New 2013 Viper unveiled! (For those who care! lol)

Non-technical 240sx stuff in here.
240sxfan6882
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

New 2013 Viper unveiled! (For those who care! lol)

Post by 240sxfan6882 »

Just under 3200 pounds and 600 pounds of torque!!

http://www.freep.com/article/C4/2012040 ... y=nav|head
Walperstyle
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Walperstyle »

Not much has changed. I bet my stock 240 is still faster in the corner.
500hpKA240sx
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 500hpKA240sx »

i love the older late 90's viper body style the new ones are blah....BUT seeing those Ferrari had there hands on this one I can dig it!. by buddy is a viper freak and sent me a pic this morning. huge fcukin motor 8.7L v10 the pistons must be 6inches across lol
viewtopic.php?t=53160&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Paul Walker- 1973-2013 Race In Paradise. you will be forever missed
Walperstyle

Post by Walperstyle »

Its still an old engine design. If that V10 had variable valve timing, Imagine the possibilities.
beercandrifter

Post by beercandrifter »

think the new one looks better than the last model they had out. but this is awesome news, I am glad to see chrysler get back in the game with their prized supercar. Its nice to see them bringing business back to michigan as well.
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
car6on14
240sx Wannabe

Post by car6on14 »

will be interested to see how it stacks up against the ZR1
92 Coupe - forged internals - stage 2 cams / ss valves
Aem Series 1 - Billet 50 Trim - ram style manifold- Aero 340
Hydro Ebrake - JSK coilovers - ISIS Rucas - Hicas rack - Ksport BBK
nissanfanatic
SuperMod

Post by nissanfanatic »

Walperstyle wrote:Not much has changed. I bet my stock 240 is still faster in the corner.
I have access to tons of datalogs from ACR vipers on track so we can compare if you want. I don't think you have much of a chance though if your car is stock as you say.
-Cory

2020 Subaru WRX
A long time ago...
https://www.ka-t.org/cory_b.php
Use Linux...
Walperstyle

Post by Walperstyle »

lol I was mostly joking. The only experience I've had is in the Mountains with a mid 2000's Viper. I think the driver was not skilled.

...either way, he lost me in the straight away when I got stuck behind some trucks.
nissanfanatic
SuperMod

Post by nissanfanatic »

Yea it is pretty rare to see a properly driven viper. But then again, most people that can drive well see that a viper is kind of an expensive car to possibly wreck, so they track something cheaper and faster. The cars are dead nuts reliable though... The only thing I would change if I bought one would be the water pump in the early year cars and then I would add a quaife.

What I don't like about them is how big they are. If you ever get a chance, sit in one and take note of how large it feels. I felt like I needed markers on each corner of the car when I rode in one. Also, tires are absolutely ridiculous in viper-esque sizes.

If you run 17x9s with 255 star specs or RS3s, Koni yellows with a decently stiff lowering spring like RSR, and add some camber you probably would be faster than any viper that isn't on R comps, doesn't have the ACR aero package, or isn't being really well driven.
-Cory

2020 Subaru WRX
A long time ago...
Use Linux...
Walperstyle

Post by Walperstyle »

If you run 17x9s with 255 star specs or RS3s, Koni yellows with a decently stiff lowering spring like RSR, and add some camber you probably would be faster than any viper that isn't on R comps, doesn't have the ACR aero package, or isn't being really well driven.
on my s13 I have Stance GR Pro SSD coilovers, and a full set of suspension arms, rear sway bar, Falken Azenis. ..but until my engine is done, she's still an automatic. I just know her very well. 17x8 Nismo LMGT4 wheels.

With the vipers I've driven in the past, I felt that the only thing they had going for suspension was the fat tires, lol. If I owned one, I'd be scared to punch her in the corner. ...they have torque.
1993ka24det
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by 1993ka24det »

-------------------Dodge..........................................Chevy
Engine Design............from a v10 1980s truck..................New design just for the vette
gas mileage....................8mpg............................................26mpg
Size.................................8.3 liter........................................7 liter
HP...................................510hp...........................................505hp
eng can fit......................in about 5 cars............................about anything
When Cornered, What G's Can You Pull
nissanfanatic
SuperMod

Post by nissanfanatic »

1993ka24det wrote:-------------------Dodge..........................................Chevy
Engine Design............from a v10 1980s truck..................New design just for the vette
gas mileage....................8mpg............................................26mpg
Size.................................8.3 liter........................................7 liter
HP...................................510hp...........................................505hp
eng can fit......................in about 5 cars............................about anything
---------------------------Dodge...............................Chevy
randomly breaks.........................no.....................................yes
-Cory

2020 Subaru WRX
A long time ago...
Use Linux...