how long? how much?

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
myfirst24010
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by myfirst24010 »

sdaigle240 wrote:
Stay KA wrote: I don't understand how anyone can boost their car before the age of 20.
they dont drink and smoke. :lol:
I don't smoke but I sure do love beer and I do not drink and drive know to many people that died from that
Stay KA
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by Stay KA »

Well if there is one thing good about not making a lot of money it's learning how to spend it wisely. $18,000? Damn I'd have on sick car.

I scored big buying my 240 for $900. And most money has gone to restoring it. I'd say I'm $4,500 deep, including the price of the car. And It's no anymore beater either ;)

I <3 my purple car! Tiny T :lol: I'm thinking I won't exceed the $8,000 mark. But the car will exceed 300hp 8)
-Richard

TinyT
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TinyT »

my tip to any young person that wants to make a quick buck. sell rock
myfirst24010

Post by myfirst24010 »

Yea I spent about 2500 or less on my car incluiding megan coilover 300 zx calipers 300zx rims maintenance s14 seats and intake I usto work at strauss so cheap to freee stuff I goty 3 cases of royal purple left. Now I work for honda and nissan and discounts there to and I shop around hard I got my s14vlsd for 80 bucks and its good
240tuned91
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 240tuned91 »

i guess not being able to go to bars at my age is a good thing. save some dough
KFLS14
240sx Wannabe

Post by KFLS14 »

car is still on going 3years now
-8k '98 80k on it, when I bought it
- About 5k jgs turbo kit/gauges, turbo related, 2 spare ka/trans
10k body/suspension/drivetrain/seats etc.

-Boosted 2years stock block
330/310 14psi
180psi across all 4cylinders(checked yesterday :o )

Also I know a bunch of guys who have spent a crap load, but usually not all at once. It's possible but its usually spread across a few years. I spent 23k on my build so far over 3years. Although I probably saved about 1k got really lucky scoring parts locally.
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

damn im 22 and still no boost, but i did have cancer for a couple years so that put me back, then i had to pay rent for a year when i had a good job in manhttan, then **** hit the fan, ended up at autozone....my god no **** person in autozone ever knows **** about cars and everyone working there ended up coming to me for help!! then the bastards started cutting hours...so paying rent on a autozone paycheck is near nothing left...then i lost all work for the past 5 months, car parked since, now going for surgery this friday....ah well i promise you she will see boost within the next 2 years....i hope lol.

on the bright side i did get her for $1150...now 6k deep and that includes her cost.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
EAGLE-ARP-SUPERTECH 9:1 KA24DE
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
Full Race twin scroll manifold
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

TinyT wrote:for the love of god, post your setup, do you really think you can get an answer after saying HI ME CAR HAS TURBO NOW BUT I CANT BWAAA PSHH WITH IT WHATS WRONG
myfirst24010

Post by myfirst24010 »

R34SR wrote:damn im 22 and still no boost, but i did have cancer for a couple years so that put me back, then i had to pay rent for a year when i had a good job in manhttan, then **** hit the fan, ended up at autozone....my god no **** person in autozone ever knows **** about cars and everyone working there ended up coming to me for help!! then the bastards started cutting hours...so paying rent on a autozone paycheck is near nothing left...then i lost all work for the past 5 months, car parked since, now going for surgery this friday....ah well i promise you she will see boost within the next 2 years....i hope lol.

on the bright side i did get her for $1150...now 6k deep and that includes her cost.
Damn kid good thing u beat that I applied for autozone they don't want me I think I want a weekend job
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

the main things that piss me off about autozone is this :

1. They dont pay you on time and when they do they pay for like 3/4 the hours you worked and then they roll the hours over to the next pay check and then pay you 3/4 of that.....so they always owe you money that gets compiled.

2. Instead of hiring 10 full time employees they choose to hire 30 part timers to fill all kinda wierd schedules because they dont wanna give anyone 40hours since that will make them full time and entitled to benefits....so the most you can ever get is 18 hours a week IF YOUR LUCKY.

I took a test before they hired me and aced it so i managed to wrangle $9.25 an hour outta them which isnt bad, but considering i got 6-14 hours a week ....and coming down to the last month the latter amount of hours...its just not worth it......work at Arch i hear they are waayy better not only in terms of pay but its a company you dont have to feel bad about selling their parts since they are actual quality parts...compared to autozone **** which breaks all the time but yet warranty lets you get a new part for free....im not fond of replacing parts constantly , even if its free.

even when i worked there and had a %20 discount i still bought from online or arch...only thing that 20% employee discount is good for is cleaning supplies for your car.

no discounts on oil for anyone :-(
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

TinyT wrote:for the love of god, post your setup, do you really think you can get an answer after saying HI ME CAR HAS TURBO NOW BUT I CANT BWAAA PSHH WITH IT WHATS WRONG
myfirst24010

Post by myfirst24010 »

I just want a not to stressfull weekend job I usto work at strauss I was pupming almost 50 hours a week because I was a service writer/installer/parts guy and I was making 9 an hour I would cone home dead I would like a weekend spot at autozone for a few. Months to help my build up and actually see that needle pass the quater tank mark I didn't even think about arch there's on there on rockaway blvd not to far from autozone
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

its actually like a few blocks away from the one on rockaway...just as you cross over the van wyck its on the left hand side .....cant miss it.

Youre lucky i was begging for hours and couldnt get....and now im sayin screw it all and going back to school and january.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

240tuned91
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 240tuned91 »

the longer u wait the better of u are. u obviously learn more everyday and u can wait for a great deal
myfirst24010

Re: how long? how much?

Post by myfirst24010 »

Crazy 12 years later
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

You're telling me, I'm looking back at old threads laughing my ass off about "how little I spent" or what I thought I knew.... It's an endless money pit.... And I love it still to this day.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

p00t
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by p00t »

Haha MyFirst was responding to a spam post I deleted. They like to pick the oldest threads. Bots programmed by assholes :obscene-birdiered: !
Current Experiment: Project Twin-Charge 2022