Need advice with build

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
1bdapl
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Need advice with build

Post by 1bdapl »

I am starting the process of building a KA-T. Been aquiring parts and getting things ready but could use some advice. I have a set of K1 rods and a running stock KADE engine. Was going to run stock or more compression. I also have a Full race twin scroll manifold and a brand new Garrett 3076(gtr) ready. Will be running an AEM stand alone Tial 44 waste gate, HKS blow off. Injectors I have a set of 850cc but I am being told I may want to go bigger. Cams I am not sure on yet.
Any advice or suggestions? Please chime in. Currently running a stock engine with a T3/T4. Have the AEM on it with the Full Race mani and 850's . Runs 308hp at the wheels and 288ft.lbs. Just want more power. i would like to have about 400ft. lbs at the rear wheels.
Grant

Re: Need advice with build

Post by Grant »

1bdapl wrote:I am starting the process of building a KA-T. Been aquiring parts and getting things ready but could use some advice. I have a set of K1 rods and a running stock KADE engine. Was going to run stock or more compression. I also have a Full race twin scroll manifold and a brand new Garrett 3076(gtr) ready. Will be running an AEM stand alone Tial 44 waste gate, HKS blow off. Injectors I have a set of 850cc but I am being told I may want to go bigger. Cams I am not sure on yet.
Any advice or suggestions? Please chime in. Currently running a stock engine with a T3/T4. Have the AEM on it with the Full Race mani and 850's . Runs 308hp at the wheels and 288ft.lbs. Just want more power. i would like to have about 400ft. lbs at the rear wheels.

how much more power are you looking for? invest in getting some pistons aeries or cp are a good choice, upgrade your valvetrain, supertech or bc and get some crower cams. with a good tune you can make around 450+, also updrade to some DW1000cc injectors. have you upgraded your fuel setup in anyway? rail, lines, pump....
AFKOUKI
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by AFKOUKI »

^ I second for arias. Just got my motor started up with a new set of them. No boost yet, but runs well, and I cant hear any piston slap that others have mentioned :)
1bdapl

Post by 1bdapl »

Running a walbro and up graded filter and regulator set up. I am more interested in compression ratio and cam size. pistons will be forged and probably CP or equivalent.
I want to have at least 400 ftlbs. of torque at the wheels. The car is a drift car that I run on the street now and then. I also want to stay with 91 octane. I do not want to have to search for fuel