Cool new intake manifold and future plans

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
R34SR
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Cool new intake manifold and future plans

Post by R34SR »

Well guys I know there aren't many of the OGs still on here that even read this stuff... But it was always the home that I learned so much from so I'll keep posting here for the few that still do.

That said... I feel like the KA is starting to have a bit of a revival with many companies making new parts for the platform... Artec makes a beautiful stainless cast manifold for the KA24 for a very fair pice of $1100,. Tomei makes great cams and a t2 manifold... It's a much more affordable time if you have a KA to play with one. ECU options are out of this world... Link, haltech, megasquirt or one of my new faves ecumaster emu black... I want one of those or a haltech nexus r3.

I'm always prowling for new KA parts or wanting to do things a bit differently... And recently discovered a pretty damn cool intake manifold for the ka24 from a company in Australia called custom alloy welding.
There stuff looks top notch and they make alot of Barra parts. I ordered one of their manifolds because it's taken me years to understand that quality parts cost money and I'm finally at a point in life that I can afford to buy quality parts... Would the KA be my #1 choice if I was starting out today... Heck no.. But I have it and it's done right by me. My intention is to kinda do somethong new... I want drive by wire throttle because ***** the iacv system and nasty looking throttle cable. So I ordered the intake with a 74mm bosh throttle body flange, will install a DBW accelerator pedal, full new ECU system and lastly I'm condensing the intercooler system to a mishimoto air to water cooler system to minimize charge piping.... Those are the plans for the new year but I'm also working on my c5 Z06 so we will see how long it takes.
Attachments
330411700_749486933355483_4659036666106661737_n-1152x1536.jpg
20220815_1919141-scaled.jpg
299317359_436617808495583_1535593902728594912_n-1024x1024.jpg
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
EAGLE-ARP-SUPERTECH 9:1 KA24DE
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
Full Race twin scroll manifold
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

TinyT wrote:for the love of god, post your setup, do you really think you can get an answer after saying HI ME CAR HAS TURBO NOW BUT I CANT BWAAA PSHH WITH IT WHATS WRONG
Bigcam
Learners Permit

Re: Cool new intake manifold and future plans

Post by Bigcam »

Thanks for the info on the intake manifold, I'll have to check them out.
p00t
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by p00t »

That is a lot of plenum volume. WOW.

I think 74mm throttle is a good choice. I'm still rocking the stock one on a bigger plenum and I can max out my z32 MAF easily with this new setup.

Interesting that Tomei manifold is discontinued... and they say there is a new version coming. Must have sold a few!

Do you have front wheel ABS sensors? The best part of DBW in my mind would be for the traction control aspect.
Current Experiment: Project Twin-Charge 2022
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

That's part of the reason I'm converting.... But I have no abs sensors in place.... My car was a factory auto/non abs. But that's future plans... I gotta decide on a ECU platform... So far I'm really liking the features and software layout of ecumasters EMU black but Link and haltech also in the running.... Link stuff is very pricey and I'm not a huge fan of the software feel.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

TinyT wrote:for the love of god, post your setup, do you really think you can get an answer after saying HI ME CAR HAS TURBO NOW BUT I CANT BWAAA PSHH WITH IT WHATS WRONG
tuzzio
240sx Wannabe

Post by tuzzio »

Something to keep in mind, Tomei USA and Tomei Japan are 2 different companies with 2 different levels of quality.
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

I can't comment on that, but I can say I have their 272 cams.
Degreed them out of the box and they were dead on point... Didn't even need adjustable gears.... Excellent idle quality too.. Can't even tell.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25