Notchback 5.0 Mustang Supercharged

Street races, kills, losses, etc
peter32582
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Notchback 5.0 Mustang Supercharged

Post by peter32582 »

I was giving one of my friends a ride and decided to pump some gas first, just cruising to the local E85 gas station. As I turned the corner to the main street a 1989 Notchback Mustang pulls out of a parking lot and quickly pulls next to me. We line up at the next light just as it was turning yellow so we had some time to chat. I looked over and noticed he had street slicks on and skinny drag tires on the front, but the most noticeable thing was the BIG ASS blower that was bolted to his engine. That thing had HUGE cams in it also cause it looped like no tomorrow. He looked over at me and with his semi chubby girlfriend sitting shotgun, and said "cute car" and chuckled. I didn't reply and just waited for the light. The light turned green and we both gunned it, his front end actually got off the ground about 6 inches or so and I was breaking tracking with Pirrelli P6 all-season tires. Funny thing though, I was pulling away from him, as I shifted into third I started braking.

We continued to drive side by side, the road opened up and we slowed to 40mph with me in second gear brake boosting at 7psi. He pulled back about a car length think that he was gonna jump on me and wanted to give me a fair chance or something. Well he honked three times and I took off on him. I hit third gear, forth gear, and into fifth gear, I look down at the speedo and I'm doing 120+mph. I look back at my rear view mirror and and he's about 1 1/2 bus lengths behind me. My friend that was in the car with me is freaking out, but he is more amazed at the power of my car. I slow down and was gonna make a comment to the Mustang owner, but he keeps his two car distance behind me. I slow down to 20mph just so i can get beside him and he turns off on the next exit, LMAO...........

My friend won't ride in my car now......

This was only at 20psi with 460whp.

508whp and 421wtq at 23psi on E85

Elite Auto Engineering
1607 99TH LANE NE, BLAINE, MN 55449
www.eliteautoengineering.com/
schmauster920
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by schmauster920 »

Great story man, it makes it even better when the guys talk sh*t. That guy probably had 30k into that thing it gets 2 miles a gallon, and it wouldnt even hit a corner at a decent speed haha

Stock or built bottom end? I assume built
D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Beautiful. That is what I love best, the odds and when you overcome them.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

<3
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
carcrzy920
240sx Wannabe

Post by carcrzy920 »

haha this is GREAT, got a local mustang guy around my area with a procharged foxbody at 14lbs or **** making like 500whp, and my buddys z06 corvette got beat by it by like 2 car lengths so once my motors done i can wait to see what i do to him...if i can get traction... lol
emo_tactical9

Post by emo_tactical9 »

I hate to be the guy, but he didn't pull a wheelie on the street.
If he did he would have had to launch so hard he would be gone.
Just call me Adam.
95 240: DIYPNP and T28.
08 Honda Fit
84 200sx: Sold after almost 10 years.
My file hosting:Calum,MegaSquirt,FSM
jaysk8salot92
NooB

Post by jaysk8salot92 »

schmauster920 wrote:Great story man, it makes it even better when the guys talk sh*t. That guy probably had 30k into that thing it gets 2 miles a gallon, and it wouldnt even hit a corner at a decent speed haha

Stock or built bottom end? I assume built
im sorry but you must not know that much about foxbodys. 30k into a 5.0 and it will walk just about everything on the street. notch backs are actually very light cars and most people dont bother with suspension on em. but they can handle very well if you do go on coilovers
Nice truck man, sorry to hear about your small penis
emo_tactical9

Post by emo_tactical9 »

jaysk8salot92 wrote: im sorry but you must not know that much about foxbodys. 30k into a 5.0 and it will walk just about everything on the street. notch backs are actually very light cars and most people dont bother with suspension on em. but they can handle very well if you do go on coilovers
This post is funny on so many levels.
Just call me Adam.
95 240: DIYPNP and T28.
08 Honda Fit
84 200sx: Sold after almost 10 years.
My file hosting:Calum,MegaSquirt,FSM
jaysk8salot92
NooB

Post by jaysk8salot92 »

emo_tactical9 wrote:
jaysk8salot92 wrote: im sorry but you must not know that much about foxbodys. 30k into a 5.0 and it will walk just about everything on the street. notch backs are actually very light cars and most people dont bother with suspension on em. but they can handle very well if you do go on coilovers
This post is funny on so many levels.
please elaborate
Nice truck man, sorry to hear about your small penis
azS13
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by azS13 »

I will say nice kill, but its slightly unbelievable that he lifted 6 inches off the ground.. my friend has a foxbody that will run low tens and doesnt lift the front end when he launches on the track.
91 240sx- always broken
1jz project started May 2011
Running finally Oct 5, 2014
R34SR wrote: 240sx = half sports car half truck.....cant decide if you want to track it or tow a boat.