do not do business with RC fuel injectors

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.

DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A COMPANY YOU WOULD DO BUSINESS WITH?

Poll ended at Sun May 30, 2010 2:54 pm

YES
14%
NO
86%

Total votes: 21

PuNcHdRuNk
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

do not do business with RC fuel injectors

Post by PuNcHdRuNk »

so i have been a loyal customer of rc fuel injection for many years now without incident, until now i have never had a single problem with a injector. as of late i have been trying to tune my 240 and have had several issues with over fueling, as part of deductive reasoning process i decided to have my brand new(less than three months old)fuel injectors tested to make sure i did not have a leaky injector issue, first i called and spoke with carol who said as long as i sent my flow sheet with the injectors as proof the injectors were purchased within the last year they would service them for free, so i sent the injectors in, and waited and waited and waited, i finally contacted carol and she then stated the injectors had been sitting on the shelf not shipped because i owe a $40 per injector fee, i then told her that we had previously spoke about this and she had stated there would be no charge as long as i included my flow sheet, she then stated that i need to provide a copy of my sales receipt in order for the service to be free, wich i did, then i waited again, 2 more days, i then called but carol wasent there so i left a message, she then called back and that is when thing took a turn for the worse

CAROL " This is carol from r.c."
ME " HELLO"
CAROL"what exactlycan i do for you"
me " um rememberi have been calling and we have had several phone converstaions about my injectors"
CAROL "YES so what do you need"
Me " ummm i sent the reciept and flow sheet adn i really just need the injectors back"
CAROL " yeah i cant verify your receipt so you have to pay $40 per injector"
me " that seems unfair i contacted you prior to sending youthe injectors and you never stated there would be any kind of fee for the service as they should have been covered under warranty.
CAROL " well we can just keep your injectors"
ME " I need to speak to a manager"
CAROL " I am the manger'
me " its hard for me to believe that since you have no customer service skills whatsoever.
CAROL " HUNG UP"

I then called back,

ME " I Need to speak to a manger"
CAROL ' the manger is gone for two weeks"
CAROL "HUNG UP"

I then called back again and recieved the service dept.
me" hello i need to speak to a manager
service dep" the manger"john" is out to lunch right now
me "when do you expect him back"
service dept " 30 mins"

i then left my name and number and waited for a call back
no call back so i called then back

carol" rc engineering"
me" i need to speak to john please"
carol " hold please"
ten minutes passes.......

i call back

carol " rc engineering"
me "i need to peak to john please
carol "hold please"
five minutes passes......

i hang up and call back i nget the service dept this time,
me" i need to speak to john please"
service dept" john is at lunch"
me "when do you expect him back"
service dept "30 mins"

that was two hours ago, i have been a loyal rc injection customer for OVER five years, every single car i have ever turboed has had rc fuel injectors in it and this is how they treat there customers. BUYER BEWARE.

if you think this is poor customer service you should call carol and let her know otherwise next time it could be you getting screwed

RC FUEL INJECTION
310-320-2277
Mark Washington
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Mark Washington »

I run RC injectors and they helped me order the wrong ones (low impedance)
and were rude to me on the phone when I was asking about what ones to run on
my KA24E. I am happy with the injectors quality but not the service.
速い速い シルビア ターボターボ
Its not the size of the turbo,Its how you spool it.
eazye2000
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by eazye2000 »

Sounds like RC Injectors needs to be spoken to. Lets all call Carol and ask the same questions over and over. haha

Actually, who is a good sponsor of fuel injectors other then Deatschwerks? I know they have awesome side feeds, but I need some fire hose top feeds.

I don't know about all this injector stuff. I'm still trying to figure out what will work with my Project Silvia rail. I guess I can scratch RC off my list of possibilities.

You don't phuck' with the KA-T family. Boycott that 'ish.
koukidriver
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by koukidriver »

You need to report this the better business beauru www.bbb.org I really want to thank you for sharing that story with us org members I will be sure to pass that story around to all my friends.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Thanks for sharing. That's crappy service.
koukidriver

Post by koukidriver »

Don't know why someone voted yes clearly it was a error or maybe he is trying to be funny well either way I don't get it.
PuNcHdRuNk

Post by PuNcHdRuNk »

so later in the day i had a friend call from a different phone (LOL) and amazingly enough was able to get patched through to john the general manager, he had a whole different approach to customer service, he said they would next day air the injectors back to me and apologized for the way i was treated,it made me feel better about the company (and at least now im getting my injectors back) its just crazy that someone would be put through such crap from a company as large as rc, i would never allow someone with customer service like that to answer phones at my business, ruined a perfectly happy customer for life.

also i sent a link to this post to carol from rc just after i made it, i think the one yes vote was her :oops:
TinyT
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TinyT »

thats strange. RC is a pretty established company...
ILuvS13s
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by ILuvS13s »

Strange.. I got the same treatment from AMS. All I wanted to do was speak to Ivan about some technical issues with my AMS shortblock. I call up @ 2pm.. "May I speak to Ivan?" "He's at lunch, whats your phone number, Ill have him call you back." Leave my name and number. Wait.. wait.. wait.. nothing. A few days later I call back around 5. "may I speak to Ivan?" "He's at lunch." ..........

Leave my name and number again.. Nothing. Finally I get fed up and drive over to ERL and ask a machine tech there what I needed to know. He asks me what they set my ring gap to, says they should have it documented. I dont know.. so I call AMS. "Hi my name is Dustin, I purchased a KA24DE shortblock from you guys a while back. I'm having some issues with piston slap that never goes away. Can you look in your specs and tell me what my ring gap is?" "Sure one minute." .........ten minutes later. "We lost our records of your engine build when we moved. You could try talking to Ivan. He probably knows what he set it at."

................. said thank you and hung up.

Now Im in the process of tearing down my built block so I can figure out what is going on and what they set my ring gap at.

I say down with AMS and RC Engineering. In my opinion.. AMS turned their back on KA-T.org a long time ago.

Santiago at AMS was never nice either. I have a completely different hate story on AMS also... but I'll save that for another rant!
240drew wrote:will someone go thru and show me how to wipe my ass? I am really confused, does the paper go in? ( I am just kidding) I am a bit bored.
R34SR wrote:save a tree, drag your ass on the grass.
RIP Nate Moore (480sx)We will never forget you.

emo_tactical9

Post by emo_tactical9 »

ILuvS13s wrote:Strange.. I got the same treatment from AMS. All I wanted to do was speak to Ivan about some technical issues with my AMS shortblock. I call up @ 2pm.. "May I speak to Ivan?" "He's at lunch, whats your phone number, Ill have him call you back." Leave my name and number. Wait.. wait.. wait.. nothing. A few days later I call back around 5. "may I speak to Ivan?" "He's at lunch." ..........

Leave my name and number again.. Nothing. Finally I get fed up and drive over to ERL and ask a machine tech there what I needed to know. He asks me what they set my ring gap to, says they should have it documented. I dont know.. so I call AMS. "Hi my name is Dustin, I purchased a KA24DE shortblock from you guys a while back. I'm having some issues with piston slap that never goes away. Can you look in your specs and tell me what my ring gap is?" "Sure one minute." .........ten minutes later. "We lost our records of your engine build when we moved. You could try talking to Ivan. He probably knows what he set it at."

................. said thank you and hung up.

Now Im in the process of tearing down my built block so I can figure out what is going on and what they set my ring gap at.

I say down with AMS and RC Engineering. In my opinion.. AMS turned their back on KA-T.org a long time ago.

Santiago at AMS was never nice either. I have a completely different hate story on AMS also... but I'll save that for another rant!
I think they already lost a lot of KA customers after that group buy debacle.
Just call me Adam.
95 240: DIYPNP and T28.
08 Honda Fit
84 200sx: Sold after almost 10 years.
My file hosting:Calum,MegaSquirt,FSM
PuNcHdRuNk

Post by PuNcHdRuNk »

wow, i will never do business with ams either. its threads like these that get the word out so people know what to expect from these companys
bane

Post by bane »

never done business with rc, but i have with ams. i will not deal with them ever again.
PuNcHdRuNk

Post by PuNcHdRuNk »

TinyT wrote:they seem to be doing just fine without the poor KA community :lol:
I <3 u tiny t.
your posts are always so helpful and enlightening.
Jordan Gladman

Post by Jordan Gladman »

Yeah, but negative feedback spreads like wild fire, for every 1 person that reads this, they will share the info with 10+ people. I for one, wouldnt take the risk of buying from RC based on this thread alone, same goes for AMS...they both go in my "vault"...

I've had enough negative experience with different companies to know its never worth the risk if people have stories like these. Customer service is #1. Customer service will make/break a company.

+1 for Seimens, Accel etc
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

I called and left them a message describing your situation and that thousands of members on this site will be aware of their underhanded business or lack of customer service skills (please teach Carol how to respect customers) and that I will never consider business with them and will echo my sentiment to others.

It is good to hear than John was finally available to help you. I hope he does more than help you and makes a solid effort to reprimand Carol for her actions and retrain her in understanding what customer service is about. I will say that reading of this experience makes me wary and I don't feel good about RC Engineering at all.

1) Customer Service deliberately tries to deny you service after you satisfy their requests.
2) They then deliberately deceive you as to the absence of their manager.
3) They put you on hold for long periods of time to dissuade you from maintaining interest in pursuing warranty service or getting the issue resolved.

If you have customers on hold for 10 minutes, you need to hire another person. And as far as the rest of that goes, that's just shady/dirty business practice -- and it sounds like its likely due to at least one specific person.

There are many options out there for injectors. I know DW does great business and have personally had the pleasure of dealing with DW's awesome customer service and owner.

The simple message: Do business with anyone else.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

I'm sure after being made aware that this site has thousands of members and we are all watching, that they care.

I know I won't do business with them without hearing that they've made serious changes. I know they are nowhere near the shame of Emance, but even if Jason started doing honest business I would drop my protest.... He just hasn't.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
Jordan Gladman

Post by Jordan Gladman »

As a whole they might not care right away, but lost sales are lost profits for management and lost jobs for employees. This thread alone could easily cost the owner thousands in lost sales that he would never be the wiser of..
Nathan
240sx Wannabe

Post by Nathan »

Thanks for sharing. I will steer clear of them, oh BTW, I plan to buy a set of 1000cc injectors, to go with my engine build in the next few months.
I think you should write a letter to the management targeting Carol specifically, and request at least a written apology.
BC cams, stage 1
Precision SC50 turbo
525cc injectors/Walbro
Blitz BOV
AEM standalone computer/wideband
KTS coilovers
Suspension Technique swaybars
Kaaz LSD
SPEC 6 puck clutch
veilside180sx
SuperMod

Post by veilside180sx »

If I have to waste time cleaning up childish BS...I'll just start banning people.

To the OP, despite the issue being eventually rectified. I would not being doing business with them again either.

Carol as an employee of RC is the face of the company, and therefore represents the company. I can guarantee you were not the first, nor the last person that this will happen to. She obviously has been empowered to make decisions on the companies behalf, based on her poor judgment...I would have to assume that it is the sentiment of the company.
JGS Precision
Wastegates, Bypass Valves, KA Turbo Kits
Walperstyle

Post by Walperstyle »

koukidriver wrote:You need to report this the better business beauru www.bbb.org I really want to thank you for sharing that story with us org members I will be sure to pass that story around to all my friends.
The Better Business Bureau will not help. Believe it or not, companies pay to be a part of the BBB. If RC engineering has paid them, the BBB will ignore complaints. The BBB was created by the same people that created Unions. (the mob). Its another legal way to make money.
keytops

Post by keytops »

Well I'm glad you all posted about this, I hate it when I buy something and am stuck with the bad attitude of their customer service. We need a wall of shame sticky for things like this. I dodnt even know about AMS, I thought they had good parts AND service.
BTW Brian Crower has really good customer service and their cams arn't as bad as people say (they need to be degreed) and their springs are nice quality
98 s14 SE Track and weekender.
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

keytops wrote:Well I'm glad you all posted about this, I hate it when I buy something and am stuck with the bad attitude of their customer service. We need a wall of shame sticky for things like this. I dodnt even know about AMS, I thought they had good parts AND service.
BTW Brian Crower has really good customer service and their cams arn't as bad as people say (they need to be degreed) and their springs are nice quality
who says bc makes bad cams? cams in a turbo car should always be degreed.
240drew
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 240drew »

Really a customer service section or something that at least lets us leave feedback for people whom we buy from on this forum is much needed. Thus far anything I have purchased from here has been wonderful. I think its in part that we are all DIY'ers that know the value of a dollar and tend not to take advantage of others. Not saying all people in the KA-T community are this way but primarily I would trust the high posting and active members on here pretty well. Its sad to see shady business being done especially from such a well known company. Its safe to say they made a bad impression on me and they will never have my business in my upcoming build.
Cars
1996 240sx KAt28- Sold
1992 240sx RB20- Sold
1995 240sx RB25neo- Sold
1993 240sx 2jzgte- Sold
Current:
2006 Toyota Tundra
1995 240sx 2jzgte BWs366
96silvia

Post by 96silvia »

I agree we should have a section that is a sticky about customer service. for buyers to be aware
Jordan Gladman

Post by Jordan Gladman »

Those sections can be bad too though, if you give people a place for it, they'll create and exagerate problems that dont really exist. If the problem is bad enough a thread in the chat section can be more effective.
Mark Washington
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Mark Washington »

lts all jump on the haterade bandwagon. :whocares:
its fun to hate isn't it.??
速い速い シルビア ターボターボ
Its not the size of the turbo,Its how you spool it.
niko
240sx Wannabe

Post by niko »

had top feed RC injectors on my sr20, most of the time they were ran close to 100% duty cycle, on "corosive E85 fuel" never failed...

sorry to hear they treated you like that, but the point is, if they know they have something good, people will put up with thier sh!t, to have thier great product, even though thier customer service sucks... especially if there aint much quality competition... i am using deatchwerks now, well see how they hold up...
.......................................Garret GT28R.......................................
...................................H2O Cooled Boost....................................
PuNcHdRuNk

Post by PuNcHdRuNk »

Mark Washington wrote:lts all jump on the haterade bandwagon. :whocares:
i dont understand this comment at all, ka-t . org is a community, if someone beat up your little sister you would want to know about it right? this is not intended to create "hate" at all i just think that people should know about things like this so when the go out and spend 400-$500 dollars on something they should know what to expect from the company they purchased it from. i would not have even wasted my time posting about this,but the way i was treated was so extremely bad,i felt the community should know.
niko
240sx Wannabe

Post by niko »

PuNcHdRuNk wrote:
Mark Washington wrote:lts all jump on the haterade bandwagon. :whocares:
i dont understand this comment at all, ka-t . org is a community, if someone beat up your little sister you would want to know about it right? this is not intended to create "hate" at all i just think that people should know about things like this so when the go out and spend 400-$500 dollars on something they should know what to expect from the company they purchased it from. i would not have even wasted my time posting about this,but the way i was treated was so extremely bad,i felt the community should know.

you could try suing them in a small claims court, IF everything you say is TRUE and you have EVIDENCE
.......................................Garret GT28R.......................................
...................................H2O Cooled Boost....................................
PuNcHdRuNk

Post by PuNcHdRuNk »

well yes everything i have said is true, but there is no need to sue anybody because i received my injectors back today, as promised from john. i believe that my poor experience with RC was largly based on the actions of one single individual, but none the less, it happened. i had to be quite persistent and sneaky to even get into contact with anyone who gave a sh*t about what was going on, had i not been, i would have been at the mercy of someone trying to overcharge me for a service i basically already paid for when i purchased the injectors, or had to purchase new injectors from another vendor.

this is as close as you will get to me proving anything over the www but here is a link to the original posting stating that i purchased this set of injectors and the date as well as stating they are a "liscensed distributor"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... &viewitem=