EVO VII 16g turbo, or ???

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
marcj
Learners Permit

EVO VII 16g turbo, or ???

Post by marcj »

I'm picking up a project 240sx for really cheap, and as always, my car MUST be boosted :twisted: .. So, what would you guys recommend for a ~300whp stock KA24DE, EVO 16g or Holset HX35 ?? reason being is I have both of these turbos in good condition.. obviously the 16g will max out before the KA24 reaches a critical point, but I'm not sure how the big holset will hang.

let me know what you guys think.. please don't just respond unless you REALLY have a good understanding of both turbos and the KA platform. Thanks
Markdawg20
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by Markdawg20 »

I'd recommend a turbo of the T3 flanged variety.
Liger
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Liger »

I recommend using the smallest turbo that will get you to your power goal, with a little room to spare. This way you'll be in the turbo's efficiency range more often and make more power under the curve.

If you're worried about when the power will come, change the turbine housing size to alter the power-band.

With that said, you'll need to make a custom manifold for the MHI turbo, while you should be able to find a suitable manifold for the Holset relatively easy.
Ihiryu
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Ihiryu »

Holset all the way! I've never used one but I've seen lots of the dyno's it'd be worth it. That and it's t3 flanged, and still internally wastegated so it'd make things a lot easier.