emance tunes? reliable?

Advanced discussion of improving KA-T components
speed cat
240sx Wannabe

emance tunes? reliable?

Post by speed cat »

any one had any experience with emance tunes. i hear good ad bad about them.
kick it,throw it,punch it,turn it
cydewayz
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by cydewayz »

they are the worst tune i have come accross
not reliable at all

so in other words 100% no no from me spend that money on efi /calum/ jwt aem etc no emance
rip off
the guy jason will be good with replyin email and **** while you are buyin ecu from him
once you buy it from him will quit answerin the phone and stop replyin so my advice and its worth every word of it
is no to emance
love Ka-ts
working on vq35 swap
emo_tactical9
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by emo_tactical9 »

Search!
Just call me Adam.
95 240: DIYPNP and T28.
08 Honda Fit
84 200sx: Sold after almost 10 years.
My file hosting:Calum,MegaSquirt,FSM
speed cat
240sx Wannabe

Post by speed cat »

for value wise, whats the best route?
kick it,throw it,punch it,turn it
530_kat
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by 530_kat »

Yeah you should of searched. I even told you where to find this review thread. But here is some reviews on him.

viewtopic.php?t=37080&start=0
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=371858&page=1

Like others have stated if you feel comfortable tuning your own setup get a nistune or calum.

If you dont want to tune your own setup try Jim wolf tech, EFI, or enthalpy. I dont guarentee anything with them but many people have had good luck and they have good rep.

The least expensive one is EFI, then enthalpy, then most expensive is Jim wolf.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

speed cat wrote:for value wise, whats the best route?
I haven't personally dealt with EFI Specialties, but I have heard some good things about them on here. And unlike E-mance/Jason/nosajton, I believe they actually write their own tunes.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
NizzmoS13
240sx Wannabe

Post by NizzmoS13 »

EFI is great, great tune's and communication. I actually had a chance to meet Kheim once, very straight up person.
KA24DE-T = Dopeness
wannaboost?
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by wannaboost? »

I started a thread called " did e-mance go out of business?" because i was also considering one of his tunes. Turns out i had horrible service with him( calls and emails) to BUY his tune and he didnt even return them so he could get my business.

I have just went a different route with safc and retarded timing because im only running 5psi on a t25.. I would suggest a much nicer ecu tune for anything over 5psi. Hope that helps.. Oh and BTW, even with all these threads on here about him he still wont come chime in.. (he's a member on here)

Build.Boost.Break.Repeat.
530_kat

Post by 530_kat »

NizzmoS13 wrote:EFI is great, great tune's and communication. I actually had a chance to meet Kheim once, very straight up person.
Where in Cali is he located? I know he does mail tunes, but would he tune on a dyno for S-chassis owners near him?
NizzmoS13
240sx Wannabe

Post by NizzmoS13 »

530_kat wrote:
NizzmoS13 wrote:EFI is great, great tune's and communication. I actually had a chance to meet Kheim once, very straight up person.
Where in Cali is he located? I know he does mail tunes, but would he tune on a dyno for S-chassis owners near him?
He was located in Newark but last time I e-mailed about changing my tune for bigger injectors he mentioned that he now lived in Texas.
KA24DE-T = Dopeness
cydewayz
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by cydewayz »

NizzmoS13 wrote:
530_kat wrote:
He was located in Newark but last time I e-mailed about changing my tune for bigger injectors he mentioned that he now lived in Texas.
i spoke to him last week he is back in newark
so he is back in cali
love Ka-ts
working on vq35 swap
schmauster920

Post by schmauster920 »

I got a chipped ecu that came with an Emance tune (from jason), whats so bad about these if you have a wideband and safc2? I think people that just plug in pre tuned ecus and drive are crazy anyways!
D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
NizzmoS13
240sx Wannabe

Post by NizzmoS13 »

cydewayz wrote:i spoke to him last week he is back in newark
so he is back in cali
Thats good to hear, guess it was only a visit to Texas then.
KA24DE-T = Dopeness
chue240sx

Post by chue240sx »

schmauster920 wrote:I got a chipped ecu that came with an Emance tune (from jason), whats so bad about these if you have a wideband and safc2? I think people that just plug in pre tuned ecus and drive are crazy anyways!
That's true but what about timing?
stock internals,t2 GT2871R, Unorthodox pulley set,FMIC, HKS SSQV 2, Apexi N1, z32 maf, nismo 740cc injectors,Prosport boost and oil guages, Innovate LC-1 WB02, enthalpy dual tune ecu for 91 and e85, Apexi N1 EvX suspension, cusco rear sway bar and front brace, megan tie bar, RUCAs, toe arms, traction arms, etc, works vsxx, Nismo solid red with white pearls, daily driving
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

schmauster920 wrote:I got a chipped ecu that came with an Emance tune (from jason), whats so bad about these if you have a wideband and safc2? I think people that just plug in pre tuned ecus and drive are crazy anyways!
You should NOT need an SAFC2 to *fix* a tune that you pay for.

I think it is crazy to pay someone to provide you with a 'tune' and then need to fix it.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

I have one of his tunes. and my problem can't be solved even with the use of my SAFC. every morning i have to watch my AFRs dip into the 17-18 range when I first start driving it because of his tune. No matter how much fuel I add via the SAFC, his tune somehow negates the effects of the fuel correction. I can't wait until I get a new tune.

Don't buy from E-Mance.

/thread
Built KA24DE: Wiseco 9.0:1 | Eagle H Beams | ARP Head & Main Studs | BC 272s & Springs | Supertech Valves
Boost Source: Under Construction

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
pa s13

Post by pa s13 »

8-bit wrote:
You should NOT need an SAFC2 to *fix* a tune that you pay for.

I think it is crazy to pay someone to provide you with a 'tune' and then need to fix it.
Every car is different, alot of ppls locations are different, when buying a pre tuned ecu you are gona have to watch it and make adjustments, they arent supposed to be plug in and make 500hp
importdude

Post by importdude »

my experiacnce/car runs great

idles 14.5 ish
solid idle

in boost 12.1>11 afr
crusing 13>15afr

hes going to be dynotuning my built ka-t soon
Matt_101

Post by Matt_101 »

Hes a excellent tuner - he did my ctty wear. It runs prettywell perfect. Doesn't idle but thats because my IACV isn't hooked up. it does idle once its warmed up. I have 550 cc injectors and average sized t3. i ended up running a slighly bigger exhaust houseing and it still runs nearly perfect. sputters a little just before it hits boost - think i have a vac leak. He is very pleasent to deal with, he answeres emails within like 2 hours. if you chip your ecu yourself - you don';t have to buy the whole ecu from him. i got my tune for 60 bucks off him.
Mild rebuild in progress. Hopes of entering Targa Newfoundland in 2011.

"rolled off the assembly line with a KA24 iron block engine that's as stout as Queen Latifah's ankles but as sophisticated as a cannonball" - David Pratte, Modified Mag
schmauster920

Post by schmauster920 »

That is a wonderful thing about having a chipped ecu.. you can make your own chips/tunes, theres a steep learning curve to that stuff, thats for sure

I removed my IACV and just have to keep my foot on the gas for a few seconds when i start it up.. becides that it idles around 800 and will dip but rarely stall after a minute of driving
D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Matt_101 wrote:Hes a excellent tuner
:roll: No he's not. The only real "tuning" he does is to load someone else's tune onto his chip, slap his name on it and call it his own. He's exactly the type of person we DO NOT want in the KA community.

Here's another thread in addition to the two already posted: http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/3 ... ve-partial

He's a liar and a thief. Please stop supporting him.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
ryans13
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by ryans13 »

i had him do one, got it from them on ebay, said he d give me a discount if i sent him extra ecu's cause he needed cores, i only sent him one, and mine, and i bought one that was "no core required" and he ripped me off on those, and wont reply about a re-tune, i wanted another tune done for race gas and he wont reply. lemmon grove CA is where i sent my ecu's too, the chip constantly falls out of the socket is the problem i have, suddenly i get a 2500 revlimit and i can hear is bouncing around in there, but last time we were at the track we wedged a piece of card board in there to hold it in against the ecu cover.

pretty bogus guy in general

no support after the sale
1991 240sx fast back ka24de
1990 240sx fastback ka24de-gt2871r hottness