Schmauster920 : Building a Harder Hardbody

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
S14wayz
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Re: Schmauster920 : Building a Harder Hardbody

Post by S14wayz »

never ending lol, driveline/transmission has always been part of builds that I dislike the most :P mainly cause it ends up being so friggen expensive just to enable you to put down power
My S14 Build Thread
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=59534
schmauster920
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by schmauster920 »

My buddy finished up my megasquirt 3 v3 for me. I plan to eventually tap all my gauges into the MS for datalogging and alerts. This will allow me to hide my AFR and other gauges. Im going to keep the oil psi, oil temp and coolant temp gauges i have installed.

Full sequential fuel and spark, MAP sensor, SD card data logging, knock detection (my personal favorite lol) boost control, tuning by gear (algorithms rpm x speed), supports 44psi boost and constant barometric pressure correction with the optional dual map sensor, individual cylinder tuning\knock detection, support for external canbus devices, ton of programmable input/outputs including PWM... and i dont even have to bring her out to dinner. :idhitit:

Its a bit of a scary learning curve being thrown into wiring/and fully tuning the system but i think i have a pretty good base understanding and its truly not complicated.

Not looking forward to the drive-line stuff at all, lots of $$ and time but it'll be worth it.. It wont be for a long while... or until i shatter my transmission..

Also grabbed one of these on ebay for 50 bucks...12" motion computing M1400 tablet PC.. Pulled the 20 and put a 80gb hard drive in it, installed windows 7.. ready to mount somewhere in the truck to tune/gauges/music/movies/etc. Found a USB GPS receiver that ill be buying on ebay for about 20 bucks which will go nicely in the truck. Thinking about getting crazy with some fiberglass and mounting it somewhere, i really want to keep the stock appearance though.

Next update : Wire it in and test drive 1400 miles to visit the family for the holidays. I dont have a camera, i can borrow one if anyone really wants pics of the wiring install. Any moral support setting up the MS is appreciated :)
Last edited by schmauster920 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Nice progress. Can't wait to see the finish product.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
BigLoukaT
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by BigLoukaT »

That's an ms3 fyi (with an ms3x card if I'm not mistaken)

I was reading your list of capabilities thinking damn your buddy threw a lot of stuff into that ms2, but when I scrolled to the pics it all made sense! Lol

Looks awesome
1990 S13
Boosted single slammer
MS DIYPNP
npx from 240sxforums wrote:i figure from my very limited knowledge about the 240 and under the hood about cars in general i would follow the sr20det trend.