Personal KA-T Build and Experience

Dream about your 240's turbo power in this forum.
S13Zeb
NooB

Personal KA-T Build and Experience

Post by S13Zeb »

Hello, a little over two years ago I made my first post on here. At the time I was 15 now I'm 17. Anyways, I was looking for opinions on my a build list for my car as I was 100% on what I was doing. Since then I'll say I'm pretty happy with where I've gotten to with the car. I'm not gonna lie, it's gotten in me in some trouble (really just with my mom lol). I live in a small Oklahoma town so there's nothing much to do other than cruise or well race. I'll say I never lost a race and I'm pretty confident in saying I have the fastest car in town but that's not much to brag about. Fastest car I've raced has probably been a local guy in a 392 daytona. That was a good race but that's gonna be my last since I don't wanna get in anymore trouble.

As far as my car, it took almost a year to get it running. I had a lot of issues starting out on an already started project. I would fix one thing and another would break, it was constant back and forth. When I did get it running, I ended up blowing the head gasket twice before I bit the bullet and decided to actually build the motor. I'll say this car has taught me a lot and I've gotten to deal with the hardships of owning an old s-chassis. The car isn't perfect but I think that's what makes it cool in my eyes. That car has made a lot of memories some good some bad but I wouldn't have changed anything. I put my all into the car, almost every dollar I've saved up working on cars or flipping cars has been put into it. I have a spreadsheet I haven't touched in a little but I know it's somewhere around 15k (12k excluding the car). It's my first car so it actually took a little bit to have enough balls to really get on it but now I'm confident pretty driving it. I remember my tuner telling me I'm short shifting it and to stay in it till he says so. I've done some ignorant stuff in this car ngl, but I think I gonna refrain from doing some of it.

Build List:
I refreshed the whole motor so
OSK Timing Kit
OEM Oil Gears
Rebuilt the Oil Pump
Seals, Gaskets and what not
Whole head was redone but nothing was upgraded
Blocked was bored .020
Supertech Pistons 9:1
Brian Crower Rods
ACL Main and Rod Bearings
ARP Head Studs
Felpro Head Gasket
Crank was polished and knife edged
I was running a cxracing turbo kit but only thing left from that is the intercooler, piping, and downpipe.
I'm running an ISR T3/T4 turbo 63 a/r 50 Trim running 16psi
Tial F38 Wastegate
I don't remember what Manifold I'm using but I did have to upgrade when the cxracing one completely broke at the wastegate
Koyo radiator
ISR efans with p2m fan controller and gauge
MSpnp2 is what I'm using for my engine management
HKS catback
White Bunny Clutch kit

That's pretty much all I thought was worth mentioning. It's pretty basic I think in terms of other builds, it's fun enough for me for the time being though I would like to add and change some things. I've gotten it tuned twice now and first was just to get it drivable for school and what not second time was to dial it in. Never got it dyno'd but my tuner told me I'm in the 300s and that the motor was making a lot of torque or something along those lines. I trust him in that, his shop had a few s-chassis all of them had sr's though. I'm currently wanting to get it retuned but I'm broke so yeah. Only issue I'm having is right now the car idles rough when cold but it's fine when it's warmed up. The car is great though, I'm happy with it. I don't know where I'm gonna go from here build wise but we'll see.

P.S. I know this is pretty long but I felt this is probably the place where all this would get appreciated
Attachments
12/9/20 Day after I bought the car
12/9/20 Day after I bought the car
4/14/23 Morning of my Prom
4/14/23 Morning of my Prom