bmitchell's build

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
bmitchell_ga
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

bmitchell's build

Post by bmitchell_ga »

So turboed my car back in late 2009. I never started a build thread and now that I'm

starting to go threw it again I decided to make a build thread.

My setup includeds:

Holset Hy-35
Jgs mani
Turbosmart WG 38mm
Dw 550's
Nistune
N62 maf
Hks bov (fake I think)
Avp mbc
Godspeed Intercooler
Full 3" Hks exhaust and handmade 3" dp
Act 6-puck and heavy duty pp
Fidanza Flywheel
K-sport coilovers

I have my dyno thread linked in my sig for thoughs wondering what kinda of power I'm making.

Now for this 1st pic don't be hatin on these Honda offsets. I hate my wheels and have never liked them. They where on the car when I bought It and I plan to change them out as soon as the xxr 527's come out. I spent the money on the turbo stuff instead of buying wheels.

Last edited by bmitchell_ga on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
97 S14
329hp 320trq @ 13psi (on pump)
? @ 18psi (corn)

my build thread
viewtopic.php?t=51532&highlight=

E85, obd I con, Nistune, HKS hi-power exh, Fidanza flywheel, ACT 6-puck, K-Sport coilovers, Holset hy-35 turbo, Turbo Smart 38mm wastegate, HKS bov, JGS mani, mm's, & oil line kit, AMS fuel kit w/ 95pd inj's, lc-1 wb, Driveshaft Shop DS, Greddy profec b
bmitchell_ga

Post by bmitchell_ga »

So this is what I spent the weekend doing.

97 S14
? @ 18psi (corn)

my build thread

E85, obd I con, Nistune, HKS hi-power exh, Fidanza flywheel, ACT 6-puck, K-Sport coilovers, Holset hy-35 turbo, Turbo Smart 38mm wastegate, HKS bov, JGS mani, mm's, & oil line kit, AMS fuel kit w/ 95pd inj's, lc-1 wb, Driveshaft Shop DS, Greddy profec b
bmitchell_ga

Post by bmitchell_ga »

I pulled the motor so I could fix all my oil leaks, install a new oil pump, and timing kit, My car leaks oil so bad for example.

My parking spot. Don't step there after it rains lol.

97 S14
? @ 18psi (corn)

my build thread

bmitchell_ga

Post by bmitchell_ga »

While I got the motor I am tempted to go ahead and build it. But that would chew into my badly needed wheels fund.

Also my plans this spring inclued installing an alum ds, radiator upgrade along with fans, ebc (already have a profec b in route), and maybe and injector upgrade. O and dont forget the new wheels.

I really want to just clean up under the hood and make the car more reliable. I don't daily the car but I always would like for it to be depenable for dailying.
97 S14
? @ 18psi (corn)

my build thread

DrEaMeR_VaNg
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by DrEaMeR_VaNg »

Where was your oil leaking from? Oil pan? Front/rear seal?

Looking good though!
Kouki.Love.
bmitchell_ga

Post by bmitchell_ga »

DrEaMeR_VaNg wrote:Where was your oil leaking from? Oil pan? Front/rear seal?

Looking good though!
Around my bung on the oil pan. I guess I got a pin hole in the weld. Also my front main seal is leaking and I think my timing cover is leaking too. I have dropped the pan In the chassis before and I'm not going threw that again so I just pulled it.
97 S14
? @ 18psi (corn)

my build thread

bmitchell_ga

Post by bmitchell_ga »

For the guy who requested pics of the intercooler piping.

Basically I made the hot side and used the what came with the godspeed kit for the cold side.
97 S14
? @ 18psi (corn)

my build thread

DrEaMeR_VaNg

Post by DrEaMeR_VaNg »

bmitchell_ga wrote:
DrEaMeR_VaNg wrote:Where was your oil leaking from? Oil pan? Front/rear seal?

Looking good though!
Around my bung on the oil pan. I guess I got a pin hole in the weld. Also my front main seal is leaking and I think my timing cover is leaking too. I have dropped the pan In the chassis before and I'm not going threw that again so I just pulled it.
I've dropped and install the pan under the chassis before too and it is a PITA that's why I'm gonna pull the whole damn motor out when I turbo my car next month. LOL.

That sounds like you already know what to replace, hope all goes well. :)
Kouki.Love.
bmitchell_ga

Post by bmitchell_ga »

Alos does anybody know what this is? I was looking at my old short ram intake and noticed it was still in there.

I just plugged it back into my harness. It didn't change anything though. I think it's the

IAT sensor. Should I have this hooked up? Do I need to have this mounted in my

intercooler piping? If so, can someone post pics of how they mounted it in their's. It was

just kinda stuck in my old intake.
Last edited by bmitchell_ga on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
97 S14
? @ 18psi (corn)

my build thread

Unbound Yuurei

Post by Unbound Yuurei »

HAHA i'm that guy that requested a engine bay pic!.... Noice!!!! your BOV looks exactly like mines. Did you fab the Intake Side Pipings as well? Haha sorry for the barrage of PMs >_<.
bmitchell_ga

Post by bmitchell_ga »

Unbound Yuurei wrote:HAHA i'm that guy that requested a engine bay pic!.... Noice!!!! your BOV looks exactly like mines. Did you fab the Intake Side Pipings as well? Haha sorry for the barrage of PMs >_<.
Yea I ordered a couple bends online and fabbed that myself. I'm proud of my driveway fabbing skills. lol
97 S14
? @ 18psi (corn)

my build thread

Unbound Yuurei

Post by Unbound Yuurei »

bmitchell_ga wrote:
Unbound Yuurei wrote:HAHA i'm that guy that requested a engine bay pic!.... Noice!!!! your BOV looks exactly like mines. Did you fab the Intake Side Pipings as well? Haha sorry for the barrage of PMs >_<.
Yea I ordered a couple bends online and fabbed that myself. I'm proud of my driveway fabbing skills. lol
Man i wish i had your skills >_<. I'm planning on ordering mine from enjuku. And are we going to see you crank to 20lbs? :o
bmitchell_ga

Post by bmitchell_ga »

Unbound Yuurei wrote:
bmitchell_ga wrote:
Man i wish i had your skills >_<. I'm planning on ordering mine from enjuku. And are we going to see you crank to 20lbs? :o
Maybe 15psi if I get bigger injectors. I'm on a stock motor still.
97 S14
? @ 18psi (corn)

my build thread

DrEaMeR_VaNg

Post by DrEaMeR_VaNg »

bmitchell_ga wrote:Alos does anybody know what this is? I was looking at my old short ram intake and noticed it was still in there.

I just plugged it back into my harness. It didn't change anything though. I think it's the IAT sensor. Should I have this hooked up? Am I suppose to have this mounted in my intercooler piping? If so can someone post pics of hoe they mounted the their"s. I was just kinda stuck in my old intake.
That should be the IAT sensor. I swear when I don't have that plugged up when it's NA the motor doesn't turn over for some reason so I plunged a hole into my Injen intake. Ghetto rig!? LOL
Kouki.Love.
sicks13

Post by sicks13 »

You are running an OBD 1 jumper harness right?? if you are you don't need the IAT sensor, thats why it doesn't make a difference if its plugged in or not..
bmitchell_ga

Post by bmitchell_ga »

Has anyone got any input on using the xcessive mani while still having s14 cams? I was really wanting to just clean up the bay. On the stock motor I'm sure I can't justify the need for one right now with my setup. But it would always be there when the time comes.
I wouldn't mind giving up a little power on the bottom end as long as I get some up top. The car dosen't feel as strong in the higher rpm's specially when shifting into 3rd right now.
97 S14
? @ 18psi (corn)

my build thread

bmitchell_ga

Post by bmitchell_ga »

sicks13 wrote:You are running an OBD 1 jumper harness right?? if you are you don't need the IAT sensor, thats why it doesn't make a difference if its plugged in or not..
I didn't use a jumper. I did the OBD 1 conversion using the JWT pinout diagram with a 95 ecu. Same difference?
97 S14
? @ 18psi (corn)

my build thread

sicks13

Post by sicks13 »

Yeah.
street_240sx
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by street_240sx »

Loving to setup. Made 329 HP on. Stock internals, gives me a lot more hope lol
03 evo8 gsr: stroker 2.3 ;)

04 evo8 gsr: totalled

96 integra gsr: sold

89 s13 coupe: stock dohc, gt3076, megasquirt

started 3/15/08, running 1/18/09, finally turbo 2/9/14 lmfao
all shal perrish

Post by all shal perrish »

bmitchell_ga wrote:
are we going to see you crank to 20lbs?

PUSSY :)
i ran 23+ off my hx35 and 92 pump for quite a while, i still would but dont even get to drive the car anymore im so stinkin bussy with work
www.autovaughnperformance.com

NISTUNE EXCELLENT TUNING AT AN EXCELLENT PRICE (pm with questions regarding)

I AM ON THE HUNT FOR JWT CAM GEARS..
if you have some, pm me
bmitchell_ga

Post by bmitchell_ga »

all shal perrish wrote:
bmitchell_ga wrote:
are we going to see you crank to 20lbs?

PUSSY :)
i ran 23+ off my hx35 and 92 pump for quite a while, i still would but dont even get to drive the car anymore im so stinkin bussy with work
That's amazing. I didn't think the stock motor would hold that much boost. Do you still have your security company? And I guess I am what I eat. :D
97 S14
? @ 18psi (corn)

my build thread

all shal perrish

Post by all shal perrish »

yes yes and yes :)
www.autovaughnperformance.com

NISTUNE EXCELLENT TUNING AT AN EXCELLENT PRICE (pm with questions regarding)

I AM ON THE HUNT FOR JWT CAM GEARS..
if you have some, pm me
Theo23
240sx Wannabe

Post by Theo23 »

Nice build. Everything takes time.. don't rush any decisions and you'll be happier in the end!

My red '95 had a pin stripe like yours.. First thing I did when I got it home ( albeit, this was in '99) was remove the stripe. It will look 10 times nicer IMHO. It is weird tho that they didn't even follow the body line.

I hear ya on the in-bay pan removal.. not fun. My engine is out now too and I will also be fixing my bung's pin holes heh..
bmitchell_ga

Post by bmitchell_ga »

Theo23 wrote:Nice build. Everything takes time.. don't rush any decisions and you'll be happier in the end!

My red '95 had a pin stripe like yours.. First thing I did when I got it home ( albeit, this was in '99) was remove the stripe. It will look 10 times nicer IMHO. It is weird tho that they didn't even follow the body line.

I hear ya on the in-bay pan removal.. not fun. My engine is out now too and I will also be fixing my bung's pin holes heh..
Yea I've been wanting to take off that pin stripe since I bought the car. I was just scared I would have a red pinstripe underneath. That would probaly be better though lol.
97 S14
? @ 18psi (corn)

my build thread

Theo23
240sx Wannabe

Post by Theo23 »

You may have a tan line, but a quick buff would probably blend it in alright.
bmitchell_ga

Post by bmitchell_ga »

Profec B came in today

Wow this thing is smaller than I thought it would be.
97 S14
? @ 18psi (corn)

my build thread

katrecipe
**BANNED**

intercooler piping

Post by katrecipe »

i like the hot-side intercooler piping setup looks real good, in fact the whole car looks clean
I was a moron and I got banned!
bmitchell_ga

Post by bmitchell_ga »

Didn't get much done this weekend cause of the wifes b-day. But today I removed my intake mani and started taking off evap and egr stuff. No emissions in GA ftw.

How you like my labatory haha :)

97 S14
? @ 18psi (corn)

my build thread

Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

bmitchell_ga wrote:Didn't get much done this weekend cause of the wifes b-day. But today I removed my intake mani and started taking off evap and egr stuff. No emissions in GA ftw.

How you like my labatory haha :)

So clean! I like it a lot! I can't wait to own my own house....

Build looks great btw.
PM me if you're interested in getting something powder coated!
bmitchell_ga

Post by bmitchell_ga »

Well I decided to skip on getting the xxr 527's. And finally decided to go 5-lug

New shoes

Mb battles 17x 9.5 +15 wrapped in Nt05 rubber 235/40's and 255/40's
97 S14
? @ 18psi (corn)

my build thread