Any reviews on Five 0 Motorsports?

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
Theo23
240sx Wannabe

Any reviews on Five 0 Motorsports?

Post by Theo23 »

Hey guys, I've been doing some injector research, and found these guys http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/
They apparently have reliable side feeds in the 800-1000cc range for a decent price rather than changing over to top feeds.

Any input? Thanks!
bmaddock
Dreams of owning a 240!

Re: Any reviews on Five 0 Motorsports?

Post by bmaddock »

I have used 550cc FiveO Motorsport injectors and they seem to work just fine. Unsure of how long the PO used them but I haven't had issues with them. I replaced the o-rings when installing them and they all check out at 11 ohms.
Theo23
240sx Wannabe

Post by Theo23 »

Thanks for the review, any idea on how many miles you've put on them? Do you know your duty cycle by chance?
bmaddock
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by bmaddock »

Theo23 wrote:Thanks for the review, any idea on how many miles you've put on them? Do you know your duty cycle by chance?
I've put around 5000 miles of daily driving on them so far, so not much. I don't have a data logger just yet but if I had to make a guess it's around 70% duty cycle at peak output. I made this estimation by assuming a linear relationship between duty cycle and target peak horsepower using Deatschwerks fuel injector calculator. Albeit not perfect, this is probably a good estimate. Also my 290hp is also an estimate, I'm running 12psi on a T3/T4 turbo, stock block KA and have seen similar numbers around there. Some quick ricer math but could be helpful haha.

420hp @ 100% duty cycle for 550cc/min injectors
290hp @ 70% duty cycle for 550cc/min injectors

Deatschwerks Fuel Injector calculator: http://www.deatschwerks.com/resources/f ... calculator
Theo23
240sx Wannabe

Post by Theo23 »

Nothing wrong with a little educated guessing! Thanks for the detailed info, that does help.

Any other reviews out there?
Cp240
NooB

Post by Cp240 »

They're fine injectors, just don't use e85 on them, they like to get stuck after the 4th tank you put them through.
R34SR
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by R34SR »

i have had the 750's since i rebuilt my motor which has been about 2 years and only 5k miles. They are good injectors but can be a tad finicky with latency values. If you intend to do a mail order tune, I suggest looking elsewhere....however if you are confident in tuning yourself and dont mind fidgeting with latency values etc...go for it, you can make them work. And man the price has gone up...i remember i got all 4 of my 750's for $269 shipped from enjuku back then.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
EAGLE-ARP-SUPERTECH 9:1 KA24DE
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
Full Race twin scroll manifold
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

TinyT wrote:for the love of god, post your setup, do you really think you can get an answer after saying HI ME CAR HAS TURBO NOW BUT I CANT BWAAA PSHH WITH IT WHATS WRONG
Theo23
240sx Wannabe

Post by Theo23 »

Cp240 wrote:They're fine injectors, just don't use e85 on them, they like to get stuck after the 4th tank you put them through.
Thanks for the heads up on E85, but I haven't seen that stuff up around my Canadian parts yet.
So what did you do, have them cleaned and popped back in, or tossed them for something else?

R34SR wrote:i have had the 750's since i rebuilt my motor which has been about 2 years and only 5k miles. They are good injectors but can be a tad finicky with latency values. If you intend to do a mail order tune, I suggest looking elsewhere....however if you are confident in tuning yourself and dont mind fidgeting with latency values etc...go for it, you can make them work. And man the price has gone up...i remember i got all 4 of my 750's for $269 shipped from enjuku back then.
Wow, that's a pretty sweet price! How old ARE you?? Joking of coarse, but seriously, I think the average age of guys on this site is probably over 30, am I right?
I will be tuning with NISTune, and will hopefully be able to get hands on with it while its being tuned so that I can learn it from my tuner.
Thanks for the imput, I will do some research in that direction!
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

I started browsing this site when I was around 20....I'm 27 now.

Take my advice kid...coming from someone who tuned both nistune and megasquirt,you want a platform that's easy to tune and user-friendly. Nistune imho is way more difficult to use than megasquirt and tunerstudio. If that isn't enough...tuning with a MAP sensor instead of a MAF is 1000x easier.
I can go on all day why megasquirt is the better option but in the end I guess it's what you and for now your tuner, is comfortable with.

Cheers.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

TinyT wrote:for the love of god, post your setup, do you really think you can get an answer after saying HI ME CAR HAS TURBO NOW BUT I CANT BWAAA PSHH WITH IT WHATS WRONG
marsworld
240sx Wannabe

Post by marsworld »

ive been running their side feed 1200cc for 3 month e85 daily driven.. no issues so far
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

Yeah, I don't know what exactly would make a rather common injector go bad from E85 - especially right away! I run Fuel Injector Clinic brand...never heard of them before my build. Just switched to E85...:) We'll see.

R34SR you and I have followed a very similar path! With my first 240 build ever, I fired it up with a Nistune ECU. This was good to understand how the stock system worked, but fooling with a MAF and all that stuff was difficult. Switching to MS showed me there is miles better stuff out there. MAP and IAT is the way to go.
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

Yes indeed! I don't miss my days blowing up mafs with blow thru experiments either lol.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

Theo23
240sx Wannabe

Post by Theo23 »

R34SR wrote:I started browsing this site when I was around 20....I'm 27 now.

Take my advice kid...coming from someone who tuned both nistune and megasquirt,you want a platform that's easy to tune and user-friendly. Nistune imho is way more difficult to use than megasquirt and tunerstudio. If that isn't enough...tuning with a MAP sensor instead of a MAF is 1000x easier.
I can go on all day why megasquirt is the better option but in the end I guess it's what you and for now your tuner, is comfortable with.

Cheers.
Haha I've got 9 years on ya :) will be 36 in a month.
I've actually had this car for 10 years, installed the turbo end of '07. I initially tuned it with safc neo until the motor crapped out (40,000km later), then I bought aem ems with all the bells and whistles. Got to be around a few ems tuned cars and didn't like the little quirks and things that weren't 'factory' ...like cranking over 10 times before starting, cold starts, etc. I like the part of nistune that uses the good stuff of a factory tune, and then modifying it for my needs. The idea behind the build is to (to the best degree possible) set it and not mess with it, aside from regular checks and maintenance.
My competition drifting days are over, and I want to finish the car with my original intentions, clean, show car with capabilities for fun track days once a year or something..
Theo23
240sx Wannabe

Post by Theo23 »

Oh, and reliable.. I know that's not synonymous with KA-T's, but that is my intention.
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

All the reasons you just listed as to why you want nistune are the exact reasons I also initially bought nistune.

Nistune just never seemed to do exactly what I asked of it....and for me the payoff in learning to tune the cranking enrichment and warm up enrichment tables for megasquirt were well worth the hassle and reward. Lucky for me...someone bought it from me for more than I paid!!
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

schmauster920

Post by schmauster920 »

Just like diesel has a lot of lubricants, gasoline has some lubricants. E85 has almost none. I put about a teaspoon of motor oil or lucas fuel injector cleaner (its oily) in with the tank of e85. Didnt have any issues but its good to know it happens! I wouldnt worry about it if i was just running one tank through since theres enough gas in the system already. This is also a big killer of fuel pumps!
D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
TrackStarGT
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by TrackStarGT »

me wrote:Wow, that's a pretty sweet price! How old ARE you?? Joking of coarse, but seriously, I think the average age of guys on this site is probably over 30, am I right?
I will be tuning with NISTune, and will hopefully be able to get hands on with it while its being tuned so that I can learn it from my tuner.
Thanks for the imput, I will do some research in that direction!
im 29! lol yeah, this site is more for the serious enthusiasts, and most young bucks cant afford this game. I know I couldnt until about 25-26..
Daily Driver: 2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7 TRD
Project and DD: 1995 Nissan 240sx Frankenstein

I live and breathe physics, mechanics, motorsports!!

My build thread viewtopic.php?f=40&t=60602
bmaddock
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by bmaddock »

Damn, older thread but just checking up on it to help someone out on Zilvia. I feel super young now that I'm seeing some ages haha, I'm 23 but ready to start building a true ka-t.org quality build. I'll hopefully be posting on here more frequently soon.