what do you think ? sohc tubular manifold

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
200sxBoY
Dreams of owning a 240!

what do you think ? sohc tubular manifold

Post by 200sxBoY »

made it myself and now i only need to weld the collector on
it's a tight fit with the MC but i does fit , however this is a S12 chassis
what do you guys think about design etc etc ?
Matt89
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Matt89 »

Sa va pas frapper ton BMC?
dopeassjackson
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by dopeassjackson »

that might be to close to the brake MC with stock mounts. looks good lest see it finished.
rebuilt KA24E, port and polish, secondaries removed, stage3 clutch, fidanza flywheel, JGS MM, 3inch cat back with high flow cat, cherry bomb vortex muffler, B&M short shifter,ST sways,nismo brase
KA24ET RB20 turbo, 460cc
Miami240
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by Miami240 »

You should have started with a collector and turbo flange because it looks like there not going to be enough space to bolt a turbo on. It also looks like you must have used a MIG welder because you ground off your welds but that was a bad move.
12508 SW 117 Ct.
Miami, FL 33186
Ph: (305) 251-1995
efeezi

Post by efeezi »

Yep ground welds on a exhaust manifold is a no no. Im also curious what your gonna do about the collector and turbo placement.
300zx single turbo
715rwhp GT42
200sxBoY
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 200sxBoY »

actually the turbo is in front of the mounts but i will use a custom engine mount to let me have more clearence ,
i tought grinding the weld wasn't a bad move ?
i used schedule 40 and the weld did penetrate so i don't see the problem ?
the turbo will fit nicely and will clear the frame by about 3-4inchs
in NO way the manifold interferes with the MC (i moved the engine all the way around and it never touches)

what do you mean BMC ?
Miami240

Post by Miami240 »

200sxBoY wrote:actually the turbo is in front of the mounts but i will use a custom engine mount to let me have more clearence ,
It sounds like you're still not too worried about the height. Lets just say the turbo sits in front of the mount... then what do you do about the downpipe?
i tought grinding the weld wasn't a bad move ?
i used schedule 40 and the weld did penetrate so i don't see the problem ?
Bad move... and how much exactly did it penetrate? If you were to tell me that you TIG welded it with a backpurge and you could see the bead on the inside, then it would probably be ok but i don't think that's the case here.
12508 SW 117 Ct.
Miami, FL 33186
Justin L
240sx Wannabe

Post by Justin L »

BMC-Brake Master Cylinder
200sxBoY
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 200sxBoY »

actually i got some clearence for the downpipe
i checked this out before .... it,s tight but it fits and it will not interfere with the mounts/frame when the engine moves

i should have went topmount but i didn't like the idea ... anyway the manifold costed me 100$cnd so it's not a big lost ... maybe later on i'll get one made in SS but for now im just "trying stuff out"

i know alot about cars ... im not a expert but im trying stuff out to see what works and what doesn't for me ...

making mistakes is the only way to learn ... i also apreciate the constructive comments ;)
ispentallmymoneyontires
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by ispentallmymoneyontires »

lol if nothing else i think it looks cool. if it all fits up right i wouldnt mind having one.
but it prolly wouldnt fit in an s13
There are many paths to Enlightenment: but no one said they can't be taken sideways.
89'hatch rustolum black/96'motor s13 new trans/OBD1 convert/F1 flywheel/DSS steel driveshaft/headers, testpipe, egay N1dual/ JGS poly engine, tranny/ Cory's Coil mod

RIP 480sx
Nissan_Freek

Post by Nissan_Freek »

Is that 1.75 pipe fittings? for some reason those look huge. Rule of thumb is to start with turbo placement, work your way back from there. But you know what? I built 3 worthless manifolds before I got famous 8) so don't sweat it. honestly, if you think it will work, great, if not, own it up to yourself and start over.

As for the grinding welds, you will probably be better off without doing that, because you don' t want to remove any structure if you can help it. Honestly though, I think you might be fine, but we'll see i suppose.

JImmy
Crash33

Post by Crash33 »

ispentallmymoneyontires just to let you know it is a s13.
1993 240sx fastback FINALLY TURBOED!!!!
T3\60-1
JGS LOG MANI
740CC INJ.
NISTUNE
Miami240

Post by Miami240 »

Nissan_Freek wrote:Is that 1.75 pipe fittings? for some reason those look huge. Rule of thumb is to start with turbo placement, work your way back from there. But you know what? I built 3 worthless manifolds before I got famous 8) so don't sweat it. honestly, if you think it will work, great, if not, own it up to yourself and start over.

As for the grinding welds, you will probably be better off without doing that, because you don' t want to remove any structure if you can help it. Honestly though, I think you might be fine, but we'll see i suppose.

JImmy
You're famous? Who are you?
12508 SW 117 Ct.
Miami, FL 33186
ispentallmymoneyontires
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by ispentallmymoneyontires »

however this is a S12 chassis
ispentallmymoneyontires just to let you know it is a s13.

really :?: [/quote]
There are many paths to Enlightenment: but no one said they can't be taken sideways.
89'hatch rustolum black/96'motor s13 new trans/OBD1 convert/F1 flywheel/DSS steel driveshaft/headers, testpipe, egay N1dual/ JGS poly engine, tranny/ Cory's Coil mod

RIP 480sx
Crash33

Post by Crash33 »

Sorry I didn't read his profile thing I have seen people make a typing error before/

sorry again my fault it's late and I'm tired.
1993 240sx fastback FINALLY TURBOED!!!!
T3\60-1
JGS LOG MANI
740CC INJ.
NISTUNE
200sxBoY
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 200sxBoY »

Nissan_Freek wrote:Is that 1.75 pipe fittings? for some reason those look huge. Rule of thumb is to start with turbo placement, work your way back from there. But you know what? I built 3 worthless manifolds before I got famous 8) so don't sweat it. honestly, if you think it will work, great, if not, own it up to yourself and start over.

JImmy
the inside diameter is 1.5 inch
i used what my book forced induction performance tuning and maximum boost told me
the tubes are equal lenght to 1 inch and i used aguide on sds website to make a turbo manifold
it's an s12 chassis
it would NOT fit a s13 because the s12 uses smaller diameter coils at the front therefore the shock tower is smaller on the s12 ... in fact we can only swap s13 coilover because the s13 shock+spring are too big and rubs on the strut tower !
Nissan_Freek

Post by Nissan_Freek »

Miami240 wrote:
You're famous? Who are you?
LOL Im a local fabricator ;)

I kinda grew up with a lot of the full-race guys, so we hang out lol