PeakBoost is history...

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

PeakBoost is history...

Post by Kamilitaryman »

Alright,

On 8/6 I ordered my PeakBoost manifold through Zerolift Autolab. They told me 3 week maximum wait as the manifolds are made-to-order. On 9/7 Zerolift (after many, many phone calls) finally provided a tracking number for the "shipped" manifold. According to the tracking info, the manifold should've been here yesterday. Today is 9/15 and I still haven't received my manifold. I went back again to track the package and it says that the shipping information was received by FedEx - that was Step 1 of 4, 4 being delivered to my house.

What would you fellas do in my situation. Not only am I upset that Zerolift's customer service is sucking big time but its been over 5 weeks and I haven't received the product!

Had to vent as this is a major hold up on the progress of my build and winter is just around the corner :(
Last edited by Kamilitaryman on Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PM me if you're interested in getting something powder coated!
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

Well I got an update on this matter.

Zerolift came through and found out that there was an issue with FedEx shipping (oh no...here we go) and that my package was dropped off by Peakboost last week thursday but FedEx is saying that it was not. Well, Ken from PeakBoost is working on it with FedEx to figure out what happened to my package. I've calmed down since and I take back what I said about Zero and Peakboost as it really wasn't their fault that FedEx screwed up.

Kamil
TheOne
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by TheOne »

i hope they take care of ya, sometimes these shipping companies can do shady things.

UPS said they dropped off my tial wastegate at my front door, when i got there(less than 30mins after they supposely dropped it off) it wasn't there, called ups and they said seller had to do the claim, luckily the ebay(i know right, it was legit) company stood up to them and they gave him a refund and i got another WG in the mail.(which this time i got)

am pretty sure the ups driver kept the damn thing or something, but oh well, no evidence.
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

TheOne wrote:i hope they take care of ya, sometimes these shipping companies can do shady things.

UPS said they dropped off my tial wastegate at my front door, when i got there(less than 30mins after they supposely dropped it off) it wasn't there, called ups and they said seller had to do the claim, luckily the ebay(i know right, it was legit) company stood up to them and they gave him a refund and i got another WG in the mail.(which this time i got)

am pretty sure the ups driver kept the damn thing or something, but oh well, no evidence.
Yea, based on the conversation I had with Ken from PeakBoost, he was extremely upset with FedEX and that he's going to do everything in his power to get this resolved. Glad to hear eBay took charge in your case! Always nice to hear good stuff come out from bad things like this.
Jordan Gladman
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Jordan Gladman »

I doubt it was the shipping company. When people get pushy for tracking numbers for my manifolds, I will often print the label a few days before I actually ship the item just to keep them happy while I finish their mani.

They probably did not ship when they said they did and they're making excuses to keep you happy. Dont be surprised if your package shows up in a week or 2 and says it was shipped 3 days before that.

Custom parts take a while, if you can be patient, it works out better. If you rush them and give them a hard time they're more likely to rush through your part etc and you're more likely to see mistakes.
WWW.GLADFAB.COM SOHC Turbo Manifolds
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

Jordan Gladman wrote:I doubt it was the shipping company. When people get pushy for tracking numbers for my manifolds, I will often print the label a few days before I actually ship the item just to keep them happy while I finish their mani.

They probably did not ship when they said they did and they're making excuses to keep you happy. Dont be surprised if your package shows up in a week or 2 and says it was shipped 3 days before that.

Custom parts take a while, if you can be patient, it works out better. If you rush them and give them a hard time they're more likely to rush through your part etc and you're more likely to see mistakes.
I totally understand from a business' point of view. At the same time, what's acceptable when a company tells you 3 weeks MAX and you end up waiting longer than that? It is unfair to a customer to not know where their product is after 5 weeks wouldn't you agree? It's not a cheap part either and I had every right to be concerned especially when I already got charged for it. I waited the full 3 weeks and I didn't inquire about the status of it until about a week ago anyways. I simply wanted to know whats going on. I'd rather hear something back than nothing at all.

Edit:

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt about the whole FedEx mishap. Time will tell and I'll be sure to check the shipping dates once it arrives.
Jordan Gladman
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Jordan Gladman »

I buy more than I sell, so I totally agree. I just waited 5 weeks for an order of something that was supposed to be to me in 7-10 days. It sucks. But after buying a few hundred items online, Id say its better to just sit back and try to forget about it, its much better when things are just showing up :D
WWW.GLADFAB.COM SOHC Turbo Manifolds
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

Jordan Gladman wrote:I buy more than I sell, so I totally agree. I just waited 5 weeks for an order of something that was supposed to be to me in 7-10 days. It sucks. But after buying a few hundred items online, Id say its better to just sit back and try to forget about it, its much better when things are just showing up :D
It's all part of the game :) I guess I just have to be patient and it will arrive when I forget about it lol
SoulGuardian
240sx Wannabe

Post by SoulGuardian »

oh man ... stop tellin my story ...

just saying I ordered my manifold on june 4th ... and fedex only did the pickup on sept 14th when the shipping notice was the 7th (after a first shipping attempt on july that didnt pass the shipping notification step)

So my guess... Overbooked order, cant get the part out fast enaugh. but don't wanna tell the customers about the delays....

I just hope my order finally end up well .... tbc
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

SoulGuardian wrote:oh man ... stop tellin my story ...

just saying I ordered my manifold on june 4th ... and fedex only did the pickup on sept 14th when the shipping notice was the 7th (after a first shipping attempt on july that didnt pass the shipping notification step)

So my guess... Overbooked order, cant get the part out fast enaugh. but don't wanna tell the customers about the delays....

Are you from Canada? Did you order a Peakboost mani as well? If so, your manifold is on its way according to Ken. Mine got "lost" at the same time as yours.
SoulGuardian
240sx Wannabe

Post by SoulGuardian »

Yes, i have the tracking stating the package is in the fedex possession, in transit, from arizona... just suck that my s14 was a sitting duck all summer and the drift season is kinda over here. I have about 2 month streching to make it run before storing the car for winter.

well wouldn'T just had been great if my original manifold turbo combo had cleared the mbc... but no, i needed i nother manifold... or an other turbo... went for the manifold.

anyway, just to make my wait even more painful, i just got my hands on a set of rotas p45r 17x9.5 +12 4x114 time attack (aka black with red lip, and kinda rare in the 4x114) to replace my old fastco impact 17x7 +40...

if only i can make my s14 run before winter... ill be quite happy.
Kamilitaryman wrote:

Are you from Canada? Did you order a Peakboost mani as well? If so, your manifold is on its way according to Ken. Mine got "lost" at the same time as yours.
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

SoulGuardian wrote:Yes, i have the tracking stating the package is in the fedex possession, in transit, from arizona... just suck that my s14 was a sitting duck all summer and the drift season is kinda over here. I have about 2 month streching to make it run before storing the car for winter.

well wouldn'T just had been great if my original manifold turbo combo had cleared the mbc... but no, i needed i nother manifold... or an other turbo... went for the manifold.

anyway, just to make my wait even more painful, i just got my hands on a set of rotas p45r 17x9.5 +12 4x114 time attack (aka black with red lip, and kinda rare in the 4x114) to replace my old fastco impact 17x7 +40...

if only i can make my s14 run before winter... ill be quite happy.
Kamilitaryman wrote:

I hear you man! My 240 has been sitting for over a month now. W/o that manifold I can't do ****! Can't run I/C piping, cant make a dowpipe/exhaust, feed and return lines etc etc. I am basically at a major halt right now thanks to this....
SoulGuardian
240sx Wannabe

Post by SoulGuardian »

I really hate that part on the fedex tracking :
Sep 16, 2010 1:32 AMShipment exceptionPHOENIX, AZImproper or missing paperwork, contact Customer Service
contacted fedex how told me they prolly had already contacted the shipper about it... tryed to contact peakboost, message box... figure... Its the first time i have so much troubles getting a piece for my s14... just hope it will goes flawlessly from now on, but I'm realistic and I highly doubt my car will run this year. :(

my IC piping is installed, but im the same point with my downpipe... all my new gauge and interior is installed. reminding me i need to make a build tread somewhere. guess i should make that while waiting...
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

Did you hear anything yet? I haven't heard **** from Peakboost. This is getting annoying...
SoulGuardian
240sx Wannabe

Post by SoulGuardian »

I'm following my tracking ... this morning the package was in a city about 3h road from where I Live... I expect my package to arrive tomorrow... Hope it arrive at home tomorrow early cause I'm leaving for 6-7 days in late morning... :( I'll give feedback when i get the actual package...
ccrystalclear240sx
240sx Wannabe

Post by ccrystalclear240sx »

SoulGuardian wrote:I'm following my tracking ... this morning the package was in a city about 3h road from where I Live... I expect my package to arrive tomorrow... Hope it arrive at home tomorrow early cause I'm leaving for 6-7 days in late morning... :( I'll give feedback when i get the actual package...
hey man i wish you luck bro hopefully everything runs smooth for you, i know what it feels like to be waiting for something and it never arrives.
as life makes me older, i started to realize things that were important no longer are and things that i never thought of are now my priority, So with this my friends i say live life to the fullest and enjoy it, because if you live life stressing about the small things then you will never get to enjoy the great things.
also may god bless everyone =)
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

Well it looks like they are making me a new manifold if FedEx doesn't give an answer by the end of today. I hope that this doesn't happen to anyone else while ordering their manifold from them. I'm a little upset but somewhat glad that some progress is finally being made on thier end. I think I lost a little bit of hair from all this.
ccrystalclear240sx
240sx Wannabe

Post by ccrystalclear240sx »

Kamilitaryman wrote:Well it looks like they are making me a new manifold if FedEx doesn't give an answer by the end of today. I hope that this doesn't happen to anyone else while ordering their manifold from them. I'm a little upset but somewhat glad that some progress is finally being made on thier end. I think I lost a little bit of hair from all this.
lmao naw man relax you'll get your stuff fedex is like that, they have done to me with some rotors lol i never got my money back from seller or shipping company, then like 2 months later i find a box with a bunch of sticker over.... it was the rotors lol they said it was left in there truck and they basically went all over the u.s. before ending up at my door.. lol so dont worry, your good. if not beat them up lol good luck again
as life makes me older, i started to realize things that were important no longer are and things that i never thought of are now my priority, So with this my friends i say live life to the fullest and enjoy it, because if you live life stressing about the small things then you will never get to enjoy the great things.
also may god bless everyone =)
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

Finally, it was shipped. I'll snag pics once it arrives.
SoulGuardian
240sx Wannabe

Post by SoulGuardian »

ok after a week off in the wood hunting moose i finally went to fedex to pick my box ... what a surprise that the wastegate i ordered with my manifold is "missing"... too be unpleased is an understatement...

otherwise the manifold seem well made, and is quite heavy, can't tell about the fitment yet ... but I,ll test fit asap...[/img]
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

UPDATE - Peakboost mani owners are ***** everywhere! PB filed for bankruptcy! There goes my Lifetime warranty....

Read on...

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2851813
SoulGuardian
240sx Wannabe

Post by SoulGuardian »

At least I received my manifold ... just hope It will last... And Zerolift shipped me an other Wastegate. USPS toke it sweet time, and absolutely no tracking info update since nov 1, but it finally arrived yesterday
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

SoulGuardian wrote:At least I received my manifold ... just hope It will last... And Zerolift shipped me an other Wastegate. USPS toke it sweet time, and absolutely no tracking info update since nov 1, but it finally arrived yesterday
Glad to hear man! Im still shocked about it though. These things a cost pretty penny and the lifetime warranty is what I was after the most :/
importdps
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by importdps »

I wouldn't be mad at Zerolift. Its not there fault Peakboost went bankrupt.
Import Drag Performance
2947-51 North Marshall Street
Philadelphia, PA 19133
866-703-8794
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

importdps wrote:I wouldn't be mad at Zerolift. Its not there fault Peakboost went bankrupt.
I never said I was mad at Zerolift. The thread title was pre-Peakboost bankruptcy.