367hp/390tq (Hy35 @ 16lbs)

Dyno Sheets/Results Only! We have a separate forum about ECU Tuning and Theory
mo_hish
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

367hp/390tq (Hy35 @ 16lbs)

Post by mo_hish »

They said they would email me the dyno sheet, but until then... heres a pic I took with my phone.

Vid: http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll82 ... G_2389.mp4

Hy35 @ 16lbs
DW 810s
N62 Maf
9:1 Wiseco pistons
AMS rods
Stock cams
Stage 1 port/polish head
Felpro headgasket
Full ARP hardware
RB20 flywheel
350z Stage 2 full-faced
Eprom tune
Safc2 for fine tuning (I hate admitting this, but I messed with the tune on the way to the dyno with the afc.. will eventually fine tune on eprom, but it was leaning out up top. That probably screwed with my timing a bit)

Build thread: http://ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47099
Last edited by mo_hish on Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
devnemo
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by devnemo »

those are ***** great numbers, almost 400ftlbs at 16lbs
blacks13coupe

Post by blacks13coupe »

Nice numbers i bet that pulls good! What kind of mani are you running?
tom550
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by tom550 »

does that say your afr is 9?
eazye2000
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by eazye2000 »

Who's the fatty eating the twinky?

Nice numbers. I'd like to see a bit more info on what you're using.
sr20drag
240sx Wannabe

Post by sr20drag »

Very impressive for 16lbs. get your fuel pump hardwired and I bet it fixes your leaning out. I had to when I got up to these power levels. If not it's in your tune. When you get the fuel fixed do another pull at 21psi and she will make 400whp and 425 wtq all day long. The HY35 chokes out past 21psi with the small 9cm2 hotside. You won't gain much past 21psi and the turbo life goes downhill fast past that. I've seen a H22 honda make 450whp at 22psi on a HY35.

What mani are you using to clear the BMC with the HY35? 2.5" or 3"dp??
mo_hish

Post by mo_hish »

Thanks everyone.

I'm actually using a standard eBay bottom mount t2 mani that I flipped over, chopped the flange off of, welded a t3 flange on, and reinforced it to support the weight. Followed by a custom 3" DP.

They didn't hook up a wideband to my exhaust (I'm assuming it was to save time because it was a dyno day and there were a lot of cars going on and off) so I'm guessing that air/fuel is just the default. My afrs were pegged at 11.5 after the tip-in.

lol the guy eating the twinkie isn't me.. I was in the car.

I've actually been meaning to hardwire my fuel pump, even though it never occured to me that it might be the reason I was leaning out up top. I was just thinking it was the tune. And I'll definitely be turning the boost up soon to at least ~20. The goal is 400+.
redline240sx

Post by redline240sx »

Great numbers man, I was looking into the same HY35 turbo, but went a different way :(
S13 KA-t
mo_hish

Post by mo_hish »

Thanks bro.. the Hy35 is definitely a great choice if you ever have to make that decision again.
chue240sx

Post by chue240sx »

I'm actually looking for a hy35 but can't find any. Let me know if u see any for sale or if u can tell me where u looked.
stock internals,t2 GT2871R, Unorthodox pulley set,FMIC, HKS SSQV 2, Apexi N1, z32 maf, nismo 740cc injectors,Prosport boost and oil guages, Innovate LC-1 WB02, enthalpy dual tune ecu for 91 and e85, Apexi N1 EvX suspension, cusco rear sway bar and front brace, megan tie bar, RUCAs, toe arms, traction arms, etc, works vsxx, Nismo solid red with white pearls, daily driving
mo_hish

Post by mo_hish »

Check out the cummins forums. I actually registered on several diesel truck sites when i was looking because they upgrade their hy35s and then get rid of them cheap..
chue240sx

Post by chue240sx »

which sites exactly if you don't mind telling me. I'll search still but I'd like some recommended sites. Thanks.
stock internals,t2 GT2871R, Unorthodox pulley set,FMIC, HKS SSQV 2, Apexi N1, z32 maf, nismo 740cc injectors,Prosport boost and oil guages, Innovate LC-1 WB02, enthalpy dual tune ecu for 91 and e85, Apexi N1 EvX suspension, cusco rear sway bar and front brace, megan tie bar, RUCAs, toe arms, traction arms, etc, works vsxx, Nismo solid red with white pearls, daily driving
mo_hish

Post by mo_hish »

I honestly dont remember all of the sites, but I believe I got mine from dieselbombers.com

(I remember this because I keep getting emails from them...)
NateDogg

Post by NateDogg »

Hey nice dyno chart!
Are you going to take it to the track?

If you want, contribute your tune to the ECU tuning forum.
'91 S13
Built, balanced KA-T
mo_hish

Post by mo_hish »

Thanks Nate. I'll probably end up tracking it to see what kind of numbers I'd get on street tires.. but I'll probably max the clutch out first and see if I can break 400 on the dyno first.

Also, I haven't gotten around to tweaking the tune up top yet, but as soon as I'm happy with it, I'll throw the tune up.
Unbound Yuurei

Post by Unbound Yuurei »

mo_hish wrote:Thanks Nate. I'll probably end up tracking it to see what kind of numbers I'd get on street tires.. but I'll probably max the clutch out first and see if I can break 400 on the dyno first.

Also, I haven't gotten around to tweaking the tune up top yet, but as soon as I'm happy with it, I'll throw the tune up.
WHOOT WHOOT! Congrats on the numbers!!!!!! Can't wait to get my He341 running!!!
mo_hish

Post by mo_hish »

Thanks bro. You're going to love it, but make sure you build that extra block of yours because you're definitely going to want to crank this boost up!
Unbound Yuurei

Post by Unbound Yuurei »

mo_hish wrote:Thanks bro. You're going to love it, but make sure you build that extra block of yours because you're definitely going to want to crank this boost up!
T_T omg i can't wait. hmmm i'm thinking, $2.2k For a complete built bottom end. i was tryin to find that vid on youtube but i couldnt find it. by anychance, do you have a link to it?
mo_hish

Post by mo_hish »

What vid are you talking about? If you're talking about my dyno pull.. I have it on my photobucket account, not on youtube. Just click the link below the pic.
Unbound Yuurei

Post by Unbound Yuurei »

mo_hish wrote:What vid are you talking about? If you're talking about my dyno pull.. I have it on my photobucket account, not on youtube. Just click the link below the pic.
Reason why i asked is i saw that video before... maybe i clicked on it on your build thread or somewhere but i guess it was on photobucket =D
sr20drag
240sx Wannabe

Post by sr20drag »

mo_hish wrote:Thanks everyone.

I'm actually using a standard eBay bottom mount t2 mani that I flipped over, chopped the flange off of, welded a t3 flange on, and reinforced it to support the weight. Followed by a custom 3" DP.

They didn't hook up a wideband to my exhaust (I'm assuming it was to save time because it was a dyno day and there were a lot of cars going on and off) so I'm guessing that air/fuel is just the default. My afrs were pegged at 11.5 after the tip-in.

lol the guy eating the twinkie isn't me.. I was in the car.

I've actually been meaning to hardwire my fuel pump, even though it never occured to me that it might be the reason I was leaning out up top. I was just thinking it was the tune. And I'll definitely be turning the boost up soon to at least ~20. The goal is 400+.
Please post some pics of your manifold conversion. U will be damn close to 400whp at 20psi and well over 425wtq at that number. These turbos are very comparable to GT2871's and GT3071's in power and spool up for 25% the cost, and they are rebuildable for about $100 at just about any turbo shop. It is the way to go for a good streetable powerband IMO. The HX35 on a T3 .70ar will make 100 more whp with slightly slower spool(300rpm). They are very compareable to the GT30R or S256BW.
chue240sx

Post by chue240sx »

can't wait to get my setup! Yikes! This gives me motivation!
mo_hish

Post by mo_hish »

I don't really have pics of the conversion. There are probably some pics in my build thread of the manifold though. Like when I'm pulling the motor or putting one in will probably be the best shots of it.

I'll throw my build thread link in the first post.
jmac636

Post by jmac636 »

It's great to see your Hy35 make these type of numbers. I also have the Holset He341 and I basicly did the same thing with a T2 manifold and it cost less than $100 to build. Here's a few pics of when I was fabbing my setup:

This picture was taken before I installed a slim brake booster.
1995 S14 daily built block nismotronics sr20det Ecu running my ka-t, synergy green S14 5.3l turbo 240sx 1/4 mile traps 135mph on 13psi and dr's.
Holset HE341 Install thread woohoo!!
viewtopic.php?t=48692
http://www.playloudclothing.com/
mo_hish

Post by mo_hish »

Yup, that mani looks almost identical to mine... angle, stud and all.

Btw, my car's for sale!!!
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/sho ... p?t=103123
katrecipe
**BANNED**

Post by katrecipe »

damn those numbers are outstanding for 16 psi of boost makes me feel good about my HE351 i hope to make good torque along with horsepower...
I was a moron and I got banned!
91_ka24de

Post by 91_ka24de »

good ***** lord you see that front end just pick up?
"we never have money to do it right,but we always find money to do it twice"

"Money isn't really much of an issue. Only the time it takes to make it." -ILuvS13s

Hatchback,ISIS/HKS Hyper D-Max coilovers, Work Euroline DH fronts 18x8 Rears 18x9 205/40's,Wiseco Pistons,Eagle Rods,deatch work 740cc injectors 255lph,Aem Wideband, 58/63 turbo, megan FPR,Mishimoto rad,3" Apexi turbo back exhaust,Nology Hot Wires, NIStune
mo_hish

Post by mo_hish »

Yeah, this was good times. The car/setup has since been through it.
Hopefully it comes out the other end with 500hp