Water in engine?

Non-technical 240sx stuff in here.
s13240sx
NooB

Water in engine?

Post by s13240sx »

It wouldn't let me post this in the tech section so I am going to put it here. Sorry about this but I really need some advice..
I am currently working on my wife's 91 240 and I am having some major trouble.
It blew a head gasket about a month ago and I replaced the head gasket with new head bolts, resurfaced, and all new gaskets. I also torqued the bolts to proper spec.
Since then I am having some major problems.....
I am getting water in my engine block but no oil in the water. The motor has compression on all cylinders, and when I removed the Intake mani to check and see if it was properly sealed with the gasket it was dry and looked as though it was sealed.
I found milky oil in the throttle body and it was getting on the plugs.
It has a brand new head gasket, and the intake mani was properly sealed. so my questions is what else could be causing the water to get into the engine.
Walperstyle
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Walperstyle »

"I am getting water in the engine block" ...where?

If you have a factory service manual (download at 240sxtechdvds.org) you will realize there is coolant that goes through your intake, and perhaps the intake gasket is not sealed properly causing it to be injected directly into the engine.

This however makes no sense as if it was in your pistons, it would make its way past your rings to the oil pan eventually.
s13240sx
NooB

Post by s13240sx »

Walperstyle wrote:"I am getting water in the engine block" ...where?

If you have a factory service manual (download at 240sxtechdvds.org) you will realize there is coolant that goes through your intake, and perhaps the intake gasket is not sealed properly causing it to be injected directly into the engine.

This however makes no sense as if it was in your pistons, it would make its way past your rings to the oil pan eventually.
I do know that there is a water jacket in the intake manifold, what I said above was that it was sealed properly so there is no way that water is getting past the intake gasket....

I meant to say that the water is mixing with the oil but the oil is not mixing with the cooling system.. So yes there is water in the oil pan.
And the compression test I done was to spec, and I have all new parts for a head gasket replacement and they were also torqued to spec. as well as the intake manifold gasket.

Basically what I am asking is is there any other way other than the Intake manifold gasket or the Head Gasket that water could be mixing with the oil in the engine.... ?
s13grady
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by s13grady »

What caused the headgasket to give out. Overheat, mileage?
You could be dealing with a cracked head or some sore of flaw in seal/gasket that could have occurred during reassembly. I would thoroughly check every hose to ensure they are connected properly(especially at the pcv, thermo housing).
92 s13 ka24det sc61 project.
street trim sleeper
Walperstyle

Post by Walperstyle »

cracked block maybe
outlaw09
240sx Wannabe

Post by outlaw09 »

have you inspected your front cover if your timing chain wasn't done on time the chain will eat guides and eventually the cover too
beercandrifter

Post by beercandrifter »

outlaw09 wrote:have you inspected your front cover if your timing chain wasn't done on time the chain will eat guides and eventually the cover too
+1
thats how my original ka ended up.
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring