choosing a standalone.....

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
s13newbie
240sx Wannabe

choosing a standalone.....

Post by s13newbie »

heLlo Nissan Gods, I Come Looking To Pic A Few Brains. I'm Just Starting To Learn AbOut Tuning, So Im A Total noob.

Which Ecu (AEM, ENTHAPY, NIStune, Megasquirt, F.A.S.T,....) Would Be Best For My First Experience Tuning My Vehicle. Id LikE to not Have To Send It Out To Change Anhthing, Id Like To Be Able To LoaD AnY Tune Myself, But If A Mail Order Tune With A Safc2 For Fine Tuning Would Be Best 4 Me which Mail Order?

And Finally, Can.Anyone Suggest Any Reading To Kinda Teach Myself How To Tune Myself?

Thanks For All Ur help
1991 240sx hatchback
Engine/drivetrain- Injen intake, K&N cone filter, centerforce stage II clutch, custom 1 peice driveshaft,dual altima E-fans, mini filter for pcv valve on valve cover.

Chassis- Eibach pro springs, KYB GR-2 struts, front & rear strut tower brace

Prime 15" rims
S14wayz
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Re: choosing a standalone.....

Post by S14wayz »

That formating....cant even get through the first sentence
My S14 Build Thread
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=59534
OnTheChip
240sx Wannabe

Post by OnTheChip »

Be sure to have a look at the NismotronicSA Tuning Package which will do everything your asking for, and then some. There is also an eTune Service offered to help speed your tuning while learning. The NismotronicSA Help contains lots of details on how it works.
s13newbie
240sx Wannabe

Post by s13newbie »

i do apologize for the horrible format before, my phone doesn't like the new forum, it types weird. but anyway.

i just want a simple ecu, that i can load a tune onto, but i can also change myself. cheap is good since im my familys only income.

OnTheChip, do u run NismotronicSA urself?
1991 240sx hatchback
Engine/drivetrain- Injen intake, K&N cone filter, centerforce stage II clutch, custom 1 peice driveshaft,dual altima E-fans, mini filter for pcv valve on valve cover.

Prime 15" rims
OnTheChip
240sx Wannabe

Post by OnTheChip »

s13newbie wrote:OnTheChip, do u run NismotronicSA urself?
No, but I wrote the TunerCodeSA firmware that runs on the ECU.
s13newbie
240sx Wannabe

Post by s13newbie »

Does Anyone Have Experience With A Nismotronic ECU?
1991 240sx hatchback

Prime 15" rims
OnTheChip
240sx Wannabe

Post by OnTheChip »

Rather than list all the places Nismotronic is discussed, it's easier to just Google Nismotronic. You'll find forums dedicated to Nismotronic. There is also a Nismotronic Facebook page, and you'll find links to instructional videos on Youtube. You can also Download the Demo Software, Base Tunes and Help Files.
sdaigle240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by sdaigle240 »

you'll need a lot more commitment if you want the power in your hands. there is no non ROM tune that you'll just load a tune and be good to go. its a big bite to chew but you are completely capable of picking it up. just start in the ECU section and read read read. tuning is tuning, dont sweat what platform is being discussed. youll either find yourself hungry to learn more or youll decide its too involved and you just want to have it take care of. if the later is the case i would still recommend a non rom tune, just bring it to a competent tuner and expect to pay 500 for him to tune it.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
Rb26kouki
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by Rb26kouki »

Imo aem EMS is easy to work with if you know how to tune a little price is little high but all depends how far you plan on going with your build also have to think about tuners in your area what ECU are they familiar to tune if your not doing it your self some tuners work with very few ECUs