how is this legal?

All non-car chat in here...discuss the weather, politics or whatever.
tom550
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

how is this legal?

Post by tom550 »

So my school has a parking lot for students who can leave school early or come late. You need a red tag to park there and the rest or the school gets green tags and a whole other parking lot. Then the staff gets their lot as well. So we all have different lots.

Now the red lot gets over full very often. Where people have to park on the side of the school roads. They are out of the way and not in the main road. Just on the road that goes around the school.

So one day it got over full but this time the security decided to sticker every car that wassnt in a parking spot. Or if they were in the wrong lot. Basicky they stickered everyone cuz they don't have a big enough parking lot.

Are they allowed to do this? This can be vandalism. Yes were on their property but they are doing this to our property. And those stickers are hard to get off. Have you tried. It's a ***** to get off. You have to get like googone and a razor and sit there for like a hour to just get it off, I could compair this to if someone put paint or sharpy on your car. so if they ran out of stickers can they just grab a sharpy and write "your not suppose to park here" down the side of my car? you can remove that without damaging my car. but it still takes time and effert or having to pay someone.

i have heard of someone who had to pay $25 to get the sticker removed.

How are they allowed to do this? Does this give me the right to sticker their cars?

Realize they never said or had a sign saying you can't park on the side. If you saw the parking lot and where they park then you would realize where they park would work perfectly as a parking spot.

They have no right to vandalize my property. Especially cuz they are just school security and dont have right to do anything. they could always just get out licence plate, go to their computer and see what student it is and call him to move his car. they have all our info for our cars and who drives them.

vandalism: destructive action, the malicious and deliberate defacement or destruction of somebody else's property

defacement: to mar the surface or appearance of; disfigure: to deface a wall by writing on it.

stickering is illegal because its seen as vandalism.
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

lmao. unless it's a public road, which it sounds like it's not, they have the right to do whatever they want to your car if it's on their private property. if you have a problem with it, then don't park there or ride a bus/bike. You're lucky they just put a sticker on your window rather than towing your car. Imagine paying the bill to get your car out of impound. It's much more of a hassle than a sticker. if you have passes to designate which lot you can park in, then park in the lot your sticker allows you to. If its full, GET THERE EARLIER! If it's as much of a problem as you say it is, start a petition for additional parking and pass it on to your parking/transit department at school.
Built KA24DE: Wiseco 9.0:1 | Eagle H Beams | ARP Head & Main Studs | BC 272s & Springs | Supertech Valves
Boost Source: Under Construction

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

why do you have so many problems?
biggie
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by biggie »

TinyT wrote:why do you have so many problems?
I figured it out when he was talking about HS in this thread.
'93 Coupe GT32e/'93 Vert/'03 G35C

Always Broke!!!
Jordan Gladman

Post by Jordan Gladman »

That sounds like BS to me, I would spray paint the door to the school and write.

"This is to inform you that you do not have enough parking spaces, please create more."

If you get busted, just tell them you're returning the favor and paint is just as easy to remove as a cheap sticker.

I look forward to seeing you on Judge Judy. :lol:
WWW.GLADFAB.COM SOHC Turbo Manifolds
tom550

Post by tom550 »

Hahaha were planning on getting those stickers and placing them all all staff of the school as a senior prank.

I can see it's their property but your car is your property. I should invite them over and get a friend to cover their car in those stickers. And just laugh when they try to do something. If they do just get all students who got one on their car to fight against it,
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

Must be nice only having to worry about things like this rather than real life stuff.

I wish the most I had to worry about each day was a sticker that was hard to peel off.
Built KA24DE: Wiseco 9.0:1 | Eagle H Beams | ARP Head & Main Studs | BC 272s & Springs | Supertech Valves
Boost Source: Under Construction

tom550

Post by tom550 »

what do you consider real world
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

wife, kids, mortgage, full time work/career, property taxes, etc.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
Walperstyle

Post by Walperstyle »

TinyT wrote:why do you have so many problems?
Tom is actually a woman. :lol:
emo_tactical9

Post by emo_tactical9 »

TryingToTurbo wrote:Must be nice only having to worry about things like this rather than real life stuff.

I wish the most I had to worry about each day was a sticker that was hard to peel off.
:stupid:
Just call me Adam.
95 240: DIYPNP and T28.
08 Honda Fit
84 200sx: Sold after almost 10 years.
My file hosting:Calum,MegaSquirt,FSM
TanManS14

Post by TanManS14 »

Lol, to know that tom is in highschool makes me slightly more sympathetic toward his homosexual tendencies. Though i was in highschool when i joined the forums but still.

You need to do research on what actually constitutes a right.

Enjoy it while it lasts. Highschool was my favorite time in my life. All my friends were there, had lived in the same city since i was 3, so i knew everyone, school was easy as hell, no work, and just wrenching on cars with buds. Good times.
It's always broken.
tom550

Post by tom550 »

they got all crazy strict on us today. pretty much is we do anything were not graduating. pisses me off even more. after i get out then im going to totally ***** with them. they changed our class song after we already voted it in cuz they said it was drug related. WTF what song isnt.
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

tom550 wrote:they got all crazy strict on us today. pretty much is we do anything were not graduating. pisses me off even more. after i get out then im going to totally **** with them. they changed our class song after we already voted it in cuz they said it was drug related. WTF what song isnt.
your class song should be Rebecca Black-Friday.
tom550

Post by tom550 »

***** ya!!!!
Walperstyle

Post by Walperstyle »

the teletubby song, after-all its his generation isnt it?
biggie
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by biggie »

Will amaze everyone currently in HS how much it does not matter a couple years later.

And if HS is the best time you've had, I would recommend college.
'93 Coupe GT32e/'93 Vert/'03 G35C

Always Broke!!!
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

wait how is that a big deal.

just say you want to speed one day, then some dick f**K behind you was to speed also. cop see's you pulls you over then the guy behind you stops to. WTF!!! now its a street racing tickit. now how is this legal?
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

You should be a grownup about it, and maturely detail the cause of the overflow, with an attached list of students who have signed a petition not to have stickers put on their cars, and potentially for the school to pay for removal of those that are still on the cars.

Try that. Give it to your principal the way they want it, not the way they expect it (which is you doing nothing, or just bitching in the hall, or doing vandalism... etc).
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
TanManS14

Post by TanManS14 »

biggie wrote:Will amaze everyone currently in HS how much it does not matter a couple years later.

Im going. Not as much fun.
It's always broken.
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

TanManS14 wrote:
biggie wrote:Will amaze everyone currently in HS how much it does not matter a couple years later.

Im going. Not as much fun.
same here. I really dont like the people at the university I go to. I go home on the weekends to bro down with my real friends. All the bitches at my college think their **** dont stink, and the dudes walk around with their chests out lookin for a fight. I lulz at them on the reg. Still a good time, but not the best time of my life.
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

lmfao, people at your university act tough and got a chip on their shoulder? L M F A O... KIDS.

You should transfer to Humboldt State University. I believe the mean age is about 26.

You won't find anyone acting like that. People are too busy actually learning because they're old enough to know it actually matters to actually know what you are actually paying actual money to get a real degree in.....

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
Walperstyle

Post by Walperstyle »

I think thats true with every university. Its mostly a bunch of kids there on parents money, partying.

I admire people that go there to learn something.
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

Walperstyle wrote:I think thats true with every university. Its mostly a bunch of kids there on parents money, partying.

I admire people that go there to learn something.
That's how community college is, haha.

tom550

Post by tom550 »

8-bit wrote:You should be a grownup about it, and maturely detail the cause of the overflow, with an attached list of students who have signed a petition not to have stickers put on their cars, and potentially for the school to pay for removal of those that are still on the cars.

Try that. Give it to your principal the way they want it, not the way they expect it (which is you doing nothing, or just bitching in the hall, or doing vandalism... etc).
thats a good idea but wheres the fun in that? but if that bs happens again then i probably will do that. i want to still slap a few of those stickers on their cars but im trying to figure out how i can graduate and still do it lol.
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

tom550 wrote:trying to figure out how i can graduate and still do it lol.
how about you do it after you graduate? :? but it still seems a little childish and won't prove eny thing.
tom550

Post by tom550 »

like i said wheres the fun in that. would still be nice to have a senior prank. especially cuz were the first graduating class to have been there all 4 years. would be nice to go out with a bang. lol
TanManS14

Post by TanManS14 »

For weals. Idk. People in college act like its a do over or something. Like if they didnt meet friends in high school, now they can be the cool, different, funny guy and have a bunch of friends and be a hipster. Idk, i was over those type of people in HS, let alone college. People try to push social activities WAY too hard.

As far as HS, "dont screw around"! as the shop teacher from southpark would say. You have to remember,and are most likely reminded everyday, that it is not real life inside the HS. IE, they can do w/e they want to you.

For example. This one time, this retard named Mugen told everyone that he **** in the bathroom, so we were all pretty stoked that he literally had the balls to just squat in the middle of the damn batthroom and take a dump. Needless to say, we had to go check out this monster of a turd. Naturally, we all came out laughing pretty hard. Which did not go unnoticed. Later that day i get called out of class. They called every one of my friends in, and (i assume) told them the same thing they told me. If you dont tell us who did it, we're suspending you. IE. Blackmail. Point being, they can do w/e the ***** they want man. Regardless of right or wrong. These are the type of tactics that go on all the time in these counselors **** little lives, and they would love an excuse to drag you down to their level. Dont let it happen.
It's always broken.
tom550

Post by tom550 »

true true. most likely we will end up not doing it because of just that reason. its tempting but it seems like they can do whatever. so ill probably just leave it alone. just have been thinking about this a lot and just theres too much to risk. so many things can go wrong and mess up all ive worked for.
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

tom550 wrote:like i said wheres the fun in that. would still be nice to have a senior prank. especially cuz were the first graduating class to have been there all 4 years. would be nice to go out with a bang. lol
I thought you had a serious complaint with some level of seriously being offended. I didn't realize this was you looking for a reason to 'have some devious fun'.

In that case, go play MW2 and scream at some 9 year olds.