Guide To Vaccuum Hoses

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
TryingToTurbo
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Guide To Vaccuum Hoses

Post by TryingToTurbo »

I will be posting all of my vaccuum/boost sources I used for my KA-T.

The Red Circle shows where I Ted into my brake booster line BEFORE the check valve. All I did was cut the stock hose in half then stick a plastic T in there. Then I bought some high pressure/high temp hose from Lowes. MAKE SURE ITS HIGH TEMP OR IT WILL MELT!!!! And I connected it to the Vaccuum Nipple (also made from Lowe's fittings) and voila, there is your vaccuum source for your BOV.

Please ignore the orange hosing. I ran out of my high temp hose, and had to use something readily available in my garage. Yours should just be one solid high temp hose.

To help simplify your vac sources you can also you a vac block as pictures below. Then just run all of your said vac lines from the nipples on the black.

Thanks Mario for the pic!
Last edited by TryingToTurbo on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

This is the easy one. This is for the Wastegate Boost Source. All you need to do is get some high temp hosing that fits the nipple on your wastegate. Get a foot of is just for fun. Then buy a brass nipple to fit that same size hose. Pull out your Kawasaki , or similar brand, drill and drill a hole in to the 90 degree elbow coming off your turbo. Get the hole just a hair bit smaller than the threaded side of the brass nipple. Then just twist that baby in, and it will make its own threads. To finish it off pull out your Grey RTV because the orange is hideous and it smells. and put it all around the fitting so it won't leak.

Here's Mine:

Also, this is argued to be the best spot for your WG boost source because it is so close to the turbo, so it gets the true amount of boost actuating it. Another solution people have is put it on the intercooler piping that connects to the elbow because some people don't feel comfortable drilling into a piece that is near impossible to find.
Last edited by TryingToTurbo on Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

The big nipple on your valve cover you can just leave open. Thats what I did. OR you can route it back into your intake after your MAF. I don't really see the point in this, so why waste the extra money on the tubing. I don't think you really need a pic to see how to leave a nipple exposed.

For the boost gauge, you need a vaccuum source. Many people put theirs in different spots depending on what you have in your car still as far as emissions ****. Here is how mine is. I did it this way becuase it made routing the vaccuum line through my fender very easy to do.

PLEASE NOTE: The red circle marked 1 comes from underneath the TB. 2 is the other half of it that goes into the wonderful black canister that does nothing.

Note: All brass fittings in any of my posts were bought from Lowe's Home Improvement because like all DIY people say, "Im made of time not money" Actually I dont have TIME or MONEY, but I still get by.
Last edited by TryingToTurbo on Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZiG
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by ZiG »

i have a jgs vacuum block right there.
slowKA
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by slowKA »

Excellent start! I see you have the manifold wrapped up too. Looks good so far. Thanks
On FA as slow240.

95 Base 5MT; Injen intake, Motoria Single tip exhaust w/ 2nd Cat delete. S14 VLSD. Clutch Masters Alum. Flywheel, KYB GR-2s Specialty Z subframe collars. Nismo Mounts.

KA-T project: COMPLETE! Parts getting fabbed up to work together 06/07/08. Install pending arrival of Fuel Pump and BOV. Should have boost by July!

5/2011 - Lol, totally didn't! I do have two kids though.

SEX = DEAD DREAMS
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

Just so everyone who sees this knows. This is just the starting post to a series of posts that will document my entire ka-t install. (hint hint, if you wanna make a sticky series, here's volume 1)

I hope this will help eliminate some common, newbish posts, i know I am guilty of them back before I did my build.
slowKA

Post by slowKA »

+1 on the sticky. This is the one thing I felt the DOHC turbo for Dummies left out. Maybe this is more for Smarties. Either way, it's good info for the soon to boost. Everyone knows the :evil: is in the details, and these are details.
On FA as slow240.

95 Base 5MT; Injen intake, Motoria Single tip exhaust w/ 2nd Cat delete. S14 VLSD. Clutch Masters Alum. Flywheel, KYB GR-2s Specialty Z subframe collars. Nismo Mounts.

KA-T project: COMPLETE! Parts getting fabbed up to work together 06/07/08. Install pending arrival of Fuel Pump and BOV. Should have boost by July!

5/2011 - Lol, totally didn't! I do have two kids though.

SEX = DEAD DREAMS
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

Yes, ZiG, that is another option for vaccum sources. If you need more vaccuum sources than what I have shown, then I would suggest getting a vaccuum block. I didn't see the need in one since I only needed to vac sources. As I said above, these are my specific places I used for my boost and vac sources, but not necessarily the only ones.

ZiG if you have a pic of your vac block setup , please post it and I will put it into my first post. Or PM me the pic, so you don't clutter the thread. Either or.
marios13

helping out

Post by marios13 »

just to help out.
"sweety you need something from the store? yes gallon of milk and hks bov and drift baby drift!!!"
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

Cool stuff!
ZiG
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by ZiG »

Whoops, sorry chief.. didnt see that request. This is the best one I can find off hand..

Note that I have it moved further to the side there.. I moved the check valve down to the end and stuck the block where the check valve was. This made it a little easier to reach the hoses and they didn't go over the valvecover.