Cop and fat redneck

Non-technical 240sx stuff in here.
Justin L
240sx Wannabe

Cop and fat redneck

Post by Justin L »

So i called up two of my friends today and decided i wanted to go out for my first day of drifting. we went to this open parking lot with right across the street from a neighborhood. since it wasn't wet it was really loud. i didn't plan on being there forever so i thought it wouldn't really matter. then like 7 or 8 rednecks started standing around and were parked on the side of the road and were just watching. one fat old one came and blocked the exit to the parking lot on his golf cart and wouldn't move. everytime i tried to get out he moved and said "you ain't goin no where." i was like DAMN cuz my parents said first ticket and i'm off the insurance and that means no more 240 :x . so then the cop came. he talked to the people for like 10 minutes and then told me to go a little bit down the road. the people left and he followed me. he got out and basically started laughing. he was like "i'm not even gonna give you a warning guys. just find a better place to do this at. i used to do this all the time in my 96' roush mustang when i was your age."

that crap had me so nervous cuz i just got my license and car like a month and a half ago. but he was really cool. just goes to show that all cops aren't assholes. so yea, my story for the day.
seanc
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by seanc »

one way to solve your problem: keep it at the track, legal and everyone accepts the risks of you behind the wheel learning a new technique.
Voltron
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by Voltron »

I am with seanc on this one. Damn if I did the same thing here in California, I would be seeing jail time.

Hella funny story though. Lucky you got a nice guy cop!
ispentallmymoneyontires
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by ispentallmymoneyontires »

"you ain't goin no where." <---lmao

i would have just parked taken my license plate off and said "really *laugh in his face* well um i took 2years of auto body class and this wont bother me any..." and rammed his pos outta my way or jumped a curb.
untill i get my final paint job or drop a load on suspension im gonna be like asian dukes of hazard lmao.

by the way ive done simmilar with my 89' dodge ramcharger but they decided to move...

edit...
welcome to florida mofos i frequently just get passed by cops when doing 15+over, cause they just dont give a hoot.
*morons like that piss me off and ill never back down to them. its just a kid in a parkinglot as far as anyone should be concerned there are WAY worse things you could be doing ...like heroin, or driving dui. +pts for cool cop.
There are many paths to Enlightenment: but no one said they can't be taken sideways.
89'hatch rustolum black/96'motor s13 new trans/OBD1 convert/F1 flywheel/DSS steel driveshaft/headers, testpipe, egay N1dual/ JGS poly engine, tranny/ Cory's Coil mod

RIP 480sx
240luvr
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by 240luvr »

Alright, keep it at the track...yes... but at the same time, at least you picked a completely empty parking lot. I mean, c'mon guys, he could've been out there trying to slide corners on back roads, slide off the road and clip a kid playing in his yard. I mean, there are much much worse things he could've been doing, even in his car.

'91 Hatch, White LE... Fully Built, KA24DET - 375whp-DynoDynamics
ispentallmymoneyontires
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by ispentallmymoneyontires »

no to a degree i say even f- the the track just because its not persay "legal" doesnt mean you cant be responsible and safe on the road way do it late un populated areas and sh*t we pay taxes too i should be able to use the roads how i want to as well.
There are many paths to Enlightenment: but no one said they can't be taken sideways.
89'hatch rustolum black/96'motor s13 new trans/OBD1 convert/F1 flywheel/DSS steel driveshaft/headers, testpipe, egay N1dual/ JGS poly engine, tranny/ Cory's Coil mod

RIP 480sx
Justin L
240sx Wannabe

Post by Justin L »

seanc wrote:one way to solve your problem: keep it at the track, legal and everyone accepts the risks of you behind the wheel learning a new technique.
if you build it, he will come. correction- if the people of Charlotte, NC or any other town nearby will build a track somewhere in the area then it would get use. until then we have nothing to practice some new technique. gahh i really wish they would build a track around here. all we have is a strip in mooresville and that's it. oh yea the cop was talking about that. he thought it would be cool if they built a track too.
vrmilionzx
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by vrmilionzx »

i have two things to say -
1) yes, i agree, the track is a good place for this, but i would be a hypocrite if i said i never do stuff like that. just be careful.
2) like ispentallmymoneyontires said, take off the plates, really slowly back up to his golf cart, and push that sucker out of the way. i am sure that would leave an impression on him. then you could bathe them in tiresmoke, too. i hate people that do stuff like that.
arias pistons (8.8:1), pauter rods,
cometic headgasket
garrett t3/4 50 trim
mild p&p, pdm cams, 3" turbo back,
jwt flywheel and ecu, clutch specialties clutch
740cc injectors, ebay fmic,
elec fans, msd, stock vlsd, z32 brakes and mafs, safc2, hks evc 4, Koyo Radiator, protective layer of dirt.
-"stock" s13 dd - Project MPG
Trippen
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Trippen »

OK So as an old man pushing 40 and gaining speed and agreeing with the cop on this....IF he couldn't afford to be off the parents policy then who says he could afford the track fees and the extra insurance(if your really doing it Legal since reg auto insurance in most states does not cover "racing" Defined as any event on a track)...So After the new insurance the track fees the helmet the safety inspections and repairs for going on the track....Do you really think he would have his 240???? So I say be carefully do it in a safe area and be prepared to pay the consequences..... Have fun stay safe and be careful
Trippen-
-Boost is like a bad habit the more you do it the more you want it.-

89 240sx se Hatch-NA RS*R race springs w/AGX's
92 240sx se Convertible-(Wifes Car) NA , Tanabe Coilovers..
95 240sx se KA-T Borded .20 over JWT ECU, Z32 MAF, Arias Pistons, Eagle Rods, 50 trim T3/T4 turbo, 50lb MSD, J30 LSD, Custom Drive shaft,D21 flywheel,PLX-R500 and TurboXS Knock lite. 275.5 tq 246hp @14psi