amazing s14 buildup

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
EstoMax
Encyclopedia-Nissan

amazing s14 buildup

Post by EstoMax »

This is not my car, but i wanted to share, because the workmanship into the car is amazing and it may give people here some ideas. Don't mind the engine, it's stock in europe and he can't help it :lol:

This is an s14 buildup by someone from SXOC. he posted finished pics first but if u go thru the pages u will find progress pics... someone can compile them and link them here directly if people dont wanna shuffle through

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=374790

drool away
Marko 8)
95 s14 kaT
t3/t04e (60 trim), bikirom, groundzero mani/dp, 82 lb AMS FS
94 d21 kaE 4x4 stock
plaza80
240sx Wannabe

Post by plaza80 »

Car looks like a killer track car :D
hersheskuirt
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by hersheskuirt »

I am in love with this car.
titanoh
240sx Wannabe

Post by titanoh »

With all the cool stuff on the car, Im quite disapointed with the simple suspension setup he went with. It seems like such a waste of time and money, I mean eventually he's going to hit something...and when he does hes custom work won't be so pretty anymore (really man..and S15 front end...). There really Is some fine craftsmanship in it, but I think its going to be sad when all the honda's with way less money put into them pass him.

I really like the rivets look though.
silviaks2nr
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by silviaks2nr »

pretty sweet. but wtf...
that doesn't accomplish anything unless there's some crazy steering angle.
Last edited by silviaks2nr on Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
98 240sx 5spd
TinyT
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TinyT »

titanoh wrote:With all the cool stuff on the car, Im quite disapointed with the simple suspension setup he went with. It seems like such a waste of time and money, I mean eventually he's going to hit something...and when he does hes custom work won't be so pretty anymore (really man..and S15 front end...). There really Is some fine craftsmanship in it, but I think its going to be sad when all the honda's with way less money put into them pass him.

I really like the rivets look though.
its not about bang for the buck, he wanted to build something unique for himself. Any ballsack can buy a crx, gut it, throw in a built b18, get some sticky tires and a suspension and go road race. but your still gonna be a ballsack.

The dude built something unique, purpose built, and well engineered. People these days dont just appreciate things for how well they perform, its a lot about pride in ones work. Hes gonna take that car to tracks and have to push people away because they wanna examine every bit of it.

and the dude that passed him in the honda is still gonna be just another carp in the river
titanoh
240sx Wannabe

Post by titanoh »

But he'll be a fast carp in the river.
No doubt this car is unique, but its really not efficent to race this at all. And yes, some badass craftsmanship went into this car, but again, I feel the craftmanship could have been used better elsewhere.
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

silviaks2nr wrote:pretty sweet. but wtf...
i dunno super low car and he wants some clearance? A lot of full build cars have fabricated tubs, I have them on my car. I mainly did them because I was replacing rusted metal in the engine bay anyway.
TanManS14

Post by TanManS14 »

All those AN fittings and vents and he puts worm clamps the couplers??
It's always broken.
TanManS14

Post by TanManS14 »

All those AN fittings and vents and he puts worm clamps the couplers?? ***** sr's.
It's always broken.
Prang11
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Prang11 »

Looks sweet, I was woundering the same thing Tanman.
boker240

Post by boker240 »

TanManS14 wrote:All those AN fittings and vents and he puts worm clamps the couplers?? ***** sr's.
lol. till i saw the under the hood shot i was thinking rb26.
arias 8.8.1,615 tomie inj.,clevite bearings,arp 10mm hs,z32 maf,jwt ecu,intake butterflies removed,all emissions removed,cx rad. dif dual fan controller,altima dual fans,fidanza fw,stage 3 clutch,solid d shaft,j30 rearend,energy suspension bushings,kyb struts,155 lbs weight reduction.
currently n/a.

He'll probably blow the motor, and then join the army of retards who hate on KA's for no good reason.
Liger
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Liger »

Pretty decent looking car and it definitely caught my attention when looking at it, but upon further examination, I've really lost some respect for it and here's why....and I'm sure people are going to think I'm a jack@ss for this :)

If it's a track car...why not at least tube frame the front end and get rid of all that extra metal he added in the front. I would not be surprised if that thing weighed close to stock. And wtf is the deal with the press-board front splitter?! And the quarter inch side windows?! If it's a track car, you generally do not have windows period. And regardless, you don't need quarter inch lexan...Jesus Christ. He used such thick metal on parts that didn't require it. And what's the deal with the hundred different vents everywhere? Half of them are not even placed properly.

I am not very impressed with this build at all. If you are going to build a proper track only car and invest the thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours making this thing, I would at least do it the right way....not the way he did it.

Now don't get me wrong. This guy did wonders for body and metal work. I am not going to lie. He has some great fabrication skills and the ability to make something look clean and finished. But at the same time, he doesn't appear to be very experienced with proper chassis fabrication and prepping a car for the track. Would I drive it at the track? No. It's more of a show car to me than anything.

Just my thoughts. Props for all the effort though. As long as it's all his hopes and dream, hell...why not?
TCtrackrunner
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by TCtrackrunner »

That is a very nice looking track car :lol:
Boosted and running 8psi
ccrystalclear240sx
240sx Wannabe

Post by ccrystalclear240sx »

that car looks crazy and amazing i wish i had that type of money and time.
as life makes me older, i started to realize things that were important no longer are and things that i never thought of are now my priority, So with this my friends i say live life to the fullest and enjoy it, because if you live life stressing about the small things then you will never get to enjoy the great things.
also may god bless everyone =)
SammyGreen
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by SammyGreen »

that car looks amazing, I love it
titanoh
240sx Wannabe

Post by titanoh »

I say we stop calling it a track car...just for safety measures.
480sx
In Our Memories - RIP

Post by 480sx »

I wish i had the kind of disposible income to produce a track car that looked like that. Mines not gona be nearly that pretty. :wink:

He did a seemingly good job with the aero although im no expert.

Amazing custom body work, although i have to say he used wayyy to much bondo. I mean its a fvkin track car and hes prly got at least 30 pds of bondo on it..

Still havnt gone through the rest of the thread.
XMcEvilson
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by XMcEvilson »

can someone post the pics? they're not working for me in that thread...
EstoMax
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by EstoMax »

480sx wrote:I wish i had the kind of disposible income to produce a track car that looked like that. Mines not gona be nearly that pretty. :wink:

Amazing custom body work, although i have to say he used wayyy to much bondo. I mean its a fvkin track car and hes prly got at least 30 pds of bondo on it..

im pretty sure he used the bondo for the mold, and the actualy bumper is fiberglass.
95 s14 kaT
t3/t04e (60 trim), bikirom, groundzero mani/dp, 82 lb AMS FS
94 d21 kaE 4x4 stock
yojo006
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by yojo006 »

i love how many people are quick to criticize somone! let see ur cars for the people who are talking crap. Give the guy some respect. It's a nice car but not my style.
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

EstoMax wrote:
480sx wrote:I wish i had the kind of disposible income to produce a track car that looked like that. Mines not gona be nearly that pretty. :wink:

im pretty sure he used the bondo for the mold, and the actualy bumper is fiberglass.
ill give you the benefit of the doubt 480 by saying you didnt go through the rest of the thread...but the foam and bondo was for the molds
480sx
In Our Memories - RIP

Post by 480sx »

Yea i just skimmed over it and looked at the pics. Makes a lot more sense, jesus what a time consuming way to make a mold. Foam would be a hell of a lot easier, but bondo def has advantages.
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

true story! Iv seen projects where people build molds for body panels and it seems like they use mainly use foam and shave that! thats sooo much filler and extra work it seems like
Justin L
240sx Wannabe

Post by Justin L »

silviaks2nr wrote:pretty sweet. but wtf...
Don't be mad cuz you want it.
1993ka24det
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by 1993ka24det »

that is what i am working towards
When Cornered, What G's Can You Pull
KLYPH
240sx Wannabe

Post by KLYPH »

:shock:
AIM = gtduke
"My 240 is gonna make Porsches look soft and Ferraris look like a waste of money. When I race some guy in a Ferrari hes gonna say to himself "Damn, I should have bought a 240sx"..."
-Klyph