Nissan Stanza Ka24et

Also known as badass Altima's
KaStanza
Learners Permit

Nissan Stanza Ka24et

Post by KaStanza »

This is my first post and the start of my build on a Stanza. I will be using this site as a log of my progress. The car started off bought brand new off the lot by my friends parents in 91. Used as a family car and a high school car for my friend and his sister until it stopped working. I bought it off of them for 200 bucks for my new dd because it only needed a clutch. Recently other things started to go wrong with it so I decided to rebuild a turbo sleeper with the ka. (Utah state laws don't allow engine swaps)
Things I already have for the rebuild:
Turbo manifold, T3 turbo (internal wastegate), Cold air piping, 560 evo injectors, DSM resistor box, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Fuel pressure regulator, High flow fuel filter, and aFull 2.5 inch exhaust.
Things I need:
MSD ignition, Z32 MAF, and an Intercooler

Pics of the beater sleeper will be up soon. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
My hp goal is 300 to 350.
wesamiss
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by wesamiss »

pictures!! and welcome to the forums.

My dream is to own a stanza and make it RWD KA24DE-RT... just a dream.
WES
KaStanza
Learners Permit

Post by KaStanza »

Thanks Wesamiss.
I will be able to do all the work myself besides the tune in a very short amount of time as long as $$ doesn't hold me back. I already finished the whole fuel system besides the injectors. I got around the fpr adapter that cost 20 some odd buck by tapping the hole and fitting with a 5/16 fitting.
I'm just to excited about this build. I just really want to beat a few subi's and neon's.
KaStanza
Learners Permit

Post by KaStanza »

So yesterday and today I rebuilt the full fuel system. The fuel pump fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator (I don't want to put in the injectors without being able to tune) and the fuel pump fails on me. Is this common among these car's or do you think I got a dud?
Last edited by KaStanza on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaStanza
Learners Permit

Post by KaStanza »

Also how to I post pics?
KaStanza
Learners Permit

Post by KaStanza »

Eureka it was a 10 amp fuse. I just replaced it with a 15 amp for the stronger pump. Now on to bigger and better things.
Tatsel_Morte
Learners Permit

Post by Tatsel_Morte »

wesamiss wrote:pictures!! and welcome to the forums.

My dream is to own a stanza and make it RWD KA24DE-RT... just a dream.
I'm wanting to do that to my 92. What would it take other than thw engine And tranny swap?
KaStanza
Learners Permit

Post by KaStanza »

I wouldn't even want to begin that project unless you had a lift and a lot of metal fabricating experience. Besides those two things I just listed you would need a lot of time.
KaStanza
Learners Permit

Re: Nissan Stanza Ka24et

Post by KaStanza »

It has been a while but I have finally purchased some new parts for the stanza. I just picked up a used safc ii and will be installing it tonight. No gains will be expected until I purchase the N60 maf and get a resistor box for my evo 560cc injectors. Wish me luck.
KaStanza
Learners Permit

Post by KaStanza »

Old fuel pump.
Old fuel pump.
KaStanza
Learners Permit

Post by KaStanza »

New fuel pump.
New fuel pump.
Fuel pump fully assembled.
Fuel pump fully assembled.
New Fuel Pressure Regulator.
New Fuel Pressure Regulator.
New shiney fuel filter.
New shiney fuel filter.
Tapped the fuel rail for the fuel line connector.
Tapped the fuel rail for the fuel line connector.
Where the fuel pump is located.
Where the fuel pump is located.
KaStanza
Learners Permit

Post by KaStanza »

I just picked up a z32 maf for a steal of a deal. $20 with harness. It was installed along with my safc ii set at 2in 5out on the hotwire so it would run properly. I am currently making a custom 3 inch cold air intake to allow the vacuum lines to still work properly. The injectors and the resistor box will have to wait until I rebuild the block and head.