AEM EMS Experts Look Here

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
Jus14
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

AEM EMS Experts Look Here

Post by Jus14 »

Ok so i havent really had time to mess with my car in a while,so im about to get back on it again i am to the point of it running on stock computer to start and idle and such but with the fuel system apparently it wont do that burning so rich... im looking to when i plug the ems back up and load my map if by using the calibration map i assume i will need cut my fuel back quiet a bit from 680cc as to the stock 270cc injectors....so is there a calculation method to this..and whats the simplest way to understand how to cut it down little by little and run it according to the wideband until i get ideal a/f?
Zip Tie Racing
www.NissanNation.com
s14det

Post by s14det »

Aemtuner will adjust for you. Just type in old injectors and new injectors and it will auto scale it.

Once the car is running lower/raise the value in the fuel cell to get the correct A/F on your wideband.
all shal perrish
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by all shal perrish »

in aem pro

highlight your ENTIRE fuel map, right click change injectors / pressure

enter in new injector size in cc or w/e unit you choose enter new fuel pressure

enter in old injector size enter in old pressure

press ok

select new injectors from the batt offset wizzard table. DONE
www.autovaughnperformance.com

NISTUNE EXCELLENT TUNING AT AN EXCELLENT PRICE (pm with questions regarding)

I AM ON THE HUNT FOR JWT CAM GEARS..
if you have some, pm me
Jus14

Post by Jus14 »

Thanks guys i will give this a try....
Zip Tie Racing
www.NissanNation.com
franman

Post by franman »

All good info as usual from KA-t.org! That should get you rolling keep us updated though ;)
Jus14

Post by Jus14 »

Ok guys just wanted say thanks again got the car running still a little rich,but turning it down little at a time, so is there a minimum i shouldnt turn the fuel below percentage wise or could i just turn down the pressure for new injectors its set on 3 bar now i think.. and second question my timing is reading out but idle is not great its not right on but close can i just go to the wizard and advance or retard it one by one til i get a good solid idle or what would be the best way to go about that?
Zip Tie Racing
www.NissanNation.com
s13grady
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by s13grady »

Monitor the afr's with a wideband. That device will decipher how much fuel adjustment you will need to work on in order to attain optimal afr's.

set base timing on the motor stock.
you can use aems ign maps to retard and advance as youd like.
92 s13 ka24det sc61 project.
street trim sleeper
joshpntbl07

Post by joshpntbl07 »

read up on the ign vs idle rpm table. lots of good info on the aemelectronics.com forum.
Jus14

Post by Jus14 »

yeah i been using my wideband just didnt know if there was a minimum on percentage or pressure for fuel....and yeah i have read the aem stuff but instead of helpful most of the time they are d*cks on there
Zip Tie Racing
www.NissanNation.com
cypher02xd
240sx Wannabe

Post by cypher02xd »

Jus14 wrote:Ok guys just wanted say thanks again got the car running still a little rich,but turning it down little at a time, so is there a minimum i shouldnt turn the fuel below percentage wise or could i just turn down the pressure for new injectors its set on 3 bar now i think.. and second question my timing is reading out but idle is not great its not right on but close can i just go to the wizard and advance or retard it one by one til i get a good solid idle or what would be the best way to go about that?
First things first (just to make sure): When you plugged in the ems did you go and configure the throttle input? This is done with the key on and engine off and go up to "configure", then "ecu setup" and "set throttle range". You should've done that first after loading the calibration file to the ems.

After you've set that up correctly, you'll need to set your ignition timing properly so what the ems says is matching what the actual engine is at. In order to do that, allow the engine to warm up to operating temperature then go to "configure", "ecu setup" then "set ignition timing". At this point you will need to pull out your timing light you will see a screen which IIRC, says "20.3*: on it. That's the ignition timing the ecu thinks it is at. Take your timing light to the crank pulley and see where you are at. (It's helpful to have a helper here). If you are not at 20* then you will need to either advance or retard the ignition timing, which that screen will allow you to do. It's important to note that the VALUE ON THE SCREEN will stay put, you're trying to match the actual timing on the gun with the one on the screen. Once you have it set where it should be then go ahead and lock the timing in and you're good to go.

Did you set the gain on the o2 sensor when you hooked it up? or is your aem ems the uego version in which you don't need to modify it? If you wired it in to a non-uego you will need to modify the o2 gain to get the voltage to match correctly so the ems knows where stoich is.
Jus14

Post by Jus14 »

Thanks for the reply.....

Yes i did my throttle voltage first and timing i set mechanically lined it all up and it was about right at 20* the reason i was wondering it gives no timing error except one or two when it starts but no other you did answer what i was wondering if i could just advance or retard until it matched but the problem is ive got fuel cut way way back still cant get a solid idle to sync my timing correctly but it is running at 17* right now ....i am going to replace plugs cap and button they are looking a little worn and im thinking may be a little fouled from when i started it when it was overfueled....and the ems and uego suppose to sync being series 2 and it matches screen and voltage matches a voltometer so its looking good there
Zip Tie Racing
www.NissanNation.com
cypher02xd
240sx Wannabe

Post by cypher02xd »

What do you mean you're hitting fuel cut early? Can you elaborate more? is it a certain load, throttle position? what maf are you running? Whats your setup and what tune are you using? the start up calibration from AEM?
Jus14

Post by Jus14 »

Sorry....Ill try to clarify a little better...

Im not getting a fuel cut at all i have cut m fuel percentage way back to get my idle straight to then sync my timing correctly...ill respond more on that after my tune up plugs cap button...etc

I am not running a MAF at all im running a 3 bar gm map sensor...

and yes a start up calibration with my own tweaks to get fuel and timing closer to idle smooth...
Zip Tie Racing
www.NissanNation.com