N60 MAFS WITH PURPLE STICKER!!!!IS THERE A POINT IN BUYING?

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
ka-tnoobtuber
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

N60 MAFS WITH PURPLE STICKER!!!!IS THERE A POINT IN BUYING?

Post by ka-tnoobtuber »

n60 mafs(a36-000 N60) should i use this or just go with a z32/n62 / Ive searched and seached and i find threads talking about n60's but with know specific info !! ya know like hp ratings and such . I found one and a guy said it only supports like 10 more hp then the factor one? is this true or what? if its just a 10hp diffrence then i dont see why ppl want them and why they wouldnt go with something that supports alot more then just 10 hp . If this has been discussed just point me in the right direction and ill do the rest. But as of right now im not finding anything so im asking for some help, Thanks everyone :wink:
Me and my car have a love/hate relationshi* :)
beercandrifter
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by beercandrifter »

the p60 maf is for around 450hp, comes off of an infinity q45.

if you are tuning it yourself and you get one for a good deal, no reason not to use one. if you are trying to get a preorder tune, z32 is more in abundance for tunes

and for reference, the stock q45 has about 300hp, so if you subtract the stock 150hp from 300hp it adds up to more than 10. unless its new math =)
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
Liteemup39496
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Liteemup39496 »

not true n60 is good for up to 320-350hp, e60 (maxima maf) is slightly more
z32 as Beercan said is in more abundance. p60 mind you is also 4in diameter, where as n62/n60/e60 is 3in. if one did the math you could run a z32 in a larger diameter pipe and effectively raise its hp rating... truly not worth the effort
'89 KAe-T Coupe - on the road to a goal of 400whp with A/C
'91 Hatch - VH45 powered, track duty
'05 Titan - I/H/E VK56 - Tow rig and Daily
Single Jingle love
beercandrifter
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by beercandrifter »

p60s are good for a bit more
http://www.sr20-forum.com/general-sr20/ ... 00-hp.html

uhg, sitting here debating over the wrong maf. i was thinking the p60
n60 he is right, mid 300's
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
Liteemup39496

Post by Liteemup39496 »

look at it this way, n60 mafs are usually used by guys like myself that are tuning there setups them selves via nistune and looking for low to moderate power. beauty is when time comes for more power the mafs are interchangeable as they use the same plug and wiring schematic.

so for the TL:DR

n60/e60 = low/mid power = DIY/Nistune setups
z32/p60 = low/mid/high power = Mail order tunes/DIY/ proper dyno tunes
'89 KAe-T Coupe - on the road to a goal of 400whp with A/C
'91 Hatch - VH45 powered, track duty
'05 Titan - I/H/E VK56 - Tow rig and Daily
Single Jingle love
Freise

Post by Freise »

N60 is cheaper than N62 and tend to be much easier to find in junkyards, and as said, above uses the same wiring as an N62 which makes a great starting point.
Even if the power rating is similar to the stock maf (going off Nistune, at least), the N60 has a 3" housing which is less restrictive and a must if doing a blow-through setup
95 240sx KA24DE-T
S15 Injectors
Z32 blow through
ka-tnoobtuber

Post by ka-tnoobtuber »

Liteemup39496 wrote:not true n60 is good for up to 320-350hp, e60 (maxima maf) is slightly more
z32 as Beercan said is in more abundance. p60 mind you is also 4in diameter, where as n62/n60/e60 is 3in. if one did the math you could run a z32 in a larger diameter pipe and effectively raise its hp rating... truly not worth the effort
ok cool thanks and yea i got a deal on some 370 sr injectors and that n60 mafs for 100 bucks .And yes i will be doing the tuning myself (which i have never done or attempted) but ill be learning pretty soon. But yea i had a buddy today tell me that he thought they maxed out at like 275? so he is wrong? If so imma tell him lol that way he knows to . And i didnt even know about e60's nor p60's ? apparently i need to be learning my options before choosing and buying stuff. lol if you would list them for me so that i know what im looking at (ex. z32-300zx) if thats cool, if not thats fine to. I can do some searching tomorrow . I just figure you prob know them off the top of your head . And thanks for the info if it supports mid 300's thats good for now i wont be going higher then 300 for sure ( not yet anyway)
Thanks everyone for the info
ka-tnoobtuber

Post by ka-tnoobtuber »

Freise wrote:N60 is cheaper than N62 and tend to be much easier to find in junkyards, and as said, above uses the same wiring as an N62 which makes a great starting point.
Even if the power rating is similar to the stock maf (going off Nistune, at least), the N60 has a 3" housing which is less restrictive and a must if doing a blow-through setup
so that means i wouldnt need to cut anything again right id just switch mafs and use the same pig tail ? yea that is great .
And yea i will be going blow thru just to avoid that whole (unmetered) air thing cause im not recirculating the bov and i dont want that stumble coming down from high rpms.
Which makes me wonder , can nistune fix that prob even if i dont go blow thru ? or is that a must to avoid that prob?? thanks
Freise

Post by Freise »

ka-tnoobtuber wrote: so that means i wouldnt need to cut anything again right id just switch mafs and use the same pig tail ? yea that is great .
And yea i will be going blow thru just to avoid that whole (unmetered) air thing cause im not recirculating the bov and i dont want that stumble coming down from high rpms.
Which makes me wonder , can nistune fix that prob even if i dont go blow thru ? or is that a must to avoid that prob?? thanks
Correct: the wiring for N60 and N62 is exactly the same. You will need to correct for the different maf, but if you are running Nistune that's just 15 seconds on the laptop.

I would assume it's possible to tune around through nistune, but I believe it is possible to get it to run without a stumble if you set the piping up correctly as well, I think like 8-12" from turbo with a 45-90* bend. It was easier to just go blow through, less to worry about and less piping that can leak before the maf

As for the injectors, with 370's you might be looking at ~250hp, but the most important factor is the duty cycle, you don't want to be much higher than 80% duty cycle at WOT, in the event of a boost spike or over boost you want to be able to inject extra fuel to save your motor.
95 240sx KA24DE-T
S15 Injectors
Z32 blow through
ka-tnoobtuber

Post by ka-tnoobtuber »

Ok cool . well i think im just going to go blow thru just for the fact i can still drive it if i blow piping off and all that good stuff. Like i said i got that n60 and ive already got epoxy around all the seams , i even went on the inside and epoxyed around the base of the element( i made sure that i didnt get any of it on the important part) but i got it all ready to go for blow thru so hopefully it works out good. and yea i know what you mean with the duty cycle . i want some bigger injectors but right now im just trying to get my car driving and on the road . ill save up for some bigger ones later on . im thinking imma try to get some 550s but im not sure yet, ill prob just try to find some that are easy to get ahold of . Question- will nistune let me know what duty cycle ill be at during tuning ? i should be getting nistune in about a week the guy im buying it from is going standalone and i think he got it the other day so it will be soon .
Freise

Post by Freise »

I believe it calculates theoretical duty cycle
95 240sx KA24DE-T
S15 Injectors
Z32 blow through
Ikera
240sx Wannabe

Post by Ikera »

N60 is good up to 300HP at least
cheaper easier to find than N62