Engine building on an entirely new level ( WOW )

Non-technical 240sx stuff in here.
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

i would rather be different with costs in mind. If i ever get a v8 in would have to be a vh, vk or 1uz.

Or you can be WAY different and get a tb48.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
kjones
240sx Wannabe

Post by kjones »

out
Last edited by kjones on Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

TinyT wrote:i knew this thread would go to **** when someone said, drrr just get a v8.
lol yea i said it so what?? if you could have sold your ka you would went with a v8.

but i took the v8 out of my car and went back to the ka :wink:

but i want to see somebody go way out of their way with are motors than an over rated mitsu.
TanManS14
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TanManS14 »

kjones wrote:Sorry - did mean for that - It's just that major buck engines have never been something that turns me on - I'm more turned on my innovation and ingenuity over no expense spared kinda stuff
LOL, so you're saying what they did isnt innovative? lmfao, if that's not innovation idk wtf is. Slapping some motor in a car it didnt come in is not innovative or original. Any guy with some common sense and mechanical ability can do that. What these guys do is the absolute pinnacle of automotive knowledge, what we should all aspire to and what i would love to one day have the ability to do. To create a motor from scratch like that is just insane.
supakat wrote:but getting a v8 is joining the masses and conforming to the norm. Some people like to think out the box which costs more money. Just like eating healthy, it cost more than eating the dollar menu at bk.
Sorry buddy, but you have a 240sx, we've long surpassed joining the masses. The 240sx is a fan boy car if you add up the amount of owners that suck total chode. Because you run away from the norm dosnt make you original if its for no REASON. A gothic kid is a ***, because he is a slave to the norm, whatever is "normal" he now must do the opposite, he is a slave to any normal action, as are those that try to run from norms that have justifiable reasons. An individual does not run from the reasonable, but the unreasonable. A 240sx is a great chassis, and whatever your mind decides is the most cost effective/reliable way to make power/ achieve your goal is the proper path. Not going through useless effort to try and stand out and be "original". :roll:
It's always broken.
kjones
240sx Wannabe

Post by kjones »

out
Last edited by kjones on Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
TanManS14

Post by TanManS14 »

I totally didnt wanna get flamed, thanks for sparing me the embarrassment.

Yes they BUILT an engine. They DESIGNED the block, FROM SCRATCH... its not like that motor is just a replica of a 4g63, they had to design the entire thing, every coolant passage, every tap. Maybe you should shoot them an email, and be all "ya know you could make lots moar power with more cylinders!!". And they'd be all, FOR REALLLLLZZZZZZ?!?! You think these guys get boners from throwing another motor into a car it didnt come in? Sh*t wouldnt even make their cock twitch. The whole point is creation, and pushing the boundaries as far as possible. The whole point is the design, and bringing their own version of it into creation. Not ******ng engine swap.com.

Aww no, you're leaving this thread??? Please dont go, im going to miss your input. Pleassse nooooooooooooooooo!!

Ps. Im sorry for cluttering such a good thread. But im just flabbergasted that people are trying to de- validate the greatness of what they have done.
It's always broken.
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

TanManS14 wrote:I totally didnt wanna get flamed, thanks for sparing me the embarrassment.

Yes they BUILT an engine. They DESIGNED the block, FROM SCRATCH... its not like that motor is just a replica of a 4g63, they had to design the entire thing, every coolant passage, every tap. Maybe you should shoot them an email, and be all "ya know you could make lots moar power with more cylinders!!". And they'd be all, FOR REALLLLLZZZZZZ?!?! You think these guys get boners from throwing another motor into a car it didnt come in? Sh*t wouldnt even make their cock twitch. The whole point is creation, and pushing the boundaries as far as possible. The whole point is the design, and bringing their own version of it into creation. Not *****ng engine swap.com.

Aww no, you're leaving this thread??? Please dont go, im going to miss your input. Pleassse nooooooooooooooooo!!

Ps. Im sorry for cluttering such a good thread. But im just flabbergasted that people are trying to de- validate the greatness of what they have done.
no, your post is completely necessary. thank you for saying it so i didnt have to spend so much time typing it out. i have realized though that not many people can appreciate these kinds of builders and can do nothing but find something to say negative about it. im so sick of people swinging their nuts around sayin yaaaa I did this, I coulda done that. well guess what, none of you have.

jmcc- just because I didnt sell my motor on ka-t after having it listed for a month doesnt mean ****, and means nothing to this topic.

kjones- your clueless. ever realize that these are ENGINE BUILDERS? they are asked by people to build them motors. should they just say, ahh hell, just throw a proline 670ci motor in there with twin promod 94's and make 4000 hp. ya it will weigh a ton and your chassis wont be able to handle the physical size of it, but who cares, thats what you should do.

this is hilarious
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

SOOOO WEAKKK

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-dyno-t ... 007-a.html

how should they make 2000 hp more efficiently? Id like to know. please enlighten me. they are building motors for evos and sti's mainly. you cant just shoehorn a big block with two turbos in there. these are stock chassis cars, with stock firewalls, that make gobbs of power and get down with it. grace us with your suggestions or "flame us" like you said you didnt want to know

and they arent innovators? they machine their own quad bearing center sections and titanium wheels that are capable of tons of psi. you cant get that off the shelf, which means one thing. INNOVATION.

the funny thing is, wether you think what they are doing is right or wrong. They are still doing it, they are making lots of money, and they know they are better than everyone. /end showing you why you fail
TanManS14

Post by TanManS14 »

Lol im SO glad you're as pissed off at this as i am. Its too bad he said it was his last post, or else we'd be fuc*ing served. F to da A'd son. I dont mean to bring this to name calling. But dude is just a strait ***. All postin in jackassnissan's thread like,
kjones wrote:Just got done viewing all the pics -

Did you make templates for your patches? If you make a template of the entire patch out of cardboard, you can then cut your perfectly fitting metal piece, tack a small handle on it, then hold it in place and tack a few corners, then continue to seam weld it, once done grind it down and you have a perfect patch...

I saw you made multiple pieces for your patches so I thought I'd give you a little pointer
I hate you so much. Reallly, for realz bro, cardboard, OMG who ever thought of that man. NOW THAT'S INNOVATIVE DOG, that's fab skills, a cardboard template man, that's prolly how they made that motor man. Its that easy, you just take a bunch of cardboard and cut that **** out, get some scotch tape, then take your chizel and blam, built 4g. This is prolly going to far but who cares.lol, i wanna bait a response.
It's always broken.
kjones
240sx Wannabe

Post by kjones »

out
Last edited by kjones on Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

lol. I could go on with this for days.

billet 4g63 blocks have been done thousands of times? motors with titanium rods and cranks have been done thousands of times? should they run off the shelf parts that arent capable of sustaining the power that their customers ask for just so its not "ridiculous"

seems to me like your an old man that doesnt quite get this, which is fine, so just save yourself the effort and stop trying to show us whats right in your world.

and what does your last statement mean? actually, no. I dont care. you truly dont know what your talking about. stick with your resto-mods big guy
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

kjones wrote:Sorry - did mean for that - It's just that major buck engines have never been something that turns me on - I'm more turned on my innovation and ingenuity over no expense spared kinda stuff
im turned on by hot bitches. but im curious as to what kind of innovation and ingenuity gets your rocks off?
kjones
240sx Wannabe

Post by kjones »

out
Last edited by kjones on Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

when did I ever use a word implying "hate"

yeesh your sensitive.

why should this stop? im still looking for an answer as to what would have been a better route for these cars that these guys supply engines for.

and Im not turned on by bling, I personally see a custom billet 16valve block every few weeks that was machined on a manual bridgeport in a 400sq foot garage, flawlessly, in a mk1 cabriolet with more "bling" parts than you can fathom, and it does nothing for me, because it makes no power.

how is the extreme tuners block just bling? it was built to sustain 2000hp!

I could defend my experience in my short 21 years, but anyone that matters to me doesnt question it :wink:
kjones
240sx Wannabe

Post by kjones »

out
Last edited by kjones on Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

are you gonna build a 100,000 dollar motor anytime soon? hahahahaha. im not the one asking if a stock headgasket on a KA will withstand 14 psi on a small turbo. if I had 35+ years of such hardcore experience I could put two and two together.

of course im learning, but at 21 im learning by building a 3/4 tube chassis s13 along with every other component, by myself. Im here because this is a forum for a 4 cylinder engine. when people disagree with the extreme building of a similar 4 cylinder engine, I tend to question as to why. not that outlandish of an idea.

With that said, I dont wish to have a technical conversation with you in the future, your opinions are strange and irrational, and you dont offer anything for me in the area I wish to learn about. best of luck with your future ventures.
kjones
240sx Wannabe

Post by kjones »

out
Last edited by kjones on Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
TanManS14

Post by TanManS14 »

LOL, this is awesome. Im sorry if my strong words of hatred pieced your placid vagina and injured your self confidence. You may never be able to date a man again, and for this i am truly sorry.

That's the typical assertion, that a shear accumulation of years= knowledge. Just like public school teachers, they been doin it for a long time, they must've learned something! :roll: . You're the muscle car guy that you talk to at the track, and when asserting facts he contradicts you, and says "look bud, i've been doin this for a long time, i think i know what im talking about"... Rather than back it up with facts, he backs it up with accumulation.

You say its not "practical" to build an engine like that. That you've gotta be more "economical" in "times like these". The question is, practical to WHOM? Maybe not you, but obviously these guys, who have the money to do what most of us would kill to obtain the knowledge and be able to utilize these skills. I say most of us because you seem to express no desire for such engineering. You may look at it as wasteful, but their money is not yours, and to all of us out there, it gives us something to look up to, a standard, and to try to cut that down, and act like these guys are fools is just barbaric.

Ps. At no point in this conversation did either me or tiny try to assert any technical ability of ours, only to point out the greatness of the man/ men who created this motor, the greatness that you seek to cut down.
It's always broken.
kjones
240sx Wannabe

Post by kjones »

TanMan - those are some really idiotic comments - not even worth a reply

Your signature says it all - It's always broken

Go ahead and find a practical use for that motor - I did some more reading on it...

I still say why?! For a fraction of the cost it's been done over and over and over - maybe not a 4 cylinder but people make claims all the time and if it takes $100 grand to get 2000hp out of a 4 cylinder motor - I'll say it again - ridiculous!

If for some reason you have some need for 2000hp (good luck finding a practical need) and it costs you $100 grand to get it out of 4 cylinders - I'd say you picked the wrong platform!
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

i just don't like how this came to a name calling match etc. People have their opinions and thoughts which makes us all different. But just because one person says something, it should not boil down to this. We should be able to debate or converse without the name calling or harsh words. Yes, some thoughts are impractical and comments are retarded but there is no reason to have a yelling match.

I know sometimes people say the darnest things and your like WTF! But lets cool it down and chill. Many threads across all forums get tainted with these kind of actions.

Back to the subject, if someone says they think this build is retarded or a waste of time, that is their thought. It is similar to when parents say your wasting all your money into a car for what, for it to get stolen. They will never understand this.

The build is sick and if you have the money and resources, do it. I love being the underdog. People say it can't be done but then you show up with your built motor whoopin' everything on the street.

Yes, the cost is high but they have their goals and they know what needs to be done in order to achieve those goals. If I had the skills, money, and time to do this, I would. They are sick next to the Australians.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

wow i guess i missed alot.

now tiny yea it does cause if you could have sold the motor you would have went with a v8. why? we all know why. cheap power.

now they learned how to do this stuff just like every body else learns how to do something trial and error and a **** load of money.

but a lot of stuff they are doing is somthing that some body else already did.
and they just apply it to their motors.

if you really wana know who can really make motors look at f1 they have built some of the most bad ass motor time and time again. since the 70's they are just copying every thing they have already done.

so yea its awsome what they are doing but will never be compaired to f1 motor's
that still make the highest hp per cu.in till this day and f1 motors last a hell of a lot longer than theirs.
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

what is it i can't get pic's wile im at work.
Kfred

Post by Kfred »

Jmcc wrote:what is it i can't get pic's wile im at work.
Jesus facepalm motivational poster.

I wonder how much power this engine will be capable of with more boost and higher revs. 1500whp is impressive, but not mind boggling. I'm sure this motor is capable of much more. I'd like to see it pushed further.

I'm sure they can find the limit of race gas (Q16) and the bottom end will still be happy.
RIP Nate(480sx)...
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

Kfred wrote:
Jmcc wrote:what is it i can't get pic's wile im at work.
Jesus facepalm motivational poster.

I wonder how much power this engine will be capable of with more boost and higher revs. 1500whp is impressive, but not mind boggling. I'm sure this motor is capable of much more. I'd like to see it pushed further.

I'm sure they can find the limit of race gas (Q16) and the bottom end will still be happy.
arent they running methanol? I know on some of their motors they do because they are up around 13.1 compression
Kfred

Post by Kfred »

^ Just went look and they are using meth. I didn't see they were running 13:1 pistons my first look through.

I want to see a high boost dyno, 47psi is weak on that setup.
RIP Nate(480sx)...
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

Kfred wrote:^ Just went look and they are using meth. I didn't see they were running 13:1 pistons my first look through.

I want to see a high boost dyno, 47psi is weak on that setup.
very true considering they make quad bearing ti wheel turbos that are capable of 100psi :D
kjones
240sx Wannabe

Post by kjones »

Jmcc wrote:wow i guess i missed alot.

now tiny yea it does cause if you could have sold the motor you would have went with a v8. why? we all know why. cheap power.

now they learned how to do this stuff just like every body else learns how to do something trial and error and a **** load of money.

but a lot of stuff they are doing is somthing that some body else already did.
and they just apply it to their motors.

if you really wana know who can really make motors look at f1 they have built some of the most bad ass motor time and time again. since the 70's they are just copying every thing they have already done.

so yea its awsome what they are doing but will never be compaired to f1 motor's
that still make the highest hp per cu.in till this day and f1 motors last a hell of a lot longer than theirs.
Yep - my point all along has been that this isn't really anything new. Sure some of the stuff they've done on an unlimited budget is kinda interesting, but the whole premise "to pursue the most power out of a 4 cylinder" and BTW at any cost - to what end?

Look at it for what is - an exercise with a goal that seems kinda cool, but when you boil it down it's just some guys similar to all of us, but the difference being a different pocketbook...

If you gave many good engineers the same resources and tooling, they'd accomplish similar results
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

kjones you have a point.

but the one thing that catches my eye on those guys are the turbo's.
i have never seen any body make their own turbine wheels and out of titanium. and the quad bearing and so on.
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

kjones- I was so happy you stopped posting in here. you continue to make posts that make it seem like you could do this if you had the money, but you couldnt, nor could some off the shelf engineer. just be done.

the part that annoys me with your posts is that your denying credit because you think that anyone could do this. not a person on this board could do what they did on their own if they hit the lottery tomorrow.