***A 'THANK YOU' and Ownership Updates!***

Check in here to find out about important news and events on the ka-t.org forums.
Rick
KA-T.org Co-Owner
KA-T.org Co-Owner

***A 'THANK YOU' and Ownership Updates!***

Post by Rick »

Hello Everyone -

First off let me thank all of our long time, loyal and dedicated members, mods, and contributors. Without everyone's help and contributions this site would be nothing.

It has been almost 12 years since ka-t.org was created (Feb-22-2003)! I originally created it as I was beginning the build on my first S14 motor. At that time there wasn't much out there for community building KA-T's and I like to think I was on the 'cutting edge'. Shortly after I started the site I got an email from Ryan Klatt who was a student at UNCC who was building a KA-T setup and had a strong background in website design. We formed a partnership and started working on building a site, forums, and more importantly - community. This website and forums have become the leading repository for KA-T builds and information - again without the contributions of our members this wouldn't have ever been possible. We are now over 14,000 members! This is a number we wouldn't have ever dreamed of when we started the site - it is just amazing!

As everyone knows - over the last 2-3 years both Ryan and myself have grown distant and have neglected the site. As our lives have both changed in the last 12 years and as I no longer own a 240 (Audi S4 now) we have always talked about our plans with the site, unfortunately neither of us has really had the drive or motivation or the free time to dedicate the time and energy to fulfilling those plans. We have reached out to a couple of friends we have made who own other forums (Gregg @ NICO for example) about taking over the site, but we had to shy away because we think it is important to keep KA-T a separate and individually definable entity. As such - anyone who reads the forums knows who Airman (Michael) is how he has been somewhat 'outspoken' on his desire to assume the rights and ownership of the website and forums....

I am pleased to announce that over the next several weeks - Airman will be assuming control and ownership of the website rights and the forums itself. We are currently together to handle the transfer in as smooth of a manner as possible. I will still be active throughout the transferring to Airman as well as after.

Again - thank you to everyone who has made this site such a great place for everyone!

--Rick
••••••••••••••••••••••••
No... I don't own a 240 anymore!
••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Don't remind me of my failures, I haven't yet forgotten them"
supakat
SuperMod

Re: ***A 'THANK YOU' and Ownership Updates!***

Post by supakat »

Sounds good Rick. Michael will take care of your baby. I know how it is with time. As we get older, more responsibilities and less time. Thanks for the support and will to help keeping KA-T.org alive.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
nissan240sx
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by nissan240sx »

well I think only good things will come from this ! hope all goes well
1991 black 240sx R.I.P
1991 grey 240sx R.I.P
1991 240sx sold
1991 bmw e30 current
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

I am very thankful to have come across this forum years ago while beginning my own journey down KA lane. I spent time at a few other forums and sites and avoided others except maybe for the for sale sections to get an idea of what items cost, typical setups, etc. The .org was and still remains my home.

I will add more sentiments when I return back to the states next week. Rick, I owe you a PM or two - I will return those today when I have some downtime.

Long live the .ORG!
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
vajeeha
NooB

Post by vajeeha »

very nice....im already at that point where i wish i listened to everyone and went t3 from day one. This god damn t28 is stifling me.
You can get score highest marks in ccna tutorials dumps exam using ccna pdf notes - pass-4sure and test king which are prepared by top certified professionals, a+ vce ccna wireless training.
Bubba
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Bubba »

That is awesome.

Thank you Rick and Ryan for creating this forum. It became one of my favorite places to visit and do my daily reading from the first time I visited many years ago. The community as a whole has been extremely helpful over the years and have probably saved me alot of money.

I think the change in ownership will only help the forum grow from here on out.

Congratulations Airman.
My car is dead stock.... ish

http://mobileimports.freeforums.org
slos14
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by slos14 »

wow from a guy who was a member from the start it is so great to see this place turn in to what it is . I hope to have another s14 or a s30 at some point down the road that i can share with all of you . keep up the great work !!!!!
ka-t on the way
"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Caroll Shelby
p00t
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by p00t »

This site has been a great resource over the years. I would have never been able to turbo this car with as little frustration as I did (first in 2006!). I would have made a lot more mistakes and spent a lot more $$$$ on my turbo project. I did not know nearly as much as I do now and it's always great to come back even after being away for a while to see or learn something new.

Also the community has been so strong in helping each other and never turning away the newest members, instead they helped them to learn. Damn impressive.

Speaking of mergers... The only way KA-T.org could get better is merging the hybridka forums into it!
Current Experiment: Project Twin-Charge 2022
PR0D1GY
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by PR0D1GY »

We are of Family
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by cleantune »

First of all, I don't think I've ever had the chance to thank the creators of KAT.org, so thank you Rick and Ryan for bringing this website into existence, putting your own time into improving this site, and making what it is today. I believe you guys were on the "cutting edge" of the KA-T community when you established such a specific type of forum. Sure there are plenty of Nissan forums, but none that catered to the Nissan KA series engines like this one has; and because of this, with the combine efforts of you guys, administrators, moderators, members and other contributions, KA-T.org has become a valuable data base/encyclopedia for many people who have chosen the KA powerplant. This is a huge accomplishment and I think we are all very grateful for what you guys started. I still love logging into the site because there was always something new to learn about.
You guys are the best, thanks again!

Congratulations Michael (Airman) for taking initiative and acquiring a new position of authority on this site. Today when I logged in, the familiar red Ka-t.org banner (banner design credit to Rick and Ryan?) at the top of the page put a smile on my face. I'm not sure if you had anything to do with that or not, but if that is any indication of where this site is heading, I like it.

Let's strive to keep Ka-t.org innovative and up to date with new ideas and as always, "keep up the great work" everyone!

(on a side note, I've read "keep up the great work" a lot in this forum's threads, should that be our slogan? haha)

For SALE !!! >>http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 44#p537044 <<

Buildthread: http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 46#p537046
instagram: @cleantune / @siks_tehn_racing
Rick
KA-T.org Co-Owner
KA-T.org Co-Owner

Post by Rick »

cleantune wrote:.
First of all, I don't think I've ever had the chance to thank the creators of KAT.org, so thank you Rick and Ryan for bringing this website into existence, putting your own time into improving this site, and making what it is today. I believe you guys were on the "cutting edge" of the KA-T community when you established such a specific type of forum. Sure there are plenty of Nissan forums, but none that catered to the Nissan KA series engines like this one has; and because of this, with the combine efforts of you guys, administrators, moderators, members and other contributions, KA-T.org has become a valuable data base/encyclopedia for many people who have chosen the KA powerplant. This is a huge accomplishment and I think we are all very grateful for what you guys started. I still love logging into the site because there was always something new to learn about.
You guys are the best, thanks again!

Congratulations Michael (Airman) for taking initiative and acquiring a new position of authority on this site. Today when I logged in, the familiar red Ka-t.org banner (banner design credit to Rick and Ryan?) at the top of the page put a smile on my face. I'm not sure if you had anything to do with that or not, but if that is any indication of where this site is heading, I like it.

Let's strive to keep Ka-t.org innovative and up to date with new ideas and as always, "keep up the great work" everyone!

(on a side note, I've read "keep up the great work" a lot in this forum's threads, should that be our slogan? haha)

Thanks man for the nice words. I put that banner up about a week ago or more as a little 'throwback' you're the first to mention it!

--Rick
••••••••••••••••••••••••
No... I don't own a 240 anymore!
••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Don't remind me of my failures, I haven't yet forgotten them"
Walperstyle
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Walperstyle »

Can't think of a better owner :twocents-02cents: .
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

Walperstyle wrote:Can't think of a better owner :twocents-02cents: .
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
vrmilionzx
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by vrmilionzx »

Thank you Rick and Ryan, for starting this, and for keeping everything going as smoothly as it has. ka-t has been both an incredible resource, and a great place to throw ideas around, gather knowledge, and poke fun at each other.
Thanks for all your time and effort!

I'm sure that the future will be just as bright with Airman in charge!
arias pistons (8.8:1), pauter rods,
cometic headgasket
garrett t3/4 50 trim
mild p&p, pdm cams, 3" turbo back,
jwt flywheel and ecu, clutch specialties clutch
740cc injectors, ebay fmic,
elec fans, msd, stock vlsd, z32 brakes and mafs, safc2, hks evc 4, Koyo Radiator, protective layer of dirt.
-"stock" s13 dd - Project MPG
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Sweet. Congrats Airman. This is by far my favorite automotive forum. I like the place and I like the people here. I feel like we go the extra mile to help each other a lot more than other forums do. I appreciate Rick and Ryan keeping it up for all of these years and I'm sure that Airman will do a splendid job running things.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
Matt Cramer
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by Matt Cramer »

I'm glad to see KA-T staying in the hands of enthusiasts. Big thanks to Rick and Ryan for running this, and good luck to Airman!
Matt at DIYAutoTune.com - Megasquirt ECUs, fuel injectors, wideband O2 sensor systems, and more
Nissan plug and play engine management now in stock!
96silvia

Post by 96silvia »

This is one of the coolest sites that I go to. I am grateful that you guys have kept this site going it has helped me a lot along my path with my s14. Michael thanks for being willing to keep this going!!
CP pistons
Pauter x-beam rods
ARP 11mm head studs
ARP 10mm main studs
tein super drift coilovers
edfc,Blitz nur spec-r muffler
z32 5speed tranny swap
kpjo4
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by kpjo4 »

Thanks to both of these old KA junkies for keeping a nice ka site up! Woot!
DD: 2010 E92 335i N54B30 JB4+DP
Project Cars:
93 EH2 CX B18B1 TD04
94 E36 318is M42B18 t3/t28 garret hybrid turbo
90 S13 240sx KA24DE-T gt2871r
merlin240s13

Post by merlin240s13 »

Big thanks for keeping things KA all the way here...

Much respect, I've learned a lot about building engines from this site over the years, and a lot about wrenching, troubleshooting, breaking ****, and being able to sit back and just laugh at everything.

This site and my 240sx have tought me all I've ever needed to know about cars.

It's STILL all about that search button!!

Once again THANKS RICK AND RYAN!

Grab them reigns Airman!