Import DPS 1000WHP on Dynojet 224X2 : Phantom Maxes out Dyno

Dyno Sheets/Results Only! We have a separate forum about ECU Tuning and Theory
importdps
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Import DPS 1000WHP on Dynojet 224X2 : Phantom Maxes out Dyno

Post by importdps »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0eHmPNggWw

Check it out. The Phantom 240SX breaks 1000whp on our In House Dynojet 224X2.

Rick
Import DPS
Import Drag Performance
2947-51 North Marshall Street
Philadelphia, PA 19133
866-703-8794
Turbo24sxt
Forum Moderator

Post by Turbo24sxt »

Damn congrats .... keep it up ...
Anthony
***Nate Moore 480sx R.I.P ***
***Will NEVER be Forgotten***
Build Thread
viewtopic.php?t=15023&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
ILuvS13s
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by ILuvS13s »

insane. i love what I see from you guys.
240drew wrote:will someone go thru and show me how to wipe my ass? I am really confused, does the paper go in? ( I am just kidding) I am a bit bored.
R34SR wrote:save a tree, drag your ass on the grass.
RIP Nate Moore (480sx)We will never forget you.

tom550
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by tom550 »

8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

tom550 wrote:now you guys need to beat this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYcFsZgR ... re=related
swap their setup into a 510 and its already done.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
Motegi
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Motegi »

8-bit wrote:
tom550 wrote:now you guys need to beat this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYcFsZgR ... re=related
swap their setup into a 510 and its already done.
^^True.
torch'd
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by torch'd »

car is sick... inspiration thats for sure
going fast, i can do that... this going sideways thing is tricky.....
tryingtobebest
240sx Wannabe

Post by tryingtobebest »

You guys mind post some specs like what pistons/rods/bearing/headgasket?
Or somebody can provide a link for me?
My Cardomain - Click
rhombus
NooB

Post by rhombus »

Im not sure how thats considered maxing out the dyno. A dynojet 224x is rated to 2000hp and 200mph. http://www.dynojet.com/automotive_dyno/ ... fault.aspx

Its not conventional to shift gears mid pull either, at least when compairing those numbers to other cars. The dyno graph shown in the video appears to be MPH based and you can see a distinct power jump when the gear was shifted. Probably because the turbo couldnt spool using a single gear on an unloaded dyno. The power then tapers off. Its similar to when a clutch slips on the dyno and you have a spike in the graph. We normally do not count those spikes.

A true power test would be a pull in a single gear. Congrats on a fast car, Im sure the HP numbers are secondary to how it performs down the track for you. I would not use those HP numbers to compare to other cars though due to the nature of the pulls.
MKIV Supra 6spd
72.3mm 703whp 690ftlb, low boost
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

a mk4 supra owner talking about dyno numbers, go figure. who cares what it reads on a dyno! all you supra owners have dyno queens with no track numbers to back them except for a handful of the big boys. this car goes mid 7's in the 180's. new sleeved block is capable of a lot more power and low 7's. who gives a **** what the dyno says, its main use is for tuning.

rhombus
NooB

Post by rhombus »

TinyT wrote:a mk4 supra owner talking about dyno numbers, go figure. who cares what it reads on a dyno! all you supra owners have dyno queens with no track numbers to back them except for a handful of the big boys. this car goes mid 7's in the 180's. new sleeved block is capable of a lot more power and low 7's. who gives a **** what the dyno says, its main use is for tuning.

Considering I held the US record for 240sx HP for a long time, and the unconfirmed top speed as well; Perhaps you should reconsider your comment. I have plenty of right to be here and my comments are true. If the dyno is only for tuning, then why even post it up on here or make a video? The act of posting it up serves to show it off, to attempt to set a benchmark for others to follow. I think it should be clear as to the condition the benchmark was set.

Do I need to include my no longer on the road 240sx in my signature in order to fit in here?

BTW, sleeves are not required to make that power. Unless you have imperical data to prove otherwise, I will stand by my own data.
MKIV Supra 6spd
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

no they are not required to make that power, they found the limit of the stock KA block with block fill. they are now offering a sleeved block with 1/2" studs capable of 75 psi out of the 42r they are using, which they will be playing with next year.

Im john force, fyi, should I put that in my sig? oh **** angel is already john force.
rhombus
NooB

Post by rhombus »

TinyT wrote:no they are not required to make that power, they found the limit of the stock KA block with block fill. they are now offering a sleeved block with 1/2" studs capable of 75 psi out of the 42r they are using, which they will be playing with next year.

Im john force, fyi, should I put that in my sig? oh **** angel is already john force.

Perhaps it was the block fill that caused the problem. Like I said, do YOU have any imperical data? Perhaps you should check the compressor map on a 42R at 75psi...If one feels the needs 75psi of boost, perhaps they should select a different turbo.

My intention is to speak from real knowledge and share my own personal experiences, the spread of internet rumors and false/unsubstantiated information is not helping the community.
MKIV Supra 6spd
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

your not talking rational, there are 2 people that run filled blocks in the KA world, sorry im not one of them, I guess no one can talk unless they have done it themselves. that may apply to some things, but if that was the case then no one would have anything to say to importdps from the KA world. Excuse me but who are you? nice way to introduce yourself by claiming a whole lot about yourself and telling people why they are wrong right away. this is KA-T.org, not rhombus is law.org, welcome? I guess..

Im sure rick from importdps will have a nice lol when he reads this and be sure to answer any question, i mean accusation you may have.
rhombus
NooB

Post by rhombus »

TinyT wrote:your not talking rational, there are 2 people that run filled blocks in the KA world, sorry im not one of them, I guess no one can talk unless they have done it themselves. that may apply to some things, but if that was the case then no one would have anything to say to importdps from the KA world. Excuse me but who are you? nice way to introduce yourself by claiming a whole lot about yourself and telling people why they are wrong right away. this is KA-T.org, not rhombus is law.org, welcome? I guess..

Im sure rick from importdps will have a nice lol when he reads this and be sure to answer any question, i mean accusation you may have.

Thats cool. I was actually on this board and many others before you were. Some people still may know who I am. It shouldnt matter who I am, but since you asked...My name is Rhombus, as in rhombus-tuning.com. In the early-mid 2000s my S13 had over 700whp (on stock block/bore) and hit 200mph (yes it was a death trap, there are videos all over the internet of me doing 170 racing an S14). It trapped 118 in the 1/8th. The last KA I worked on has a HP record here. It does not have sleeves, nor filled block and I see no reason it would need either. I dont see the need to repeat information that one does not have personal experience with. For all you know, sleeves are not needed, yet you are talking like they are and eventually tons of people will think they have to have sleeves to go over 500whp or something like that. All Im asking is that you provide some imperical data to support your claim, this way true information is passed.
MKIV Supra 6spd
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

viewtopic.php?p=367033&highlight=#367033

viewtopic.php?p=364333&highlight=#364333

ill go build a 1200hp KA and get the imperical data you need, oh and you have to do the same because otherwise we cant have an intelligent conversation :roll:

why are you talking about personal data? you and I both have not experienced a KA that pushes the limits of off the shelf components. 700whp and up has been achieved numerous times these days on stock block, 10mm studs, cometic headgaskets. etc. we know what it takes to do that, thats not in question

talk to rick from importdps about the data they found, I dont know why you are coming at me about the need to have the first hand knowledge to talk about the fact that they need a sleeved block now, you dont have it either! Im not spreading false info about the need to have sleeved KA blocks, these guys made 1200whp before they found the need for it! your stuck on the fact that you built a 600 some whp SR!!!! 9 years ago and think no one has done it since so we have no info of what can and cant be done. There is enough info here now to build an 800whp KA without asking a single forum question, people know that, people know that sleeves are not needed until serious power is made. im sure rick can expand on what happened for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDzomql1wEE

real cool, racing in rain with a "700"whp car. and that was no 170mph.

only thing i like is the original volk gtu's been rockin em for years. but "700" whp is also very stupid on an 8 inch rim

tinyt, out. i no longer care after watching that baahahah.
rhombus
NooB

Post by rhombus »

TinyT wrote:viewtopic.php?p=367033&highlight=#367033

viewtopic.php?p=364333&highlight=#364333

ill go build a 1200hp KA and get the imperical data you need, oh and you have to do the same because otherwise we cant have an intelligent conversation :roll:

why are you talking about personal data? you and I both have not experienced a KA that pushes the limits of off the shelf components. 700whp and up has been achieved numerous times these days on stock block, 10mm studs, cometic headgaskets. etc. we know what it takes to do that, thats not in question

talk to rick from importdps about the data they found, I dont know why you are coming at me about the need to have the first hand knowledge to talk about the fact that they need a sleeved block now, you dont have it either! Im not spreading false info about the need to have sleeved KA blocks, these guys made 1200whp before they found the need for it! your stuck on the fact that you built a 600 some whp SR!!!! 9 years ago and think no one has done it since so we have no info of what can and cant be done. There is enough info here now to build an 800whp KA without asking a single forum question, people know that, people know that sleeves are not needed until serious power is made. im sure rick can expand on what happened for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDzomql1wEE

real cool, racing in rain with a "700"whp car. and that was no 170mph.

only thing i like is the original volk gtu's been rockin em for years. but "700" whp is also very stupid on an 8 inch rim

tinyt, out. i no longer care after watching that baahahah.

Wow, your coming off as an idiot.

If making an 800whp KA is so easy because there is so much information, please go ahead and try.

I appreciate you telling me how fast or not fast I was going when you were not there. Perhaps if you read, you would see that in that video it was 20psi and 500whp. You can fit a 10+" slick on a 8" wheel. Your right, it wasnt 170mph, it was more like 168...electronicly verified. That pretty much sums up exactly my earlier points about the crap that is spewing out of your mouth. Talk about things you have no personal experience with and preach as if its word. So lets try this again. Have you made 800whp on a KA? Last time I checked, the word Rhombus was in the thread of one that made 844whp. I dont see TinyT anywhere on that post. You pretty much come off as a fan boy with the way you are trying to convice me by citing other people's posts. I didnt come in here to talk about my old SR, like I said it was many years ago and you were the one who asked. Who is making 1200hp anyway and where is the proof?
MKIV Supra 6spd
Liger
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Liger »

Fantastic car, ImportDPS. Congrats. I want some more videos of this beast at the track :)

:roll:...and you said I argue everything TinyT? At least I have firsthand knowledge about the things I talk about.
veilside180sx
SuperMod

Post by veilside180sx »

FYI I know who Rhombus is, and he had a legitimate car.

Congrats to ImportDPS though for your accomplishments.
JGS Precision
Wastegates, Bypass Valves, KA Turbo Kits
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

Liger wrote:Fantastic car, ImportDPS. Congrats. I want some more videos of this beast at the track :)

:roll:...and you said I argue everything TinyT? At least I have firsthand knowledge about the things I talk about.
wow this got really dumb really fast. I know I am an idiot,

SORRY IMPORTDPS FOR STARTING UP THIS B/S AND MODS FEEL FREE TO DELETE ANY POSTS IF NECESSARY.
klattr1
Forum Moderator

Post by klattr1 »

rhombus wrote:Im not sure how thats considered maxing out the dyno. A dynojet 224x is rated to 2000hp and 200mph. http://www.dynojet.com/automotive_dyno/ ... fault.aspx
yea newer ones might...i have a dyno sheet on my computer of the ImportDPS drag car clearly hitting 1000whp on the sheet and then flat lining.
rhombus wrote: For all you know, sleeves are not needed, yet you are talking like they are and eventually tons of people will think they have to have sleeves to go over 500whp or something like that.
nobody said sleeves were needed at 500whp. that car is a one-off 7 sec drag car that runs as full-kill as it gets. the cylinder cracking issue has only been experienced by a few people that are pushing the limits with a overbored KA.
t88hlexus
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by t88hlexus »

all of 224 should read up to 2000hp and its all in software.

This is just my thoght of the sleeving the ka24 block since its talked about couple of times.

about the sleeving block, its all depands on how fast the piston speed and clyinder pressure since ka drag car seems to run high boost..

it will tended to crack top side of clyinder when these two factors are exceeding their limit. also, continuously pushing its limit in 1/4 will have more stress than making single or 100 1-1 gear dyno pull.

although, problem is might not be a making too much power, the one major concern is the inconsistency manifacture of the block. I have bought 3 brand new KA block in past and all messured slighlty different thickness of bore, casting than others, ppl might ask why would you even buy new block when ka is iron block and can be bored and there seems to have no reason to buy one. well it does when you want to push the limit and want to see the other side of what it can do.

I build many 1000hp 2j motors, and I can only say from experience what I have done and not sure what is limit of ka24. I have put close to 17K miles on my ka24 motor that made 844hp, and turns 9000prm or more when it gets driven. still yet to have problem with my motor. and everything looks pretty good. anyway . since its long stroke, high piston speed and high clyinder pressure, it can only go so far unless get lucky.

its pretty insane to see someone will ever needed sleeved iron block, but running 7s and try to be consistant is very tough to do. only concern is if you make bullet proof block then something else will explode. its just nature of the racing. until one say I am done.

congrats on running great times on 4 banger.
I hope you guys will get in 6s with it soon.

klattr1 wrote:
rhombus wrote:Im not sure how thats considered maxing out the dyno. A dynojet 224x is rated to 2000hp and 200mph. http://www.dynojet.com/automotive_dyno/ ... fault.aspx
yea newer ones might...i have a dyno sheet on my computer of the ImportDPS drag car clearly hitting 1000whp on the sheet and then flat lining.
rhombus wrote: For all you know, sleeves are not needed, yet you are talking like they are and eventually tons of people will think they have to have sleeves to go over 500whp or something like that.
nobody said sleeves were needed at 500whp. that car is a one-off 7 sec drag car that runs as full-kill as it gets. the cylinder cracking issue has only been experienced by a few people that are pushing the limits with a overbored KA.
www.yellowmunsontuning.com
Owner of THE shop
highest Hp on ca18det in US
highest Hp on sr20det stock bore
highest HP on stock ka-T (jeffs)
Highest HP on ka24det street car
AEM certified tuner
SCT certified tuner
HKS pro dealer, tomei, OS giken
Power FC excel shop tuner