Project KA24E(T)!!! NEW BUILD PAGE

Yup, post them single slammers here....
KA24ETZTM
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by KA24ETZTM »

Hey guys wanted to show off this sweet piece I know every KA guy could use. Me and my cuz started a machining company and are making several parts. Selling these exclusively through O&J Performance, give him a call if your interested. Anyways not gonna turn this into a for sale post...this thing helped me out though cause my MC was setting right against the turbo. Saved me about 10lbs too. I ran a prop valve as well and the brakes work flawlessly. Anyways here are some pics....I'll be posting dyno results and graph when I get back Friday the 19th. See ya soon!!!

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ka24etztm/videos
My Original Build Thread
: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35224
Current Build Status: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=61790
KA24ETZTM

Post by KA24ETZTM »

Just 3 days away from my tune date over at RLZ Engineering! Picked up a little special sauce...maybe some records will bet set for a SOHC street car. Again goals are 500hp on pump and 600hp on race gas. I made 400hp@12lbs last time. Wish me luck!!
My Original Build Thread
picsbypenny

Post by picsbypenny »

GOOD LUCK!!!!!
95 Silvia - KA24DET | 95 240sx - 2JZ

Build > viewtopic.php?t=57996
hersheskuirt

Post by hersheskuirt »

Good luck man. Can't wait to see what you put down!
KA24ETZTM

Post by KA24ETZTM »

hersheskuirt wrote:Good luck man. Can't wait to see what you put down!
Dude, what happened to your setup man?? I was looking forward to taking some rides...btw you change your number? I called you the other day but got wrong number.
My Original Build Thread
hersheskuirt

Post by hersheskuirt »

KA24ETZTM wrote:
hersheskuirt wrote:Good luck man. Can't wait to see what you put down!
Dude, what happened to your setup man?? I was looking forward to taking some rides...btw you change your number? I called you the other day but got wrong number.
Yeah new number once I got a new job about 3 years ago. Still have the car but I had to put things on hold for a while because I bought a house and got married. I got the car running a few months ago, and was working on somethings, went ot start it and nothing happened. Checked a few things and found out my fuel pump died and the gas tank needs to be cleaned. So just waiting on a chance to clean the tank and install a new pump. Then it will be running again.

I was working in your area the other day, at NCRC.
di-devol

Post by di-devol »

Dyno today? Been watching this forever.
SOHC-T: Arias 8.8 Pistons, AMS Sportsman rods w/ ARP rod bolts, Clevite main and rod bearings, Arp main and head studs, Portmatched head, Garrett TO4E 50 trim .60 .63 a/r, Cxracing FMIC-Intercooler piping, Greddy rs bov, Tial 38mm wastegate, Lc-1 WB, Jgs DP, circut sport sr downpipe, CXracing exhaust, O&J stage2 cam, Aem EMS.

Finally 300hp
KA24ETZTM

Post by KA24ETZTM »

di-devol wrote:Dyno today? Been watching this forever.
Tune date is for tomorrow, April 19th....getting her on the trailer as we speak. I will update tomorrow and try to post a video.
My Original Build Thread
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

Awesome man good luck!

Where did you did the machine work done, in NC somewhere?
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
KA24ETZTM

Post by KA24ETZTM »

airman wrote:Awesome man good luck!

Where did you did the machine work done, in NC somewhere?
Yea, a guy I went to highschool with...his family has a machine shop, 30+ years of experience. Kannapolis Engine Service. They did a great job and didnt chop my arm off. There a lot of crappy machine shops out there so you gotta be careful, and thanks I'm gonna need every bit.
My Original Build Thread
KA24ETZTM

Post by KA24ETZTM »

Ok, so it's been a frustrating day...basically we put the boost down to 10lbs today. Car made well over 400hp and 450ft lbs of torque as we got into the 20lb range with boost solenoid issues. Cannot get it to cooperate...plumbing is right, solenoid clicks turns on and off but will not regulate boost. With a Manuel Controller Howard told me to run 15lbs. So to get to the point, clutch couldn't hold 400+ with a competition stage 5 clutch so didn't get to make any pulls on race gas. Need a Twin Disc Clutch or do you guys have any better suggestions??....Taking a vote and need advice so PLEASE comment. Do I finish paint and body and drive the car and save for a clutch or wait and go back to make final numbers then paint???? I'm torn :cry:
My Original Build Thread
Berserker
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by Berserker »

Well it depends whats your budged and how much you want to spend.
If you can just buy a twin disk deff go for it.

I'm on white bunny 6 puck. 608 whp and it holds. That would be the cheaper alternative. A lot cheaper.
608 whp @ 27.25 psi powered by Precision6262
KA24ETZTM

Post by KA24ETZTM »

Now is that the z33 clutch disc? Only question I have is will it work with me z32 trans kit...I'm thinking RB20 flywheel w/ stage 5 z33 disc...isn't the z33 like 250mm disc. How much would that hold. Thing is next visit to the dyno I want to be finished. Keep having stupid little problems.
My Original Build Thread
KA24ETZTM

Post by KA24ETZTM »

Berserker wrote:Well it depends whats your budged and how much you want to spend.
If you can just buy a twin disk deff go for it.

I'm on white bunny 6 puck. 608 whp and it holds. That would be the cheaper alternative. A lot cheaper.
How much torque did you make, been reading up and just found out competition clutch sales this as a kit with a 6 puck disc...question is do they make a higher pressure plate too? This would save me boo koos of money :D
My Original Build Thread
Berserker

Post by Berserker »

I made 520ish tq, cant remember of the top of my head, but it was around there.

Its a z32 clutch. It worked with my KA trans, ripped the gears. Now I have a z32 trans in there and it still works with that as well.

But I have not tested out on that power hard launches on the track with slicks. I will be testing it out this summer sometime.
KA24ETZTM

Post by KA24ETZTM »

Berserker wrote:I made 520ish tq, cant remember of the top of my head, but it was around there.

Its a z32 clutch. It worked with my KA trans, ripped the gears. Now I have a z32 trans in there and it still works with that as well.

But I have not tested out on that power hard launches on the track with slicks. I will be testing it out this summer sometime.
If you go anytime soon lmk, and if anyone else to add or has any suggestions please comment.
My Original Build Thread
KA24ETZTM

Post by KA24ETZTM »

So looks like the Stage 5 350Z Clutch is good for 600ft lbs to the wheels, based off there website. I think Im going to go with that. The stage 5 I have in there right now is rated at 300.....FAIL!!!
My Original Build Thread
Berserker

Post by Berserker »

Might have to call and confirm if will actually hold that much tq. When I brake this one I'm going to have to go bigger as well. twin disk very expensive.
hersheskuirt

Post by hersheskuirt »

Dude that bites, I was hoping for some good news. Once you get the right clutch in there you will be able to but down the numbers you want,
KA24ETZTM

Post by KA24ETZTM »

hersheskuirt wrote:Dude that bites, I was hoping for some good news. Once you get the right clutch in there you will be able to but down the numbers you want,
Yea, I'm working on figuring out this boost solenoid today. If I can get those 2 things fixed the car will deff put down 600 on race gas. We can get real close to 500 on pump. I'm driving around now with 350 and its stupid! Crazy thing is this cam, KA's from what I've seen start to taper off at 7000rpm...my curve never stops goin up. Howard said if he could spin it to the moon it would keep making power!
My Original Build Thread
KA24ETZTM

Post by KA24ETZTM »

So after tinkering with the solenoid Infinally got it to work and successfully manage my boost levels!!! Thank God! So as of now I need a clutch for more power. Once the solenoid was fixed made 5 hard pulls and the car started spitting. Pulled the plugs and they were black and fouled. I am running NGK bkr7e plugs at .025 gap. Since I have LS1 coils should I go bigger? Heard some guys run there's in the .030 range with those coils. Would really like some high HP guys to chime in here. What's your gap? I'm also going to try indexing the plugs.
My Original Build Thread
KA24ETZTM

Post by KA24ETZTM »

So after some aggrivation I figured out my rich problem...AEMs new map sensor has a very cheap connector and the pins do not lock in. After data logging I found the sensor wasn't reading and the ecu was going into limp mode to save the motor. I fixed the wiring into the connector so it will no longer come out. Should have no more issues, car pulls hard now on 15 lbs. I sold my type x kit and I'm going a different route. I'll be starting body work soon, and will return to the dyno after. Trying to get this car on the road so I can enjoy it some this summer. In the mean time here's a night time antilag video.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JWgXXxYBLY8
My Original Build Thread
hersheskuirt

Post by hersheskuirt »

That's great man! Glad you were able to fix the problems. What are going to do about the clutch?
KA24ETZTM

Post by KA24ETZTM »

Looks like I'm gonna be running the white bunny setup. I'll be using a stage 5 350Z clutch. They are supposed to be good for 600ft lbs of torque.
My Original Build Thread
KA24ETZTM

Re: Project KA24E(T)!!! Running Great, Now Body Work.

Post by KA24ETZTM »

So figure I would post up a couple pics...been doing body work and getting things prepped. Took me a while to find some decent fenders and a doors but Things are coming together. Going a different route than before. Actually painting the car back to it original KH3 "Super Black". Going Chuki front with a superb set of Canadian DRL's I put yellow tint on...JDM turns and Kouki Type X Tails.

Also going to use a naca duct from a 280zx for the hood, modifying it a bit though and lots of carbon fiber. Car should look pretty MEAN :angry-teeth: Also got the upgraded clutch setup with forged flywheel and stage 5 350z clutch I was told by Comp Clutch I would be good for 650ft lbs to the wheels so I should have no more clutch issues on the dyno. I'll be going back after she's painted and on the road. Here's some updated pics, a antilag video, and a close idea of what the car should look like minus wheels and the DRLs...Enjoy and please comment!

Antilag Video
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JWgXXxYBLY8&feature=plcp

More progress has been made on this quarter, it's been sanded and dents fixed and filled...I'll update some more pics soon

Canadian DRL's I put Yellow tint on and added some yellow nokya 27w bulbs, these lights go in place of the plastic grilles on the chuki bumpers, also got some jdm turns.

Very close to what the car will look like minus wheels and my personal touches but you get the point...btw if anyone has a xenon lip they wanna sell on the cheap lmk :)
My Original Build Thread
copdodger
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by copdodger »

Sick ass build. Looking forward to more
Saxy_S13
240sx Wannabe

Post by Saxy_S13 »

I've really been slacking in my build lately. Re-read a lot of your thread for motivation again. It worked, as always.
BrokeKAT561

Post by BrokeKAT561 »

Hell yeah just finished reading this and this thing is so sick! I personally went with the white bunny kit also after reading so many good things for it but like alot of other people their is so much inspiration in this thread it is full of win!
KA24ETZTM

Post by KA24ETZTM »

Saxy_S13 wrote:I've really been slacking in my build lately. Re-read a lot of your thread for motivation again. It worked, as always.
BrokeKAT561 wrote:Hell yeah just finished reading this and this thing is so sick! I personally went with the white bunny kit also after reading so many good things for it but like alot of other people their is so much inspiration in this thread it is full of win!
Thanks guys, glad your enjoying it....I am not enjoying this quarter panel right now having to fix someone else's mess has been aggravating. Hopefully I'll have some good pics this weekend. I'll be spending a solid entire day Saturday on the body work.
My Original Build Thread
wance

Post by wance »

Hey man really love this thread, just read through all 11 pages. Awesome build!!!

I must see more!!!!!!!!