That Tokyo Drift movie comin out friday....?

Non-technical 240sx stuff in here.
southjrz240
KA-T.org Featured Ride
KA-T.org Featured Ride

That Tokyo Drift movie comin out friday....?

Post by southjrz240 »

i'm lookin forward to seein it but i hope i don't get dissapointed. anyone hear if it's goin to be good/bad? now that we look back at the previous fast and furious movies they were all jokes, but at the time i was like 15 and thought those black civics were the fastest cars ever. hopefully this one is good. i mean i am expecting the typical love story/life or death race at the end, or whatever.
http://www.ka-t.org/cain.htm
91 Hatch KA-T with the help of TURBO240
mach5camaroSS
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by mach5camaroSS »

i hope lots of people go around here so i have a better chance of selling my car LOL, but ill go
240luvr
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by 240luvr »

I'll see it just so I can say I saw it. I really don't expect much. I expect to see bogus driving stunts that could never happen in real life (2F2F: bridge jump, and jump to boat). I still will see it though, I'm sure it will be some decent entertainment...whether it's me laughing or enjoying it.

'91 Hatch, White LE... Fully Built, KA24DET - 375whp-DynoDynamics
Java
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Java »

Myself and a few others are going to see it. We dont expect it to be anything too good, more or less just wanna see the cheezy acting/one liners and those impossible drifts through traffic in reverse at 90+ mph :lol: :lol: with the ocassional good parts. I guess well see how it is once it comes out eh? :D
240'less, I may have lost the battle but the war is not over yet!
Cobra723
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Cobra723 »

my gonna see it as well. but i hope everyone of guys know that u might be dissappointed. thats y i dont have high hopes for the movie. though i was kinda dissappointed with x3. i expected to be much better.
1991 Nissan 240sx - awaiting 1jz install
1996 Toyota Supra TT - (1 of 27)http://www.cardomain.com/id/cobra723
Stay KA

Post by Stay KA »

Cobra723 wrote:though i was kinda dissappointed with x3. i expected to be much better.
Yea that movie sucked cock man...ONE FIGHTING SCENE!!!!!! ***** waste of my 7$
-Richard

Initial Daniel

Post by Initial Daniel »

Well, I used to own an integra...and my old forum, I still visit--they're boycotting F&F3. Lol. I'm still going to watch the movie, it looks like it could be interesting.
biggie

Post by biggie »

Its gonna suck, but we are getting a large group to go watch it and laugh at all the ricers in the parking lot. That part should be the biggest entertainment.
'93 Coupe GT32e/'93 Vert/'03 G35C

Always Broke!!!
Stay KA

Post by Stay KA »

biggie wrote:Its gonna suck, but we are getting a large group to go watch it and laugh at all the ricers in the parking lot. That part should be the biggest entertainment.
Be careful true ricers do copy everything they see on Fast and the Furioso. Better belive one of them has a gun to look "cool" :lol:
-Richard

lov2xlr8
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by lov2xlr8 »

Stay KA wrote:
Cobra723 wrote:though i was kinda dissappointed with x3. i expected to be much better.
Yea that movie sucked cock man...ONE FIGHTING SCENE!!!!!! ***** waste of my 7$
s#it, i wasted $9.50 x 2, me and a chick that i never saw again.... :lol:

back on topic, yeah i'll go check it out this friday
not only the movie, but im sure i'll find something sweet on the parking lots (plus the ocasional laugh at a ricer)

but i wish they can mute the actors and just leave the cars sound cause theyr gonna talk a lot of crap....
Initial Daniel

Post by Initial Daniel »

The movies are entertaining, I like them. I don't like what they promote or anything, but the action shots are fun to watch, and the technical errors that you see through the movie is what I usually look out for.
ispentallmymoneyontires
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by ispentallmymoneyontires »

i do have to give f&f props for durring the ramp onto the boat scene for making the guys all messed up after the landing most movies dont show that.
There are many paths to Enlightenment: but no one said they can't be taken sideways.
89'hatch rustolum black/96'motor s13 new trans/OBD1 convert/F1 flywheel/DSS steel driveshaft/headers, testpipe, egay N1dual/ JGS poly engine, tranny/ Cory's Coil mod

RIP 480sx
slow180sx

Post by slow180sx »

I really really DONT want to see this movie..but I'll probably end up going to it anyways
nazstang

Post by nazstang »

slow180sx wrote:I really really DONT want to see this movie..but I'll probably end up going to it anyways
i think that speaks for most of us, any movies with cars in it is like a light to a bug... we just get sucked in
-Nissan stanza ( KA-T)
-Nissan stanza (65 shot N.O.S.)
-94 Cobra (modded)
- 88 Mustang LX (modded so much, not street legal)
- Suzuki gsxr1000 (modded)
- Craftsman 22" 6.75 hp mower (modded :) )
s-x addict

Post by s-x addict »

slow180sx wrote:I really really DONT want to see this movie..but I'll probably end up going to it anyways
I feel exactly the same. I fear my curiousity is going to get the best of me. I think the deal I made with my wife is we'll only see it if its a matinee and I have nothing else going on.
Cobra723
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Cobra723 »

some1 from my local forums saw the movie and said it was pretty good compared to the other 2. and that bow wow didnt have much of a part.(thank god)
1991 Nissan 240sx - awaiting 1jz install
1996 Toyota Supra TT - (1 of 27)http://www.cardomain.com/id/cobra723
kornaz
Learners Permit

Post by kornaz »

Another crap movie. Too much computer generated scenes. It will suck. As the 2 before ruined scene for real tunners, this one is going to ruin drift scene. All them ricers will buy rwd cars, and slide around the street corners, or at least try doing that. I will just go and see what kind of BS they made this time. I agree as one guy said above, laugh at the parking lot full of rice. :D And i mean full, 'cause i am going to the drive-in theater!! :D
Initial Daniel

Post by Initial Daniel »

Actually, a lot of the scenes were done by real respected drifters. I thought that scene where the 350z drifted up the parking garage was BS, and they put it on a rail or something, but it turns out that Rhys Millen actually did that one in 1 take. Surprise, surprise!
Justin L
240sx Wannabe

Post by Justin L »

Initial Daniel wrote:Actually, a lot of the scenes were done by real respected drifters. I thought that scene where the 350z drifted up the parking garage was BS, and they put it on a rail or something, but it turns out that Rhys Millen actually did that one in 1 take. Surprise, surprise!
If that's true then that's crazy cuz he barely fit. that would be crazy to see. BUT i mean he's ok i guess. it's not like he's good or anything. :wink:
halftherotatingmasska

Post by halftherotatingmasska »

you know the worst part is that I remember that ricey eclipse in the second one driving like 40mph into a gas station and most definately slamming his chassis/exhaust on the dip in the pavement!! haha