Manifold gasket ports not aligning correctly!

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
240sxfan6882
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Manifold gasket ports not aligning correctly!

Post by 240sxfan6882 »

So after much frustration, and money, I remove my turbo manifold to get it relief cut and resurfaced because 3 out of 4 cylinders were leaking exhaust.
I get it back today, I test fit a brand new Mr Gasket copper gasket (which I SHOULD have done the first time), which I have used successfully before, to find out that the porting on the flange are Wrong! The bolt pattern is correct but the porting are too low! I had trouble with exhaust blowing out and now I can see why!

I got this flange from turbo-flanges.com... they were a sponsor on here under a different name and I came to expect quality.
The ring will crush well on the bottom portion of the flange, but the upper portion will not crush well because there is not much to crush against. And not only that, but this hurts exhaust flow! Has anyone had this problem before?

See the pics for yourself. I will get in contact ASAP. You pay for things thinking they are quality and you get stuff like this.... not good.. not good at all.

you can see how off the portings are:

Close up of the cylinders:

GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
1SikS13
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Re: Manifold gasket ports not aligning correctly!

Post by 1SikS13 »

i fell your pain. i to suffered this same issue with an ebay manifold not once, but twice.
240sxfan6882

Post by 240sxfan6882 »

Yeah its frustrating. These guys claim high quality and USA made, and were sponsors on here so I didn't expect this. And it wasnt cheap either.
Im not going to give them another chance to send me another bad-batch flange.

Im going to Xcessive again.... like I should of done since they worked well before.

Live and learn!!!!!!! lol
flip240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by flip240 »

that sucks dude, never seen quality that bad before.
- Phil - Concord Gray S14 - 339 rwhp, 340 ft-tq @ 12psi
Daily driven turbocharged KA24 for 10 years and counting. 2004-2014
My setup: KA24DE-T
Grant
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by Grant »

damn that suks
240sxfan6882

Post by 240sxfan6882 »

Now that I see the pic again.... im thinking maybe the welder installed it wrong.
If you take a look at the manifold with all of the cylinders showing.... and just rotate the flange 180 degress, keep the manifold the same orientation.... the bolt holes will still align.

AWESOME!