sentra qualify for a lemon?

Non-technical 240sx stuff in here.
beercandrifter
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

sentra qualify for a lemon?

Post by beercandrifter »

so my wife and I purchased a '13 sentra a couple of months ago, new. it has about 8000 miles on it now. I noticed it since about 1000 miles (when I started to drive it) that there is a loud ticking that occurs any time you transition from idle/cruise. I took it to the dealer and they tell me that it is just standard injector noise (the lead tech says all of the models from 2011 up are like this, that they use high performance injectors) and they refused to do anything about it because they claim there is nothing abnormal about the noise. I can hear the fuel injectors over the radio (where the radio hurts my ears loud).

We traded in our '07 versa with 160k miles and that car had no noisy injectors or valve train noise, even at 160k. This new car sounds like a deisel truck.

was wondering if this could be classified as a lemon or not, it is extremely unpleasent to drive with this noise every time I shift and am in cruise. I am constantly wondering if something in the engine is going to go and that is saying alot from someone who drives 240's with all their valve train noise.

I was considering taking it to another dealer (like the hyundai dealer down the street from my work) to have them give an assessment that they are bad and get it in writing.

any suggestions?
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring