KA24E Getting to much fuel w stock injectors?

Yup, post them single slammers here....
priest260
Dreams of owning a 240!

KA24E Getting to much fuel w stock injectors?

Post by priest260 »

Ok I havent posted here in a long while but I have been very busy. I order a poop ton of parts for my sohc. here is the list.....

Performance Engine Rebuild Kit from IPP:
Includes..
Wiseco Stock size dished pistons
every seal/gasket you need for the whole engine (which was freakin awesome)
Custom Machined copper Head Gasket (30psi)
Main bearings
Rod bearings
High volume oil pump

I also bought....
Eagle H beam rods
Port and polished head w 3 angle valve job
Colt triflow 2 cam
All timing components from the sprokets to the chain tensioners
timing chain cover
Xcessive Man. Intake plenum
Act High Performance Clutch

I finally strated the rebuild everything went smoothly. It is all back together and in the car, but................. you guessed it .. It wont start.

For some reason the cylinders keep flooding with way to much fuel. I don't know what the hell is wrong. The timing is dead on Myself and and two professional mechanic checked all the timing indications and settings. They are spot on.

JORDAN I need you bud if you have any idea please help me out. Oh and you too Mark I know youre out there too.
kcuf toilet bowl racing!
eazye2000
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by eazye2000 »

So it's an SOHC, so no fuel rail leaking down. I'm not sure what to make of it.
priest260
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by priest260 »

me neither.... the amount of fuel that was in the cylinders after 2 or 3 cranks was rediculou. It's like my 270cc injectors were replaced with water hoses lol
kcuf toilet bowl racing!
KA4LIFE
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by KA4LIFE »

What ecu are you running?
Soon to be KA24ER!
priest260
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by priest260 »

idk for sure but it is the same one i drove in with and i never had any problem with it before.
kcuf toilet bowl racing!
Jordan Gladman
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Jordan Gladman »

Almost sounds like you're getting a full out MAF signal. Are all the cylinders flooding or just 1 or 2?

Are you running an S-AFC? if so, what does the AF% say at start up?
WWW.GLADFAB.COM SOHC Turbo Manifolds
priest260
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by priest260 »

All cylinders are flooded . No I don't have an safc bc I haven't bought one
kcuf toilet bowl racing!
priest260
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by priest260 »

Ok i have a few theories.
I've read that the o-rings on the injectors could cause the flooding. Supposedly if they are messed up then way too much fuel gets in the engine.

OR

When i installed the crank pulley and tried to torque it of course the engine turned over.So I spun the engine over to set it at tdc per the pulley. The timing chain was on correctly and at tdc before i turned the engine over. When i set the engine at tdc by the pulley I think i may have actually set it on the first timing mark not the second mark. Would that cause my problem?
kcuf toilet bowl racing!
priest260
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by priest260 »

Ok I've got more theories for things that may cause my severe fuel flooding issue.

1. The Engine/Coolant temp sensor may have gone hay wire on me. I have track this sensor down through some posts, and supposedly if this sensor goes bad the ECU resets to a factory preset. this preset show the engine being colder than it really is. So to warm up the engine the ECU dumps more fuel than needed thus flooding the cylinders.

2. TPS sensor.... Appearantly the previous owners of my car did a engine swap. The new engine ( the one I have now) must have been out of a auto but my car is a manual. When I hooked the wiring harness up I made sure as usual to plug all connectors in. The TPS sensor, from what I gather, is different between the two auto and manual. If I plugged both connectors into the Auto tps sensor then its sending a false reading to my ECU. It's telling my ECU that the throttle is wide open when it's not.

3. MAF Sensor.... If this is F'ED then it could be sending incorrect signals to my ECU. I highly doubt this but it could be a factor.

Let me know if any of this sounds like I may be on the right track.
My car is at a friends house two hours away and thats why I can't test all this out personally.
kcuf toilet bowl racing!
priest260
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by priest260 »

Well any advice guys?
kcuf toilet bowl racing!
melvingoku
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by melvingoku »

how bout a bad fuel pressure regulator? :D

also are u running boost or is it just N/A?
priest260
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by priest260 »

I don't believe its a bad fpr but could be.... I"ll have to check later. The engine is firing on the number 2 cylinder only and thats freakin weird to me. IDK why it will fire on one cylinder.
kcuf toilet bowl racing!
priest260
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by priest260 »

Took codes from the ECU finally. The only code I got was 13 and that is the engine coolant temp sensor. Hit up O'Reilly's and replaced it. Still no help. I guess I need to grab a FPR and replace that. I really doubt that is what would keep the car for starting at all. With a bad FPR I would think the car might run poorly and rich but not cease to function period lol.

I'm going mad with this problem :evil: ...... I just can't figure out what it could be..... Someone has had to had this problem before. I'm still taking suggestions.
kcuf toilet bowl racing!
priest260
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by priest260 »

Another update. I went home last night and ripped into my intake plenum and manifold because i just wanted to look for fuel possibly pooling in the intake. Well I found alot more than just fuel. I had a concocsion of fuel+antifreeze+oil pooled up like an inch deep in myintake manifold. IDK how antifreeze got into my manifold. :? The only thing about this that helps is i know why the engine won't start...... All gaskets and seals have been replaced. My headgasket isn't blown because the engine hasn't even started yet. On top of that I have a solid copper headgasket. The Timing Chain and components have been replaced so its not getting into my oil that way. I'm thinking I hada line mixed up or something.
kcuf toilet bowl racing!
melvingoku
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by melvingoku »

if ur fpr is bad it wont start. my grand am had a bad fpr. it would flood the engine with gasoline. went straight to the oil. smell ur oil and see if it smell like gas.

as far as ur coolant in the intake there are coolant passage ways in the sohc intake manifold.