KA24DE-T I've obtained; Need help!

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
alwayshungry
NooB

KA24DE-T I've obtained; Need help!

Post by alwayshungry »

Hey guys;

I recently purchased a kouki S14 240sx.
I've taken apart the entire engine and i come to find out I have pauter rods; Ross pistons.
But there's an issue... It has 8 thousanths piston to wall clearance....because of the bore... 89.5096
I now know the pistons are stock size and it's not even worth reassembling with THAT much clearance.
So now I'm at a fork in the road; do I buy correctly sized pistons or a new block?
I've tried to obtain a block locally to no avail.

SO with all that being said.
Are hardbody or singlecam KA oversized pistons usable in my DE block? I'm new to ALL of this- As this is my first car I've ever had to actually build.
I would like to basically have the ideal options laid out.
Ideally 9:1 || 89.50 (My bore) with pistons that arent $600+
EnnEssEnnKAT
NooB

Re: KA24DE-T I've obtained; Need help!

Post by EnnEssEnnKAT »

Not sure if that clearance is bad or if your pistons or cylinders are to blame but yeah you can use sohc pistons they just would result in different compression in a dohc. KA blocks are so readily available I would just keep trying on like fb marketplace and if no luck overbore your block and get new pistons. There’s a decent market for used aftermarket internals if you sell your Ross.
alwayshungry
NooB

Post by alwayshungry »

Can I use truck ka pistons?
EnnEssEnnKAT
NooB

Post by EnnEssEnnKAT »

Yes all of the KA pistons fit whether it’s de or single jingle. The compression for single jungle pistons would equal a different compression on de.