C7 Corvette sighting (

Non-technical 240sx stuff in here.
adamky
SuperMod

C7 Corvette sighting (

Post by adamky »

I was in Carrollton, Kentucky for work today. I pulled off into a gas station to check my directions and looked over to see a metallic grey C7 Corvette and I about sh1t a brick. A guy came out as I was snapping pics and asked if I'd like a picture of myself sitting in it. Easy answer! It's a pre-production model. Word around the local forums is that there has been a blue one seen by several people around the Louisville area. This one was a dark metallic gray/gunmetal.

The car looked really good in person, even the "controversial" tail lights.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Two quick videos of it pulling out. Sounded really good. Very deep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_9W_k2klPg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyOus20WAHo
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

Never looked at one of these until now - thanks for sharing! I gotta agree with the taillights thing though, it reminds me too much of what a facelift to the current Camaro's rear end. Definitely digging the front half.
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

At first glance, I have to admit that I thought I was looking at the rear end of a new Camaro. But I did a double take and was like, "holy sh!t'. I actually like the tail lights after seeing them in person. And I did NOT like them when I first saw them in pics.

I thought it was pretty cool and a crazy coincidence. There are only a handful of these pre-production cars in the country right now.

Here are some better pics of one in better lighting: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-gene ... auges.html
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
copdodger
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Re: C7 Corvette sighting (

Post by copdodger »

Sick ride, would love to have the money just to be able to purchase one, lol
slo240

Post by slo240 »

I really like the look of the front end but am not sure about the tail lights. Kind of like the round look since it is part of the vett's history
JIC FLTA2s, tanabe underbody brace, JIC RUCAs, JIC traction rods, JIC rear strut bar

Built ka24de: Eagle rods, JE pistons 9:1, APR main & head studs, beck & arnley bearings, felpro gasket kit, N62 MAF, dual exhaust cam setup, AFC Neo, Innovate MXT-L wideband
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Looks like the first ones are starting to ship to dealerships now. Several locals have spotted trailers full of new C7s.

http://502streetscene.net/forum/showthread.php?t=214467

I live in Louisville, KY, which is not too far away from the Corvette plant in Bowling Green.
Rb26kouki

Post by Rb26kouki »

Has like the stingray look to it