***240sx Tech DVDs NEW VIDEOS ADDED

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
MunsonAuto
Learners Permit

Post by MunsonAuto »

I will definitely, do so. Would you mind if i posted something up on club240?
Thanks again and I can't wait to get it!
"There's No Replacement For Displacement"
joshds25
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by joshds25 »

MunsonAuto wrote:I will definitely, do so. Would you mind if i posted something up on club240?
Thanks again and I can't wait to get it!
no I dont mind at all - Thanx agin.
2high2aim
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by 2high2aim »

I have watched the video about 3 times and was wondering if you were going 2 make another one with more detail i was a little bit confused because you skipped around.
joshds25
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by joshds25 »

2high2aim wrote:I have watched the video about 3 times and was wondering if you were going 2 make another one with more detail i was a little bit confused because you skipped around.
Yes I plan on making another when i get the funds up.

Please email me if you have any issues or dont understand anything - I tried my best to make it where you could understand - but some things are hard to explain for everyone to understand. joshds25@yahoo.com

I wouldnt say I skipped arpound - There are so many different ways to do a turbo install - I actully pulled the motor and replaced alot of things - then installed it a broke in my clutch and then did the turbo install.

Its all setup in menus - 1-11

There is no 1 step by step order to install a turbo kit - you can install the turbo first or last - as well as any other parts.

I will admit - it could be done better - it was my very first tech video - and trust me it isnt as easy as it seems - to produce, video tape, while doing all the work by myself.

All my other tech videos are setup to run straight through (no menus) which I think is better.

LMK if you have any questions or concerns and I am open to ideas if you think I could lay it out in a more understandable layout?

The big question is - did the video help you out at all? Even if it helped you on how to remove the injectors for example - then thats is awsome in my mind. Which i am sure it helped more than that.

Have a good one
broke_kanic

Post by broke_kanic »

just put an order for the ka24det turbo dvd, cant wait to get it. how much will the intake manifold and emissions dvd cost??
joshds25
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by joshds25 »

broke_kanic wrote:just put an order for the ka24det turbo dvd, cant wait to get it. how much will the intake manifold and emissions dvd cost??
You can go to my website and view all my videos and detailed descriptions as well as sneak peeks. I have free factory service manuals to download - We are starting to make Nissan/Infiniti Performance parts - I have a guy that makes custom shift boots too!

Check it all out; http://www.240SXTECHDVDS.org
Last edited by joshds25 on Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
2high2aim

Post by 2high2aim »

hey yea it clarified a few things. It would have been better if the turbo was not installed and it was just stock form and then show the audience how you put it on start to finish. I just thought it to be a little confusing have the turbo on the car already. Also I don't think it would cost much if you just paid someone to video tape sense the video itself is about $35 and for one DVD it would cost about $0.50 @ http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 9938019191
So you would be making a profit of $34.50 which is a lot of profit also the video could have been if it were longer. For example the in addition to the pictures you could have recorded how you did the stuff on you S14.

Or you can do a deal maybe someone around your area want a KA-T then you tell him i would do it for free or at the fraction of the price to do the KA-T all he has to do is pay for the parts and record you doing it.

This is just what I believe and yes its a great video but I could have been much better.
joshds25
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by joshds25 »

Turbo already installed?

It was a stock car and I installed the turbo stuff on it.

Are you sure you watched it? It goes in menus 1-11

Yes there a ton of things I plan on doing differently on the next one

it not about the $$ as they dont sell that great - I wish I could find someone wanting to do a KA-T I would do labor for free! People in my area arent really as cool as they should be. They think they I should pay for everything too! I dont have $$ like that. I cant even afford to do a video out of my pocket.

This video cost me a $12k loan - so when I was finished I had to sell it all - I have afew frinds that help video taping on my other videos - but sometimes you gotta do things alone.

I do know what everything cost as I am making the videos - and trust me its not as easy as it seems - $$ wise its not worth it - but I love doing it thats why I do it.

They are not Million dollar productions - and this was my first video I ever did - so...

Well anyways - you might wanna check the video agin - the turbo was not already installed - I show how to install all the turbo stuff on the video. Thats the whole point behind the video. To show how to install it all.
joshds25
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by joshds25 »

forgot to add - its not just the cost of a DVD - you have the time of making the DVD - time of editing the video - time of making the video - shipping materials - shipping - paper - printer ink - website fees - paypal fees - man the list goes on and on.

Like I said before $$ wise it is not worth it.

You really have to love to do it. If you expect a profit - then maybe you should open a shop somewhere?

I do these videos in my spare time - its a hobby really.

Have a good one
2high2aim

Post by 2high2aim »

I do admit its a great video I was just pointing things out where I thought it could of been improved on. Well anyways if I were where you are I would of help you out with the recoding but I am all the way in Cali. Anyways I hope tons of people buy the DVD
joshds25
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by joshds25 »

Thanx man and yes I love when people give good/bad feedback it helps me on the next video - and yes I wish i had more helpful hands around here too.

I would have to say my 5 speed swap DVD is the best yet.

But my 2nd edition of my KA-T DVD will be the best ever - I have a big plan on that - it will be a DVD set by the time I am done with it. It will take me a little while to get help to do it. But no worries I wil get it done.

I am getting ready to get a new job - so more $$ there plus extra time to spare too!

I will be trying to make a small business out of the video making so I can get sponsors to help out too!

I have big plans it just take alot of time and money.

I really dont care about making the $$ - if I do that awsome - but I am happy just being able to play with 240's right now - as I cant even afford to own one! I think thats pretty sad myself.

Have a good one.
2high2aim

Post by 2high2aim »

I am wondering, once your done with the video why don't you post the Cars on autotrader or craigslist...and tell them how the car was on an instructional tech video and you did it also you can maybe tell them if you want any kind of upgrades done in addition to that just pay for the parts and you would install them, with labor for free...this way you do not have to pay for anything to do another video.
joshds25
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by joshds25 »

2high2aim wrote:I am wondering, once your done with the video why don't you post the Cars on autotrader or craigslist...and tell them how the car was on an instructional tech video and you did it also you can maybe tell them if you want any kind of upgrades done in addition to that just pay for the parts and you would install them, with labor for free...this way you do not have to pay for anything to do another video.
Yeah I post all my cars for sale on all the 240sx websites and autotrader - but they always sell on autotrader and out of towners. Except for 1 s13 shell - I sold to a guy in NY on Zilvia.net

I am actually doing a SR swap DVD in 2 weeks with a guy that lives about 2 hrs away from me - I am trying to talk him into when we get done with the SR video - to sell it all and then do the KA-T videos - I am giving him all free labor - plus a % of video sales!
I think that is a awasome deal - wish someone would offer me a deal like that!

He is wanting to do a DVD set on the SR too - so we will see what happens there.

I have a ton of videos planned - I just hope I will be able to put them out in a timely manner.

When I did my 5 speed swap - it took forever - as work got extrmely busy - I got engaged - we moved - plus I ended up having to pull the motor and tranny 3 different times because of issues! But when I finished with it - that was the nicest car I had ever built!
2high2aim

Post by 2high2aim »

thats good i cant wait to see the SR dvd and see what I will do. SR vs. KA-t tough chooses...(plz dont start flame wars)
joshds25
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by joshds25 »

2high2aim wrote:thats good i cant wait to see the SR dvd and see what I will do. SR vs. KA-t tough chooses...(plz dont start flame wars)
Me pesonally - I belive the KA-T is cheapier and will be faster when all is said and done.
No flamage needed - some love the SR some love the KA-T
They are both great in their own ways IMO. :wink:
broke_kanic

Post by broke_kanic »

got the dvd and its very infomative. i like it and it should help me in my build. thanks!
joshds25
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by joshds25 »

Awsome glad you liked it! and it helped you out!

Keep your eyes peeled for #2 to come out next year!
joshds25
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by joshds25 »

new look - whatcha think? :wink:
tkils
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by tkils »

What exactly is covered in the turbocharge one?

I'm going to need help in the following areas:
General instiallation
By-Pass Valve
Oil lines

Do you cover all that? Do you also explain the importance of some of the iteams?
joshds25
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by joshds25 »

tkils wrote:What exactly is covered in the turbocharge one?

I'm going to need help in the following areas:
General instiallation
By-Pass Valve
Oil lines

Do you cover all that? Do you also explain the importance of some of the iteams?
This video should have you covered :wink:

It goes over pretty much the whole install - it does not go into tuning - upgrading (MAFS - Timing)
\
Its more of a turbo install video along with motor/drivetrain maintenance

Check the link to see full details;

http://www.240sxtechdvds.org/KA24DETurboDVDpage.html

LMK if you need more info or anything!
nismohardbody

Post by nismohardbody »

honestly, if you made a tuning video, id buy no matter what the price. whetther it be fine tuning a tuned ecu with safc or what...
1993 hardbody currently ka24e, 5spd, basically stock
ka24et buildup and swap coming this summer
www.nissancustoms.com
joshds25
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by joshds25 »

nismohardbody wrote:honestly, if you made a tuning video, id buy no matter what the price. whetther it be fine tuning a tuned ecu with safc or what...
I actually already have one planned - its just getting up the $$ to do plus finding someone close to me to do it with

In the past I would buy everything - the car and whatever I need to do the videos and when all was done I would have to sale it all to try and get some of my $$ back

So then I thought about it and desided to start finding people to do the videos with
People that were gonna do it anyways and I just hook them up with free laber plus a % of sales on the video.

Its just in my surrounding area (Kannapolis, NC 28081) its tuff to find people even willing to do this - which is beyond me why its so hard to find someone willing?

Either way I will do one - even if its out of my own pocket!

Thanx for the contribution though - it was really a great idea! :idea: :wink:
tkils

Post by tkils »

Just paid for/ordered mine. I bought with paypal, off that link..so I assume you'll know which address for it to be sent too? Thanks alot!
joshds25
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by joshds25 »

tkils wrote:Just paid for/ordered mine. I bought with paypal, off that link..so I assume you'll know which address for it to be sent too? Thanks alot!
are you; matthewsarale@ yahoo.com
If so - I sent it to the address on your Paypal account.
tkils

Post by tkils »

joshds25 wrote:
tkils wrote:Just paid for/ordered mine. I bought with paypal, off that link..so I assume you'll know which address for it to be sent too? Thanks alot!
No. I am kohmercury@yahoo.ca
joshds25
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by joshds25 »

tkils wrote:
joshds25 wrote:
No. I am kohmercury@yahoo.ca
I dont have a Paypal payment from a kohmercury@yahoo.ca - are you sure you sent payment via Paypal to johds25@yahoo.com ? I would check your Paypal if I were you.

I recived a payment for a KA-T DVD today from a - Matthew Sarale - but thats it.
tkils

Post by tkils »

I'm canadian so I clicked on the Canada payment option.

Payment To Andrew Turba Dec. 5, 2007 Completed Details -$35.00 USD $0.00 USD
joshds25
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by joshds25 »

tkils wrote:I'm canadian so I clicked on the Canada payment option.

Payment To Andrew Turba Dec. 5, 2007 Completed Details -$35.00 USD $0.00 USD
Oh wow you scared the crap outta me for a min!

Yes Andrew is my Canadian distributor as it cost me $12.00US extra to ship to Canada so it will get there in a reasonable time with tracking.

He however does not have all of my videos in stock

Awsome guy though! He will be thrilled - his sales have been way down too!
tkils

Post by tkils »

It's the same video right? And he does have the one I ordered in stock right?
joshds25
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by joshds25 »

tkils wrote:It's the same video right? And he does have the one I ordered in stock right?
yes - he has the KA-T & 5 speed swap DVDs