nismotronic ka24de cop help

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
adamky
SuperMod

Re: nismotronic ka24de cop help

Post by adamky »

I wasn't able to mess with the car today, but based on what thegr8one013 did to get his running, I think I need to go 3 teeth clock-wise.

If you look at what he did, he basically clocked the dizzy so that the largest inner slot in the SR disc is in roughly the same spot as the largest inner slot on the KA disc, so that's what I am trying to copy.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

She runs! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIwxwRRDHLU

3 teeth clock-wise actually got the car running , but base timing was off 15* and there wasn't any adjustment left to get it there. So I tried moving back 1 tooth to put me at only 2 teeth CW. That did the trick and we were able to set base timing @ 20* while in "set timing mode".

So, for future reference:
-S14 distributor need to be rotated 2 teeth CLOCK-WISE
-S13 distributor need to be rotated 2 teeth COUNTER clock-wise
In both cases, this should be close enough to get the car started and then you will have to adjust from there.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
OnTheChip
240sx Wannabe

Post by OnTheChip »

Nicely done! Thanks!
Cerevo
NooB

Post by Cerevo »

So adamky, you are using an s13 sr20det ecu, an s14 ka24de dizzy, with the s13 sr20det Cas optical wheel inside it?
I have been considering going turbo on my Ka but I want to line out how I'll tune it first.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Cerevo wrote:So adamky, you are using an s13 sr20det ecu, an s14 ka24de dizzy, with the s13 sr20det Cas optical wheel inside it?
I have been considering going turbo on my Ka but I want to line out how I'll tune it first.
That is correct. I don't know if you've seen my build thread, but I made a custom conversion harness for the ECU so it was mostly plug-and-play. The pinout is in my thread too.
Cerevo
NooB

Post by Cerevo »

Haha, after I posted this I found you had a build thread and i'm about 16 pages in currently (been reading through as I have time) I am VERY interested in this. I really wanted to LS swap my car but I think just Turbo and shooting about 300 hp is the way to go since my engine is a fresh rebuild and it would be far cheaper to go this route.
I'm wanting to do something a little unconventional. I have an Evo that I've changed turbos, injectors, and some other stuff that I think would be an awesome setup for the Ka. I'll have to make my own exhaust manifold to keep the twin scroll, and that leaves tuning the 510cc injectors that came out of my Evo 4 engine. I also want to go with a MAP setup. It looks like this Nismotronics will do that as well.

I actually live in Paducah, Ky and my wife an dI are frequently in Elizabethtown since she is from there. I would love to see your setup some time we're up that way. I love that you coated all of the bolts haha, they look awesome.