Noobydood
NooB

Where and what kind of turbo should I get?

Post by Noobydood »

I just picked up a 92 240sx and I wanted to turbo it. I was woundering what is a good brand and where can I get it from? I was thinking of a t4 probably.
adamky
SuperMod

Re: Where and what kind of turbo should I get?

Post by adamky »

You posted this in the SOHC secion which is for the single cam KA24E motor. You've got a 92 which means you have a DOHC dual cam KA24DE engine (unless someone swapped it to an SOHC). You didn't list any goals, intended use, budget, etc. Start here --> viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6263. There are also threads "stickied" at the top of every sub-forum. Read, read, read, and then read some more. Decide what you want to do with the car and then come back with some specific questions/expectations/budget/goals and any other info you can throw in there.

This is a great forum full of helpful people, but if you don't take the initiative to first learn the basics of what you are trying to accomplish, you're not going to be happy with the results.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread