hks ssqv bov black edition real or fake cant decide

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
tacokiller07
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

hks ssqv bov black edition real or fake cant decide

Post by tacokiller07 »

Hello all im ready to buy a bov and im just wanting to get everyones opinion on if this is a real or fake HKS SSQV Black Edition BOV. Ive already read the threads on other forums comparing both and seen the pics of the real and fake and cant decide 100% on if its real or fake. It looks good then i think about it again and think it isnt. There are no sanding marks that are noticeable up close on the flange mating surface but the bullet or dome nuts look different from the real ones, the C clip is flat according to the seller and not beveled like it should be. Then it has the registered trademark logo on the little logos..... what do you all think?
tacokiller07
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by tacokiller07 »

Heres the link to the pics sorry i dont know how to upload:

http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/jlo07 ... /HKS%20BOV
Freise
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Freise »

I'd put money on fake, the domed screws at the top are almost a dead giveaway. True HKS are noticeably different, and that's one of the few separations that is still overlooked by knock-off manufacturers, things like the copyright logos and holo markings are common on knock-offs.
I'd say the other dead giveaway would be price, if you paid less than $250-300, then that's usually the other giveaway.

Now, whether or not it works just as well is another debate, I'd guess it works just fine, at least for relatively mild setups, and they try to copy it as closely as possible so they at least attempted quality...
95 240sx KA24DE-T
S15 Injectors
Z32 blow through