Thoughts on microsquirt for a KA-T setup?

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
Akuhyo
NooB

Thoughts on microsquirt for a KA-T setup?

Post by Akuhyo »

Hello, this is my first post on this forum. I currently just built my NA KA and I'm looking to boost it. I was planning on getting a Megasquirt for the KA but it seems like they've been discontinued for S14 KAs. (I have an S14 KA in my S13, except I modified the S14 ECU & harness to work in the car.)

Then I looked into the microsquirt, the price seems fair, would this be reliable and a good setup for running a KA-T? I don't see any downsides on this standalone.
NukeKS14
240sx Wannabe

Re: Thoughts on microsquirt for a KA-T setup?

Post by NukeKS14 »

You can use a flying loom and wire it in yourself. Megasquirt is universal. They're having an issue getting the harness interface plug since their supplier quit carrying/making it.

Imho, i would use either megasquirt 2 at a minimum or just wire in a ms3 box. The functionality you're going to lose out on with a microsquirt will make it less than enjoyable as anything but a track/drag car.

Look at features and who is going to tune it for you and your ecu choice will be made pretty easily. Lots of good options out there. I like my ms2 a lot but my buddy has an ms3 in his miata and the difference is quite noticeable in little things like closed loop idle tuning, boost control, and ego. If i ever change i'll either upgrade to ms3 or suck it up and go with a haltech elite.